Jul 7, 2014
QUÉBEC CITY
my opinion the bruins is a good teams maybe a trade shake the teams now

my line up : Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Debrusk Kreci Andersson
Wood Coyle Studnicka
Bjork Nordstrom Kuraly Wagner

trade Miles wood for Danton Heinen
Trade Josh Andersson For Brett Richie and, take Contrat ( David Backes) and Urho Vaakalainen ) for replace zach werenski now because werenski IR

Wood and Andersson play hard an drop the glove it s not normal the big z drop to Wilson if boston vs Capitals in play off with Heinen soft player and kulman or ?????? lost the serie

Reactions: DarrenBanks56

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Debrusk Kreci Andersson
Wood Coyle Studnicka

Trade Josh Andersson For Brett Richie and, take Contrat ( David Backes) and Urho Vaakalainen ) for replace zach werenski now because werenski IR

Wood and Andersson play hard an drop the glove it s not normal the big z drop to Wilson if boston vs Capitals in play off with Heinen soft player and kulman or ?????? lost the serie

yes

Reactions: Pia8988

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
Red Wings fan but I love the Bruins. I don't know much about the Bruins prospects, but would you do

AA+4th for Backes+1st+2nd+Studnicka

It looks tilted in favor of the Wings but the Bruins would appreciate some help for Coyle on the third line. Also a Red Wings 4th round pick is basically a late third round pick. Similarly the Bruins 1st and 2nd round picks are early 2nd and early 3rd round picks.
The Wings take salary off your cap.
Just a Red Wings fans perspective.

What would need to be changed?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Red Wings fan but I love the Bruins. I don't know much about the Bruins prospects, but would you do

It looks tilted in favor of the Wings but the Bruins would appreciate some help for Coyle on the third line. Also a Red Wings 4th round pick is basically a late third round pick. Similarly the Bruins 1st and 2nd round picks are early 2nd and early 3rd round picks.

Would not be happy if they trade a 1st, 2nd, and Studnicka to get AA and dump Backes. AA is a negative 5 on 5

A guy who is a -24 5 on 5 in 29 games. Overall opponents are scoring over a goal a game against him 5 on 5. Pacing for 40 points. Gross.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

No way that is big time overpayment just to get rid of Backes, they can send him down to the AHL if need be for this year and then buy him out next year. Not trading Studnicka period and the first round pick is off the table unless part of a deal for a bona fide star player.

Reactions: Strafer and BAD BOY

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
There are a few prospects I would deal to dump a salary. Studnicka and Vaak are not in that class. You only deal them if a legit top 6 forward with term is coming back the other way. And even then I’d still be hesitant to trade those 2.
Add Beecher and maybe Lauko to that as well. I would however trade any of Zboril, Senyshen, Shen, Fitzgerald, Steen, Lauzon, Frederic and others.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
This team needs a shake up. Even prior to the losing streak, they were getting lucky with some wins.
I feel like Bill Murray in Ground Hog day everyday I wake up and post on here. Sweeney, trade for a f***ing top 6 RW already. Christ almighty!
Not only does our 2nd line not produce, our 3rd line is littered with Bjork and Heinen, two guys who also can't score.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Likely doesn't solve the cap space issue (if there is one). Backes in Providence takes just $1 million off the salary cap. The remaining $5 million is still applied.
Yes I know, but if it saves a million that is still something and I think someone like Backes who has a lot of pride may not feel too good about playing in the AHL and he may just retire by next year, if not they can buy him out if the Bruins need the space to sign players.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Pasta-Bergy-Marshy-53 goals
Rest of the team- 56 goals
Not sure why the front office doesn't see how this is a problem?
Backes, Lindholm, Ritchie, Wagner, Kuraly, Nordstrom, Bjork, Heinen, Kulhman- 9 effing bottom 6 forwards on this team, 7 of those I feel are 4th liners. I'm giving Coyle a pass because he's been playing with a rotation of players and been switched from the wing to center as well. I know how he can perform with a solid set of wingers (Mojo last playoffs).

Sweeney, has done a fantastic job at two things, re-signing players here at team friendly contracts. I'll give him credit, even if its not deserving and just a team culture thing here that guys buy into. The 2nd, cornering the marketing on bottom 6 guys (insert sarcasm). Use some assets and upgrade our top 9. At this point in time, we don't need one, but two wingers I feel.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Debrusk Kreci Andersson
Wood Coyle Studnicka

This was an excellent post. Great trades. Thank you.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
This continues to be a one line scoring team. Sweeney does need to figure out how to move Backes to open up space to bring in some reinforcements. Second line is the issue. Not even sure if Krejci is the center we need. I would agree that the Bruins have way too many bottom 6 players. Coyle (5 mill) centers the third line? Wagner, Kuraly, Nordstrom, is your fourth line. Donny needs to swing a few deals and sooner than later so the team can develop some chemistry.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yes I know, but if it saves a million that is still something and I think someone like Backes who has a lot of pride may not feel too good about playing in the AHL and he may just retire by next year, if not they can buy him out if the Bruins need the space to sign players.

I'm talking about getting under the roster limit and the cap here in December if/when everyone is healthy, not next summer or next year.

Reactions: Strafer

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Debrusk Kreci Andersson
Wood Coyle Studnicka

I like it

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan

Debrusk Kreci Andersson
Wood Coyle Studnicka

images

Reactions: JCRO

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Backes, Lindholm, Ritchie, Wagner, Kuraly, Nordstrom, Bjork, Heinen, Kulhman- 9 effing bottom 6 forwards on this team, 7 of those I feel are 4th liners. I'm giving Coyle a pass because he's been playing with a rotation of players and been switched from the wing to center as well. I know how he can perform with a solid set of wingers (Mojo last playoffs).

Sweeney, has done a fantastic job at two things, re-signing players here at team friendly contracts. I'll give him credit, even if its not deserving and just a team culture thing here that guys buy into. The 2nd, cornering the marketing on bottom 6 guys (insert sarcasm). Use some assets and upgrade our top 9. At this point in time, we don't need one, but two wingers I feel.

I know this has been brought up in the past but I don't think that it can be emphasized enough.

When Pasta, Coyle, Bergy, Marchand, etc. sign team friendly contracts, part of the implied expectation is that they are doing it to allow Sweeney more flexibility to surround them with a team good enough to compete for a cup.

Washington is good, TB should be good and will likely turn it around, a few teams in the west are good, but there is nobody that I don't think the B's can compete with in a 7 game series, provided they get that one more top 6 forward.

I really feel that this is probably the best chance they'll have for a cup in the next 2-5 years and given that; nobody should be untouchable.
Nobody.

Earlier in the year I didn't want them to move a 1st, but I've changed on that now. Same for Vaakanainen, Carlo or McAvoy (it would take a lot to move either though) and Studnicka.

They simply cannot rely on 2 guys to score 50% of their goals the rest of the way and expect to win a cup.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I'm talking about getting under the roster limit and the cap here in December if/when everyone is healthy, not next summer or next year.
Well depends how much cap space they need, if sending Backes down does not to it alone, they may have to try and trade Miller or Moore for a prospect or pick.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

How I feel too, we need a legit top 6 scorer and another top 9 guy that can chip in some goals as well.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
trade krejci.. we have all seen someone write this before, and even myself did the eye roll and moved on, but i'm joining that side now.. when was the last time he made "his," line better. not for awhile.. yet year after year its always get someone that gels with krejci. yet he's had a plethora of wingers on his right side and pretty much a constant on his left side.. figure it out! i realize the rw options have not been that good but how many other good centerman have made some schmo look like a legit top six.. i should have stats and done research for all the people that are going to roast me, but im not taking the time. im purely going off watching him listlessly skate five feet past the blue line and try some weak *** backhand through five people and then the whole team do a wind sprint to get back on d for the past couple of years. it would be a tough break up and his NMC would make it difficult but in my opinion its time.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
trade krejci.. we have all seen someone write this before, and even myself did the eye roll and moved on, but i'm joining that side now.. when was the last time he made "his," line better. not for awhile.. yet year after year its always get someone that gels with krejci. yet he's had a plethora of wingers on his right side and pretty much a constant on his left side.. figure it out! i realize the rw options have not been that good but how many other good centerman have made some schmo look like a legit top six.. i should have stats and done research for all the people that are going to roast me, but im not taking the time. im purely going off watching him listlessly skate five feet past the blue line and try some weak *** backhand through five people and then the whole team do a wind sprint to get back on d for the past couple of years. it would be a tough break up and his NMC would make it difficult but in my opinion its time.
Unfortunately when David Krejci passes to his wingers they have a stroke and have no idea what to do with the puck. Krejci hasn't been an issue, like, at all.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Problem is --- NTC (I believe) and it's much easier to get him a quality winger than it would be to move him, bring in another center to replace him and still get the other quality top 6 forward they need.

Reactions: Lo97

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Even if you could move Krejci's $7 mil salary in-season (you couldn't), and even if you could get back something approaching fair value for him (you couldn't), and even if you could get a useful, NHL player for him (you couldn't), and even if you could get him to waive his NTC (you couldn't) who moves up to fill his place? Coyle? Okay. Despite the circle jerk about Coyle, you're taking a talent hit there. So then who moves up to play 3C? Kuraly? Lindholm? Wagner? Puke. Puke. Puke. There's a net loss to the team by losing Krejci and playing guys above their true talent level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad