Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheg1349

Mar 8, 2006
Cape Cod, MA
Ask yourself and think about it.

Haha I did, granted it was before my coffee.

It's not a mutual off day for both teams (don't seem to have one for a while).

They could potentially be in 9th place come Friday morning.

Providence plays at home that night, so any potential call ups to fill in for missing players wouldn't be too hard.

That's as much thought as I can out in at work right now hah.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
No real issue with anything your saying. I love Mcavoy and Carlo but honestly don't love Pastrnak. What I was really commenting on was the Bruins fans constant habit of over rating their players. Since these Av's rumors started all you see is "Krejci for Landeskog" or "Spooner and a 1st for Duchene" Basically trades that are so ones sided in favor of the Bruins it's not even funny.

I personally believe a trade is necessary. If you want a big splash true game changer than your pieces are Carlo, Mcavoy and Pastrnak. That's what teams are look for in return.

There is definitely value in guys like Zboril, Debrusk and our 1st but your not getting the difference maker in return.

Every time the Bs have played on national TV, the broadcast teams have been all over Pastrnak on how amazing he is, and how is a future superstar.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Haha I did, granted it was before my coffee. It's not a mutual off day for both teams (don't seem to have one for a while).

They could potentially be in 9th place come Friday morning.

Providence plays at home that night, so any potential call ups to fill in for missing players wouldn't be too hard.

That's as much thought as I can out in at work right now hah.

Here's the answer...
Trump's inauguration. EVERYTHING is going to be about it. A hockey trade won't even make a bleep in the media, even a possible big/controversial one.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I think we need to lose one or more of our bigger contracts but, ya, who is going to trade for Belesky, Backes, etc. unless we become sellers and snag a buyer at the deadline (unlikely).
In the case of Backes, his NMC would preclude a trade without his permission. He chose to come to Boston over other offers, so, barring a highly unlikely trade back to Saint Louis, I see no motivation whatsoever for him to waive.

Further, wouldn't that send a chilling effect to future potential FA acquisitions?

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
I think an undiscussed (if that's a real word) factor in the Carlo/Landeskog trade is Carlo's Colorado connection. Sakic would like a hometown boy to increase ticket sales. I like Carlo and think he has a big future in the NHL. I'd talk to him and see if his interest is playing in Boston and factor that into my decision. I would be willing to trade him, or anybody, for the right return. Some of the proposals I've seen here I'd do, others, no way. Colorado has a couple of young D-men I like, Siemens and Bigras, that I'd try to add one to any deal sending Carlo the other way.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I think guys like bergeron, chara, krecji have earnt some leadership pedigree after their playoff success that guys in colorado dont have

Colorado tried to shortcut the process with sakic/Roy but clearly that had mixed results. Iginla was brought in to hopefully be the shining light but that quagmire sucked him under

One problem giving the c to a kid... when things go bad the captain is suppose to be Mr go-to

In boston, landeskog won't get a letter. Instead he will be told relax and watch what bergeron, marchand, krecji do to be pros

Can I guarantee a success? I'm sure you can name a dozen comparables where a change of scenery didn't help alot... I know I can...

So I can't guarantee sucess. I don't give up a superstar return for this guy. I don't trade expecting more than a 60 point 2 way winger...

But, I say there is a chance we get more than that... a chance he does welcome a culture change... a chance he does suddenly full fill that 2nd overall draft pedigree with the fresh lease on life

It's like how seguin fits better on dallas... or wheeler got a chance to be the man in winnipeg... or Kessel and Schultz look better in pittsburg... sometimes a player fits a second team better than he fit his original team

There will forever be a place in my heart for what they accomplished in '11 and even '13 (especially Bergy), but over the last 4 years, they have lost all semblance of leadership to me.

I understand the concept of staying even-keeled and not getting too high, or too low, but the fact is, they rarely appear high enough, and are often too low.

Look at the last 2 games of the Montreal series, and then the stretch runs of '15 & '16 and now this year. When games matter the most, this team brings very little intensity.

Intensity matters as much, if not more, in hockey than it does in most team sports.

I've brought this up before and been told that the team lacks talent, and that no amount of intensity would lead to better results. While this may be true, it's also not my point.

If the team brings it, and comes up short, we're all proud of the players, and blame management for the lack of talent. When a team lacks intensity, especially in must-win games, leadership is lacking.

Leadership comes from coaching, as well as the guys who are supposedly your team leaders.

So your point about Landeskog fitting better somewhere without having to take a leadership role is valid, but without leaders, count me as skeptical. I feel the same way about a coaching change. You may get the initial boost that often follows a coaching change, but eventually it comes back to the guys in skates.

Bottom line, since this is the trade thread, I think that in addition to a GL, the Bruins still lack a top pairing D, as well as a Mark Recchi and (get ready) a Chris Kelly type.

They seem to understand this upstairs, judging by their recent drafting, but I fear we're a long ways away from a solution.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
They look like **** tonight and I believe anything is truly possible.

Beware any move made with the goal of getting into the playoffs this year. Before you know it Brad Stuart is anchoring your defense.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
My personal feelings are that if the Bs have finally accepted that Carlo is available in a/the deal, then it means they are going for a bigger deal.

The originally wanted Lando without having to give up Carlo (or better). Now that it seems impossible to do so, they may be building for a larger deal revolving around Carlo, other pieces, and getting more out of CO (Duchene?)... maybe even a 3 way deal (unlikely).

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

Beware any move made with the goal of getting into the playoffs this year. Before you know it Brad Stuart is anchoring your defense.

That's what they did last year. Wasted 4 picks on two washed up vets (Liles and Stempniak) and decided not to cash in and kept Loui. Then they extended K.Miller for 4 more years. :help:

Not a very good stretch for Sweeney...

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary

I am very wary of a loss tonight as well. With Capuano getting sacked on the island, the door is open for a follow up.

As Ranold26 pointed out the inauguration.. If there was a time for Claude to get sacked, they would probably do it when they can bury the story.

Then again, maybe they make the supposed trade and extend claudes shelf life to see what he can do.

Cant wait for the next Trotman on the blueline.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
My personal feelings are that if the Bs have finally accepted that Carlo is available in a/the deal, then it means they are going for a bigger deal.

The originally wanted Lando without having to give up Carlo (or better). Now that it seems impossible to do so, they may be building for a larger deal revolving around Carlo, other pieces, and getting more out of CO (Duchene?)... maybe even a 3 way deal (unlikely).

That's my thinking as well, or at least my preference. Either Lando+Barrie or Johnson for a bigger package including salary going back. Or they've shifted sights to Duchene again for a bigger package?

I'd be ok moving Carlo if that's the case ... if it's just Lando/Carlo centered doesn't make much sense to me.

robinsonp16

Jan 12, 2017
What is the obsession with Duchene? Much rather have a 24 year old power forward in Landy than Duchene. Landy would be an immediate impact 50 point per season guy who would anchor your second line. Could even see some increase pairing him with Krecji.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Would you trade this year 1st (not protected) straight up for Landeskog?

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
Landeskog-Krejci-Vatrano
Beleskey-Spooner-Backes
Blidh-Moore-Czarnik

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
That's what they did last year. Wasted 4 picks on two washed up vets (Liles and Stempniak) and decided not to cash in and kept Loui. Then they extended K.Miller for 4 more years. :help:

Not a very good stretch for Sweeney...

Or Neely, or Sinden, or the Jacobs.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
What is the obsession with Duchene? Much rather have a 24 year old power forward in Landy than Duchene. Landy would be an immediate impact 50 point per season guy who would anchor your second line. Could even see some increase pairing him with Krecji.

This team needs offensive skill, not another two-way 20-25 goal scorer (if we can only have one).

I love toughness, hitting, fighting... but enough of the half-assing of the big, bad, Bruins model. Landeskog isn't tough either.

He fights the likes of Hamilton, Ladd, Voracek.

robinsonp16

Jan 12, 2017
To CO:

Chara
Krecji
Hayes

To Boston:

Landoskog
Duchene
Barrie

This is what I mean when I say stupid trades. So basically we unload all our crap contracts and pick up there top players? Ya sounds great! If we get Landeskog kiss Carlo goodbye. That's the only way it happens. Plet

Color ado sends

Landeskog
Barrie

Bos Sends

Carlo
2017 1st
Spooner

There is your trade

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
You have to think - if Big Sween and the Avs are talking again, it's because they have reconsidered including Carlo in the trade package. Otherwise, why would they come back to the table? Avs have been clear on who they have wanted all along.

So...if it is in fact Carlo for Landy in some form or fashion - is there any way to make that deal less painful for the Bruins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad