Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Boston is not getting EJ or Zadorov in any trade. The Avs defence is terrible, and those are their two best pieces. Sakic is looking to add defencemen, not trade his best one.

Neither are additions to a deal either.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
If they're considering moving Carlo, why didn't they do it when it was Trouba coming the other way...

My guess is Sweeney and company feel the depth on defense is better then our forwards; so replacing Carlo might be easier.

Plus..I feel like this will be a domino effect.

If, and big IF, they move Carlo..they'll somehow replace him in another deal right after.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I think it's based around Carlo & Landeskog. And that makes sense. I agree with bp13. I like Carlo, and he's been awesome for us, but I don't know how much higher his ceiling is than what we are seeing now, and I thought he looked average without Chara during that stretch. If we dump salary like Hayes or Beleskey, and bring back a defenseman, like Weircioch, then I think this is a win; especially if McAvoy can come in and contribute sooner rather than later.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I don't think it's Carlo........
I think we're gonna see it based around Colin Miller.

If we deal Colin Miller we need to get another puck mover on the back end, that is imperative, that's why I think Carlo is going to be the guy going if a trade goes down.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Dumping a contract will cost them a bit.
Dammit if they do Carlo+1st.

1) EJ is hurt
2) If we are getting EJ and Landeskog, you'd be looking at a huge haul of assets you don't want to give up. Not Spooner. Not 2nds, Not Hayes. I mean 4 or 5 prime assets.

It's just not happening.

Yep.
28y EJ is Colorados #1D, then add their 24y Captain, both signed longterm.
Hayes+2nd+ DeBrusk isn't exactly a package that would get it done :laugh:

Lando & Zadorov seems like a more reasonable ask and even that is going to cost them.

Trading Zadorov when they are rebuilding or whatever they will be doing?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The kid is playing 21 minutes a game in his 1st year in the pros. I'm not exactl sure how you would consider that projecting as a long term 3/4 guy?

I agree with him. Remember Carlo is playing those minutes on a non-contender, possibly a non-playoff team.

I think Carlo projects as a very good second pair guy on a contender.

I don't think he has the puck skills to be more than that.

Not knocking him, BTW because teams absolutely need guys like him to win. I just don't think he's capable of being a 25+ minute, #1/2 on a team that wins a cup.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Dom, can you throw us a bone? Hearing anything of substance since your tweet this morning?

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
for those posing the question "if it's Carlo for Landeskog why hasn't it just happened already?", perhaps the negotiations have been massaged this whole time, plus the later it's gone the more the cap it goes down for the remainder of this season, making a larger package more doable. Not a primary motivator for sure, but side benefit.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I agree with him. Remember Carlo is playing those minutes on a non-contender, possibly a non-playoff team.

I think Carlo projects as a very good second pair guy on a contender.

I don't think he has the puck skills to be more than that.

Not knocking him, BTW because teams absolutely need guys like him to win. I just don't think he's capable of being a 25+ minute, #1/2 on a team that wins a cup.

The same stuff was also said about a 25 year old Johnny Boychuk 7 years ago.

Quality d-men are hard to come by, we should know that as well as anyone.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Colin Miller is another legit option here.

Like Patty said, if it was going to be Carlo wouldn't it be done already? The Avs can get their Carlo analog in the Duchene deal. That seems like a more reasonable price for that player. I'd pay it, for that player, but not Lando.

It also makes a lot of sense from the Bruins perspective. Carlo and McAvoy are the future on the right side here. We have McQuaid and Kevan. If one of them stays then they can be the 3rd pair anchor and mentor to whatever left side prospects are left after the deal. Gryz-McQuid or Lauzon or Zboril...

Colin Miller, Zboril, 1st for Landeskog.

My counter to that would be that you are realizing Miller maybe has more value now, and THAT is the reason it took this long for Sweeney to budge on Carlo. Now that he sees Miller is a viable d-man (maybe), now he feels Carlo is maybe moveable with McAvoy also in the wings.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If we are looking at a salary dump as Hub says for Lando, then EJ, even if we could get him would require more dumping would it not? That means you are looking at having to move Krejci, Rask, or Bergeron to fit EJ's 6 mil. I'd be fine if the Avs wanted Krejci and he would agree to go, but they are not likely to want a 7 million dollar man about to be on the wrong side of 30 if they are in rebuild/retool mode.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I want nothing to do with a deal that involves Landy for McAvoy or Carlo. D is still this teams weakness and Landy hasn't been playing great, no reason to lose top tier D prospects for him right now in my opinion.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Sweeney would go from a c average GM to a D- in my book if he did Carlo for Landeskog

We have a number of good offensive young forwards coming up, what we lack is big smooth skating solid defenders - let alone ones that come in at 19 and already look like pros. Carlo could be a staple on the first pairing for 10+ years ... you don't trade that for a guy who is imo overrated when it comes to leadership and attitude when your main issue the last 3 years has been a solid and stable defensive core.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
If we are looking at a salary dump as Hub says for Lando, then EJ, even if we could get him would require more dumping would it not? That means you are looking at having to move Krejci, Rask, or Bergeron to fit EJ's 6 mil. I'd be fine if the Avs wanted Krejci and he would agree to go, but they are not likely to want a 7 million dollar man about to be on the wrong side of 30 if they are in rebuild/retool mode.

That's not true...we have enough dead weight on this team (Miller, Hayes, Belesky, Khudobin) that would could make it work.

I like Carlo...but IMO, I dont think it'll be the end of the world. (I feel like if he moves him, he has another trade lined up for a dman)

Landeskog is still young, top 6 player......we dont have any of that coming up in our system.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
My counter to that would be that you are realizing Miller maybe has more value now, and THAT is the reason it took this long for Sweeney to budge on Carlo. Now that he sees Miller is a viable d-man (maybe), now he feels Carlo is maybe moveable with McAvoy also in the wings.

Also remember guys, we have Lauzon who performed very well at WJC and Zboril who's been doing well himself since his return to St. John. We have some high potential defense prospects in the cupboard outside of McAvoy.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Don talks about "dealing from a position of strength"

Trading a 20 yr told Dman in a package for a forward, when defensive happens to be where you are lacking most, is not dealing from strength

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The same stuff was also said about a 25 year old Johnny Boychuk 7 years ago.

Quality d-men are hard to come by, we should know that as well as anyone.

Agreed. But Boychuk did top out as a #3, which is where I see Carlo.

Again, not looking to move him just to move him, but in the right deal, I'm not against it.

Just gotta see how the chips fall.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Agreed.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Don talks about "dealing from a position of strength"

Trading a 20 yr told Dman in a package for a forward, when defensive happens to be where you are lacking most, is not dealing from strength

Considering what they have in the 'farm' is a position of strength, IMO.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
1) EJ is hurt
2) If we are getting EJ and Landeskog, you'd be looking at a huge haul of assets you don't want to give up. Not Spooner. Not 2nds, Not Hayes. I mean 4 or 5 prime assets.

It's just not happening.

Again just throwing something out there to see if a guy like EJ would ease the pain of Carlo (maybe) getting shipped out for Landeskog. EJ is 28 and signed at $6 million for 4 more years. By the time Colorado rebuilds he'll be either done w/ this contract or almost over and in his early 30's.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Everyone is talking Chiller....maybe it has more to do with K.Miller?

I understand the guy takes a lot of slack on these boards, but he's been playing great for a while now.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
That's not true...we have enough dead weight on this team (Miller, Hayes, Belesky, Khudobin) that would could make it work.

I like Carlo...but IMO, I dont think it'll be the end of the world. (I feel like if he moves him, he has another trade lined up for a dman)

Landeskog is still young, top 6 player......we dont have any of that coming up in our system.

If we can move the dead weight, I agree. Who wants Hayes? K.Miller might generate some interest, Dobby, 0 teams want him- he could have been had for free on waivers just a few weeks ago-, or Beleskey either the way he's playing at that salary. That's the problem with clearing that much space. If the B's need to fit Lando (who I love and want, even for Carlo at this stage) then it's easier to move a K. Miller or McQuaid as all you need is to move one. To fit EJ, you have to move 'em all and it doesn't seem possible to me.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Carlo is not untouchable to me

That said I don't like adding much more to him for landeskog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad