Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
My sentiments exactly...

http://chowderandchampions.com/2017...r-team-getting-closer-to-trade-with-colorado/

Moving Carlo (who makes less than $800,000 for this season and the two after that) and more for Landeskog (on the hook for just under $6 million per season through 2021), would be a move that shows that the Bruins didn’t really learn enough from a little-by-little fall out of what should have been perennial Cup contention had the Bruins not been handcuffed into overpayments for aging roleplayers and terrible cash-clearing trades (Johnny Boychuk to the Islanders) because of a non-existent farm system.

It’s not that Carlo is untradeable for the Bruins, but he’s untradeable if the deal is one that puts you closer to the hole you’ve spent the last two seasons trying to claw your way out of, and one that landed Sweeney into this job in the first place.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Carlo, Spooner, Beleskey, DeBrusk, Boston 1st

for

Landeskog and Eric Johnson

That's my offer. Basically works out to GL for Carlo and Debrusk, EJ for Spooner, Beleskey and a 1st.

**** that ****, no way I would trade any of Carlo, DeBrusk or the first round pick. Also don't want any part of Johnson he is a train wreck and way too much $$$, Landeskog is no sure thing either. If we can't make a deal around Zboril, Grelcyk, Heinen those type of guys and maybe some roster guys like Spooner, Czarnik than forget and look elsewhere or ride out the season, if we fail to make the playoffs again Julien and hopefully Sacco get shown the door and we allow our young talent to come in and grow together. It amazes me how people undervalue our own players and over value other teams players.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Sign me up!

Depends on EJ's contract status, though.

Ewww. Johnson is overrated and overpaid. There is a reason Colorado's D has sucked for a long time in its own end. Brando Carlo is a better player right now than EJ. EJ and Jack Johnson were both vastly overrated. I wouldn't give more than a single second round pick for Erik Johnson and his contract. I would rather just get Johnny Boychuk back from the Isles if they decide to tank.

We will take Erik Johnson for Jimmy Hayes and Beleskey if Colorado throws in AJ Greer.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
This is the year they have to get rid of dead weight, not trade away assets for rentals.

The guys on TEAM1040 just said you can do a 3 year rebuilt like the Oilers/Leafs did, but then again they were lucky and received top end elite talent.

If it were me I would try to get rid of the usual suspects then inject the top prospects of the organization next year into the lineup and let it roll from there.

This trading away 2nd rounders for marginal talent hasn't worked 2 years in a row and isn't going to work this year either, go with the youth plan and stick with it or die trying is my philosophy.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
This is the year they have to get rid of dead weight, not trade away assets for rentals.

The guys on TEAM1040 just said you can do a 3 year rebuilt like the Oilers/Leafs did, but then again they were lucky and received top end elite talent.

If it were me I would try to get rid of the usual suspects then inject the top prospects of the organization next year into the lineup and let it roll from there.

This trading away 2nd rounders for marginal talent hasn't worked 2 years in a row and isn't going to work this year either, go with the youth plan and stick with it or die trying is my philosophy.

Agreed 100%, trade off K Miller, Hayes if anyone will take him and Beleskey, keep the young guys in tact, unless we can get a deal trading prospects like Donato, Heinen, Grizz and Zboril.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/16/avalanche-captain-gabe-landeskog-center-roster-rebuild/

Interesting article in the Denver Post Monday and yesterday, where it stated that losing so much has affected their dressing room so much, as to where Landeskog couldn't stop Nathan MacKinnon from chastising a fellow teammate. MacKinnon was subsequently benched a couple shifts etc..

Speaks to McKinnon's not accepting less than full effort from all his teammates. That's what he has always expected and worked extremely hard on being able to deliver himself. His motor constantly revs on high at work. He has a burning desire to win and always pushing to be the best he can be. He doesn't hang with Crosby merely because of the home town connections. He wants Sid to push him to get to the next level. No shortcuts allowed in his mind.

Isn't that approach of holding yourself and teammates accountable exactly what you want in any player let alone in a budding superstar like McKinnon? Maybe the coach and his teammate need to follow that example not turn it/him into a spectacle. Allowing the environment associated with losing to take root is in no way in McKinnon's, Sakic's or the Av's best interest. Letting it fester will bring about lots of pain for that organization. When you reach that point, players simply want out.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Speaks to McKinnon's not accepting less than full effort from all his teammates. That's what he has always expected and worked extremely hard on being able to deliver himself. His motor constantly revs on high at work. He has a burning desire to win and always pushing to be the best he can be. He doesn't hang with Crosby merely because of the home town connections. He wants Sid to push him to get to the next level. No shortcuts allowed in his mind.

Isn't that approach of holding yourself and teammates accountable exactly what you want in any player let alone in a budding superstar like McKinnon? Maybe the coach and his teammate need to follow that example not turn it/him into a spectacle. Allowing the environment associated with losing to take root is in no way in McKinnon's, Sakic's or the Av's best interest. Letting it fester will bring about lots of pain for that organization. When you reach that point, players simply want out.

If I were McKinnon, I would ask for a trade from that gong show, he deserves better than what they have surrounded him with.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
e

Wow that's a bold statement, Pasta is good but he is not at McKinnon's level, at least not yet.

Yeah... No. McKinnon as of today > Pastrnak.

McKinnons skating ability and shot alone are on another level in comparison.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
e

Wow that's a bold statement, Pasta is good but he is not at McKinnon's level, at least not yet.

Once again, this place overrates what other team's have, mostly due to their draft pedigree.

You do realize Pastrnak has more points this season than MacKinnon? On a more defensive minded team. And saw minimal PP time until recently.

Since his rookie season, MacKinnon has been solid but far from spectacular.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah... No. McKinnon as of today > Pastrnak.

McKinnons skating ability and shot alone are on another level in comparison.

Skating at full speed maybe.

I'd argue Pastrnak's hockey sense and awareness are better than MacKinnon's.

They are if nothing else on par with each other.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Eh..not so sure about that.

Pasta is a great player...but MacKinnon has the potential to be elite. He's more explosive then Pasta too IMO.

I like Carlo, but let's not get ahead ourselves either.

And Pastrnak doesn't? Wasn't he neck-and-neck with Crosby in the goal-scoring race before his elbow surgery?

And why has MacKinnon's progress and production pretty much stagnated since his rookie season?

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Once again, this place overrates what other team's have, mostly due to their draft pedigree.

You do realize Pastrnak has more points this season than MacKinnon? On a more defensive minded team. And saw minimal PP time until recently.

Since his rookie season, MacKinnon has been solid but far from spectacular.

You also forget that McKinnon does not play a regular shift with Bergy and Marchand, game in game out, far superior linemates to what McKinnon has to work with. I would bet a years salary that if Sakic offered McKinnon straight up for Pasta, it would happen in a heart beat. McKinnon is highly skilled, tough and all the intangibles to continue being a star in this league. Not saying Pasta doesn't but have them switch places for five games and you would quickly see how good McKinnon really is.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
And Pastrnak doesn't? Wasn't he neck-and-neck with Crosby in the goal-scoring race before his elbow surgery?

And why has MacKinnon's progress and production pretty much stagnated since his rookie season?

Again...small sample size from Pasta.

He has the potential to be a great goal scorer...which our team desperately lacks. But I personally feel like MacKinnon is a more complete player that has a higher ceiling.

Pasta still has a lot to learn IMO.

MacKinnon has put up 63, 38, 52 and 30 points this year. His PPG is almost on par to his rookie year based on games played.

Overall, the Avs are a much worse team offensively as well.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You also forget that McKinnon does not play a regular shift with Bergy and Marchand, game in game out, far superior linemates to what McKinnon has to work with. I would bet a years salary that if Sakic offered McKinnon straight up for Pasta, it would happen in a heart beat. McKinnon is highly skilled, tough and all the intangibles to continue being a star in this league. Not saying Pasta doesn't but have them switch places for five games and you would quickly see how good McKinnon really is.

MacKinnon is good, I'm not questioning that at all.

You'd probably lose that years salary however.

Toss out one fantastic rookie season (where he played wing mostly not center), and the production is fairly similar.

All those things you just said about MacKinnon (highly skilled, tough and all the intangibles to continue being a star in this league), you don't think those apply to Pastrnak?

Anyways I've said my piece and this might derail the overrating of pieces actually on the trade block like Duchene and Landeskog.

Please continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad