Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Aaaah, a shiny empty thread to ***** on! :popcorn: I'm going to open with this question; How do we know which scouts are at the B's and Providence B's games and which games are the Bruins "pro" scouts attending from game to game? We need a fan based way to report who is where and watching which players on a given night. I think that it would create more conversation based on facts and not all this "he said, she said" stuff.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Scouts go to games all the time... There's only a few trades made. As fans we must accept there is no sure way to foresee when a trade might be made or who it's made with.

I mean history shows us some gms say they are moving a guy... And he doesn't get moved

Some players demand a trade... But don't get traded.

There simply is no way to guarantee trade rumors

On top of that the league forbids any team official from discussing players under contract to another team. So even if a decision maker wanted to leak info, they are forbidden.

I'm not even going to mention the many times gms speak after the fact about how deals go wrong in transaction and fall apart when one side misunderstand s.

If we are entertained by rumors... Be entertained... But anyone wanting to be smart better settle for an overwhelming 95% fail rate. Nobody gets rumors correct more than that... Not even the guys at tsn and sports net being paid to do this professionally

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Aaaah, a shiny empty thread to ***** on! :popcorn: I'm going to open with this question; How do we know which scouts are at the B's and Providence B's games and which games are the Bruins "pro" scouts attending from game to game? We need a fan based way to report who is where and watching which players on a given night. I think that it would create more conversation based on facts and not all this "he said, she said" stuff.

I asked Dom about this in the last thread.

Basically theirs no way of knowing unless you're in the media or "in the know". I personally think that info should be made public but Im sure theres a reasonable answer as to why it is not.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I asked Dom about this in the last thread.

Basically theirs no way of knowing unless you're in the media or "in the know". I personally think that info should be made public but Im sure theres a reasonable answer as to why it is not.

why should the info be made public? And in all fairness, I`ve often read in an article an offering from a journalist that states "with scouts from the ____________ in attendance" kind of thing

Can`t speak for NHL barns but at Mooseheads games, there is one particular box/suite that is well known to be reserved for scouts and the odd NHL exec

A few years ago, sat right next to a scout from the Panthers who brought 2 scouts to the game, one to watch from upstairs, one near ice level which was neat. He offered little in the way of opinions on players but he was constantly writing in his "little black book":)

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
why should the info be made public? And in all fairness, I`ve often read in an article an offering from a journalist that states "with scouts from the ____________ in attendance" kind of thing

Can`t speak for NHL barns but at Mooseheads games, there is one particular box/suite that is well known to be reserved for scouts and the odd NHL exec

A few years ago, sat right next to a scout from the Panthers who brought 2 scouts to the game, one to watch from upstairs, one near ice level which was neat. He offered little in the way of opinions on players but he was constantly writing in his "little black book":)

I think he is implying that is what I basically said. Media types get to see who is on the list to attend games. A lot of them tweet it out. That's how your going to know. The NHL or its teams don't provide the list publicly.

But he's right, it'd be cool to know especially with the discussion going on.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Well, we're running out of time until the trade deadline. Nashville has been underperforming - do any of you think they'd be willing to part with Ekholm?

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I'd like to see this, too. Even though Albert O'Reilly makes a valid point that scouts attendance does not necessarily result in a trade, it would generate interest and make for a cool exchange of ideas.

GDTs should list the teams' scouts just below "Milestones: Jimmy Hayes needs two points to reach 100".

Prohockeyrumors.com frequently mentions teams sending scouts to NHL games.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'd like to see this, too. Even though Albert O'Reilly makes a valid point that scouts attendance does not necessarily result in a trade, it would generate interest and make for a cool exchange of ideas.

GDTs should list the teams' scouts just below "Milestones: Jimmy Hayes needs two points to reach 100".

Prohockeyrumors.com frequently mentions teams sending scouts to NHL games.

That would be neat addition to the GDT, and I'll apologize in advance for going slightly OT with this: the bolded bit should read "Milestones: Jimmy Hayes needs two more seasons to reach 100 points" :laugh:

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
I personally prefer to hear only from truly insightful people about who is attending a given game on a given night. There is so much noise about scouts doing their jobs and attending games. I need the helpful filter of people much cleverer than I am to really glean any meaning from the day-to-day movements of scouts. I hear people going nuts everytime a random person tweets about a random Leafs scout being at a random AHL game. I only have so much energy in the going nuts department, so I'll reserve it for when people who have earned my trust choose to stir the pot.

Fair Warning

Nov 15, 2006
Grafton, MA
The more time that goes on, the more I think the Bruins are going to stand pat and pin their hopes on their prospect cupboard next year. This year is looking like (another) wash.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
What the Bruins need is another 'true' RW that can play a consistent two way game and generate 40 - 50 points. It would really help to balance out the lineup.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
The more time that goes on, the more I think the Bruins are going to stand pat and pin their hopes on their prospect cupboard next year. This year is looking like (another) wash.

I hope you're right. Patience for now could pay dividends for this team looking forward. My concern, though, is that, in light of JJ's preseason statements that he expects the team to gain the playoffs, there may be pressure to buy band aids.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I have no interest at all in dealing Carlo, McAvoy, Gabrielle, JFK, Senyshen or DeBrusk or an unprotected first round pick, to me these are the prospects/assets you keep and build the future around. If Colorado won't accept some package built around say Zboril, Grezlcyk, Heinen, Cehlarik, Donato etc. then forget it, look elsewhere maybe JVR would be better anyway and cheaper to acquire, Beleskey + Zboril + Grezlcyk if that could get it done I take JVR and forget Landeskog.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
If Boston acquired Barrie, Julien will lose even more hair hahah

I don't see a huge blockbuster happening; it's just to rare in a salary cap world to see multiple pieces moving....I know Colorado is trying to maximize a return, but I don't see many GMs willing to take on one of Duch / Lang with Barrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad