Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
in their last 20 games...

james neal has 1 even strength goal... no assists... is a minus 18
milan lucic has 1 even strength goal... 1 assist... and is a minus 3

im not sure this says lucic has suddenly become a great player but its a huge eye opener
to everyone that said Edmonton won that trade just because neal had a hot streak on the pp

I dare say its looking rather conclusive that Calgary will end up winning that trade... who would have thought it?

Edmonton still won the trade no matter what because Neal's contract isn't buyout proof like Lucic's is. They're both players on the decline, Edmonton will just be able to get out of Neal's a lot easier.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Good list.

Heinen - If we are under the assumption that the Bruins are looking to move a contract out to either add a player via trade or roster transaction, I'm not too sure Heinen fits the bill. However, I can see him being traded for an upgrade at forward at some point.

The thing with Heinen is, and I'll say first I don't know enough about the Bruins cap situation to know if they can fit everyone without moving out a contract, is what if they Bruins strike out trying to move one of Backes/Moore/Miller and they need cap space to accommodate a 23-man roster. What do they do then? For me it then falls on Heinen, simply due to his salary. Now they won't give him away, but they could get backed into a corner depending on where they are with the salary cap.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Coyle and DeBrusk have looked really good together.... I would like to see more of DeBrusk - Krejci - Coyle to find out if that can be a legit 2nd line for us without diminishing returns from Coyle on the wing.

That would really open the door on the trade front, allowing us to look at more 3c's and not just top6 wings.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Tuch for Debrusk :naughty:
Boy that's a tough one. I think I would be inclined to pass -- mainly because I think they are such similar players that the add wouldn't be huge and I think you get rid of young kids like JDB very very carefully. He's a big game performer and about the most enthusiastic kid you're going to find.

1) They are almost the exact same player. Tuch is significantly bigger and more physical but Debrusk is quicker.
2) Tuch is 23 and has a new 7 year contract at $4.75M. Debrusk is RFA this year and I expect will get a contract similar to Tuch's.
3) Tuch RS Stats: 174 GP - 40G - 59 A 99 Pts. Debrusk RS Stats: 164 GP - 50G - 49A - 99 Pts.
4) Tuch PO Stats: 27 GP - 7G - 5A 12 Pts. Debrusk PO Stats: 36 GP - 10G - 9A - 19 Pts.

PlayerRS G/GPRS A/GPRS Pts/GP
Debrusk.305.299.604
Tuch.230.339.569
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PlayerPO G/GPPO A/GPPO Pts/GP
Debrusk.278.250.528
Tuch.259.185.444
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Debrusk has edge on offense but the very similar. Of course Tuch has 4 inches and 40 pounds on JDB. Not surprisingly that translates into a more physical game. Tuch has 212 hits over 174 games while JDB 127 hits over 164 Games.

It's why I suck at these things. I want Tuch AND Debrusk.

Reactions: bbfan419

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Yep for sure for a guy like Tuch , I would consider trading Vaak for instance if we had to.
I agree that it would make sense to trade from an area of strength to bolster the forwards. And in general I agree. However, my worry about Vaak is that he's not a required protection for the Seattle draft. I think if you add a guy like Tuch (who you'd obviously have to protect) you'd have to send back a guy that would otherwise be on that protect list (Gryz, Krug - depending on contract, etc).

BruinsNetwork

1. Reeves has stayed clear of Lucic his whole career, gimme a break. Last game I watched Calgary play Vegas, Looch challenged him and Reeves turned him down.
2. They both have 3 goals on the year, Lucic plays 2nd unit PP, Reaves doesn't go near the PP

Looch has regressed like crazy there's no denying but don't bash a former legend here especially based off non-factual comments.

Wow, since Lucic is a “former legend” around here he can’t be bashed? Sorry, but the guy is an extremely bad hockey player now, he just is. I’m not really sure how that one can be disputed. If Calgary is playing him 17:00 per night, then they have some questions to ask themselves as well.

The difference between Reaves and Lucic is that the former is a solid fourth-liner with good mobility to get around. The latter has gotten dragged around by his line mates for over a year now.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Wow, since Lucic is a “former legend” around here he can’t be bashed? Sorry, but the guy is an extremely bad hockey player now, he just is. I’m not really sure how that one can be disputed. If Calgary is playing him 17:00 per night, then they have some questions to ask themselves as well.

The difference between Reaves and Lucic is that the former is a solid fourth-liner with good mobility to get around. The latter has gotten dragged around by his line mates for over a year now.

It's not bashing if it's true.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Boy that's a tough one. I think I would be inclined to pass -- mainly because I think they are such similar players that the add wouldn't be huge and I think you get rid of young kids like JDB very very carefully. He's a big game performer and about the most enthusiastic kid you're going to find.

1) They are almost the exact same player. Tuch is significantly bigger and more physical but Debrusk is quicker.
2) Tuch is 23 and has a new 7 year contract at $4.75M. Debrusk is RFA this year and I expect will get a contract similar to Tuch's.
3) Tuch RS Stats: 174 GP - 40G - 59 A 99 Pts. Debrusk RS Stats: 164 GP - 50G - 49A - 99 Pts.
4) Tuch PO Stats: 27 GP - 7G - 5A 12 Pts. Debrusk PO Stats: 36 GP - 10G - 9A - 19 Pts.

Debrusk.305.299.604
Tuch.230.339.569
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Debrusk.278.250.528
Tuch.259.185.444
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Debrusk has edge on offense but the very similar. Of course Tuch has 4 inches and 40 pounds on JDB. Not surprisingly that translates into a more physical game. Tuch has 212 hits over 174 games while JDB 127 hits over 164 Games.

These players are very close in skill set, so I ask one question, throw the puck in the corner and let them battle for the puck. Who do you think would win the battle the majority of the times?
My money is on Tuch, so I would make this trade.

Reactions: Number8

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Debrusk.305.299.604
Tuch.230.339.569
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Debrusk.278.250.528
Tuch.259.185.444
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

That's a good breakdown of the two players; thanks for doing that.

I think I would make the trade for a few reasons: (a) as you say, they are very similar players, but Tuch addresses an organizational need, while Debrusk is part of an organizational strength (left-shot wingers); (b) Debrusk is inconsistent and not a proven "big game performer" (although he could be one, and become consistent down the road); and (c) I think that Bjork is as talented as Debrusk, if not more so, so the LW group in Boston would still be good for the Bruins (Marchand, Bjork and Heinen, with Lauko, and possibly Frederic, in the AHL).

There is so much discussion here about Boston acquiring that elusive right-shot RW, but I think that Debrusk may be the player, not one of the defensemen, who is the chip to play. He can be used to help to land the likes of Tuch, Kase/Rakell or Reinhart.

Reactions: Number8

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree with your assessment of the comp between Lucic and Reaves. Reaves has never been a good skater and the difference in skating ability between the two today is marginal at best.

The only real difference between the two of them is that one of them has been a pretty bottom tier hockey player his whole career while the other only became that pretty recently.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
This team needs another legit goal scorer... the Bruins depend too much on the top line and they can’t bring it every night, you need a second line to start producing regularly to help take pressure off the top line, and guys like Hienen and Bjork just aren’t the answer.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
This team needs another legit goal scorer... the Bruins depend too much on the top line and they can’t bring it every night, you need a second line to start producing regularly to help take pressure off the top line, and guys like Hienen and Bjork just aren’t the answer.

Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset, Repeat ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lo97

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
These players are very close in skill set, so I ask one question, throw the puck in the corner and let them battle for the puck. Who do you think would win the battle the majority of the times?
My money is on Tuch, so I would make this trade.

Why does this matter at all?

How many times are Debrusk and Tuch going to go into a corner and fight for the puck? Maybe another 10 times in their career if they stay on the same teams. Very bad way to evaluate a player.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
OT, but I wonder how Lucic would look after an offseason with Backes' skating coach. Backes improved, and I wonder if Lucic would too.

Buck Smith

May 23, 2016
Pipe dreams included, your list is really close in my book - I have Kreider as number four but would like to add Rakell (just above Kreider).

1. Tuch (Grizz + Heinen will not be enough I believe - Lauzon and Studnicka + 3:rd maybe) I say pay up!
2. E. Lindholm (they´d be complete fools to sell, but if so... same deal as above) I say pay up!
3. Rakell (a sensible mix of size, work ethic and skill)
4. Palmieri / Kreider
5. Pageau
6. Anderson
7. Kase
8. Toffoli
9. Coleman (? for me)

The way I see it, Vaaks is the most important youth talent for us (as a future replacement for Chara, and though loosing Studnicka would be a noticeable blow to our future core, geting Lindholm would remove that pain - especially since Beecher seems to have quite some potential after some molding (could very well be one of the smartest draft picks in a long time and man our 2:nd C for years to come).

Lindholm would be a great addition long term, with the option of moving Coyle to 2:nd RW, but Tuch´s size is a more dire need for our cup run.

What about Calle Järnkrok as a 3:rd C (Coyle 2:nd RW), if Nashville want´s to shake things up and refill talent - his contract is sweet, so I guess it would cost, but I see him as an under estimated player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad