Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’m a Hall fan.

Bruins need is RW

As good as Hall is, he is not worth 2 DeBrusks. Assuming DeBrusk signs for 4.5m-5m, I take that over 9-10m Hall. And again I’m a big fan of Taylor Hall.

RW is the need. I’m not sure if Hall can play his off wing

Reactions: bbfan419

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
shiny new trade proposal thread... saw a poster at the tail end of the last one ask why make any trades

i think the answer is... if it can help you win, you make a trade. theres always only 1 winner. but usually theres at least 14 teams making trades. obviously most trades wont result in helping you win. but you still make them because you hope they help your chances

another poster said why not go after rackell? i havent heard hes available. i could say lets go after max domi or elias Lindholm or brock boeser… or i could throw out another 50 names... but honestly trades are hard to do. most guys dont get traded.

im not really in favor of a massive shakeup trade anyhow... personally speaking. i favor plugging a hole with an expiring contract ufa at the deadline. thats my prediction what will happen

i argued in support of hall today because HE IS SPECIAL... if hes on the market you MUST kick the tires.

i saw the rumors we were going after kevin stevens in his prime... Jeremy roenick… eric Lindros... mike modano… and those trades didnt materialize at the time... im really not sure how real the rumors were. john Tavares... ilya kovalchuk...

then i also heard people debate about jarome iginla… Nathan Horton... most recently there was a lot of talk about Charlie coyle even after he landed.

we all get a right to our opinions... but our opinions dont change how the team will or wont behave

sergei gonchar… adam oates… al iafrate… were any of those moves ever rumored? it was the days before hf so i cant be sure... but i never saw any rumors

was marcus Johansson rumored here last year? i know i didnt see it... didnt see any mention we wanted halak here... wagner showed up one day without a single rumor i recall...

its entertainment and fun to debate trade rumors here on hf... but whatever any of us say doesnt really matter... and most of us are wrong anyhow

i posted in Charlie coyles trade day thread... that it will be a quick matter of time before people here are begging for him to be resigned. i was right that post... but im wrong most the time.

its ok... its fun anyhow even when we are wrong

looking forward to a new trade thread

i will say my number 1 trade thought is still... mikko koivu

minny is in rebuild... price is right... krejci can be the missing rw we are looking for. koivu can still play winning brand of second line hockey

Reactions: sarge88

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
But if we got Taylor and put him with Studnicka and Jake we could name the line "Boys n'the Hall"

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
i will say something about hall even though i probably should drop it

early in his career... Edmonton had no centers. his coach asked him will you play center? the media asked him will you play center?

hall said put me anywhere you want... i will do whats best for the team

so for the first dozen or so games hall was playing center... im not saying it was the greatest success ever. he had no wingers. Hopkins had been drafted and was making the team so suddenly they had a center after all. everyone mutually agreed hall should go back to his lw position and join a line with Hopkins as the center

but to say hall couldnt play rw isnt exactly correct. theres never been a need for him to play rw, but i saw him do several interviews where he said he would play any position he was asked to play

obviously if we keep debrusk and get hall... then one or the other would have to play rw… but then again if we dont keep debrusk we would have a more natural spot for hall and the issue becomes moot

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
shiny new trade proposal thread... saw a poster at the tail end of the last one ask why make any trades

i think the answer is... if it can help you win, you make a trade. theres always only 1 winner. but usually theres at least 14 teams making trades. obviously most trades wont result in helping you win. but you still make them because you hope they help your chances

another poster said why not go after rackell? i havent heard hes available. i could say lets go after max domi or elias Lindholm or brock boeser… or i could throw out another 50 names... but honestly trades are hard to do. most guys dont get traded.

im not really in favor of a massive shakeup trade anyhow... personally speaking. i favor plugging a hole with an expiring contract ufa at the deadline. thats my prediction what will happen

i argued in support of hall today because HE IS SPECIAL... if hes on the market you MUST kick the tires.

i saw the rumors we were going after kevin stevens in his prime... Jeremy roenick… eric Lindros... mike modano… and those trades didnt materialize at the time... im really not sure how real the rumors were. john Tavares... ilya kovalchuk...

then i also heard people debate about jarome iginla… Nathan Horton... most recently there was a lot of talk about Charlie coyle even after he landed.

we all get a right to our opinions... but our opinions dont change how the team will or wont behave

sergei gonchar… adam oates… al iafrate… were any of those moves ever rumored? it was the days before hf so i cant be sure... but i never saw any rumors

was marcus Johansson rumored here last year? i know i didnt see it... didnt see any mention we wanted halak here... wagner showed up one day without a single rumor i recall...

its entertainment and fun to debate trade rumors here on hf... but whatever any of us say doesnt really matter... and most of us are wrong anyhow

i posted in Charlie coyles trade day thread... that it will be a quick matter of time before people here are begging for him to be resigned. i was right that post... but im wrong most the time.

its ok... its fun anyhow even when we are wrong

looking forward to a new trade thread

i will say my number 1 trade thought is still... mikko koivu

minny is in rebuild... price is right... krejci can be the missing rw we are looking for. koivu can still play winning brand of second line hockey

Yes mojo was discussed. Days before the trade. Reed was first on it. I guess you don't follow us on twitter?

Not everyone posts it on hf. Heck, I sure don't.

Heck, I've even given you info in our SIM league I won't even share on twitter here or anywhere else. There are people here that can confirm that.

People are going to ask why. A lot of it is based on confidentiality. And a lot of times you share something and people would rather discuss fantasy. So why bother?

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Because reality here on HFboards is neither entertaining nor productive. When threads turn realistic and serious is when threads usually end and go necro.

I first started posting Hall stuff in October because this thread was stagnant and I wanted to generate some conversation.

Wait, is this all my fault?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Because reality here on HFboards is neither entertaining nor productive. When threads turn realistic and serious is when threads usually end and go necro.

I first started posting Hall stuff in October because this thread was stagnant and I wanted to generate some conversation.

Wait, is this all my fault?
All I know is you're typing an awful lot of words today advocating a trade for a guy who you claim would be the most talented guy on our team despite having half as many points this season as not one, but two wingers on our team.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
if my opinion counts for anything... you blew me away with something you shared about st louis last year... you are clearly a man with true connections

that said i stand by my basic stance that teams arent allowed to tamper... and insiders spend tens of mins on trade deadline day looking foolish on their phones telling us...
we are still working on the details
details are still coming in
we are trying to finalize the details

in broad terms... I do believe that the big names get some mention. hell, the gms would be incompetent if they didnt inquire. I think a lot of inquirerys happen

it would never ever ever ever surprise me if one gm called another gm and asked if a player was available

but I pay lots of attention to insiders that say e5 this deal is near

very rarely does that ever work out

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
if my opinion counts for anything... you blew me away with something you shared about st louis last year... you are clearly a man with true connections,,, edit here... it was the rick nash thing that you opted to share with me... and it did happen... and you were definitely right there and i was definitely wrong

but another edit... we had our disagreement over carl soderberg and you told me quite strongly I was very wrong and that everything was going to work out for him to stay because your source had told you... I mean... you obviously were told... its not your fault your source was wrong. as I pointed out soderberg and his agent would have other options. I never once questioned you were right about having a source that said it wanted soderberg back. im just saying that unless the source is the gm himself, the source isnt official and sometimes even your most powerful sources dont get it right.

you sure as hell were bang on with nash though... so 1000 props... and in general dom... you are the king. I hope you know almost everyone here worships the ground you walk on. I sure as hell do myself.
------------------------ end of edit----------

that said i stand by my basic stance that teams arent allowed to tamper... and insiders spend tens of mins on trade deadline day looking foolish on their phones telling us...
we are still working on the details
details are still coming in
we are trying to finalize the details

in broad terms... I do believe that the big names get some mention. hell, the gms would be incompetent if they didnt inquire. I think a lot of inquirerys happen

it would never ever ever ever surprise me if one gm called another gm and asked if a player was available

but I pay lots of attention to insiders that say e5 this deal is near

very rarely does that ever work out

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Anyone else think that Coyle and Debrusk look real good together? Debrusk and Coyle on line 3 would be a nightmare for teams.
I mean this with no disrespect - just as a general observation. It would be interesting to see which set of posters is larger, those that want the goal scorers dropped down the lineup vs. those who want the non-scorers moved up the lineup.

Reactions: sarge88

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
All I know is you're typing an awful lot of words today advocating a trade for a guy who you claim would be the most talented guy on our team despite having half as many points this season as not one, but two wingers on our team.

I'm sorry. Can you quote where I am saying this, Because I don't remember typing it.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
I mean this with no disrespect - just as a general observation. It would be interesting to see which set of posters is larger, those that want the goal scorers dropped down the lineup vs. those who want the non-scorers moved up the lineup.

Pretty odd that as soon as I posted that, the lines were changed and Coyle is now with Marchy lol.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

its lazy to label lines 1 2 and 3 and think those numbers mean a damn thing

in a real game coaches manage the situation. matchup opportunities come into effect. hot guys get more ice time... not hot guys get icetime reduced... faceoffs might jumble a line... dzone starts... ozone starts... pp and pk...

when fans suggest combinations we think that combination might win some matchups. maybe the 3rd line gets more icetime? maybe the second gets less? who cares which is called the second line or the third line in the press?

usually its just a press thing... a way to make the conversation easier to follow and explain. a first line will generally get the most icetime because it generally has at least 1 of the best players and often 2 or 3

in old days there was usually a 'checking' line that would be called the 3rd line... that isnt very fashionable any more

you usually call whoever your center with the most ice time... your first line... and whoever your center with the second most icetime your second line... but a lot of times the 2 centers will play together

so... dont loose sleep over the number we attatch to guys with whoever they happen to be having chemistry with. the icetime will ultimately be the deciding factor along with the game situations the coach employs the guys

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Alberta fan. It was me who asked why make trades? Why can't we be happy with the players we have? This is a great team! Enjoy!:)

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Alberta fan. It was me who asked why make trades? Why can't we be happy with the players we have? This is a great team! Enjoy!:)

im not sure how old you are or how up on history you are... way back in 1980 the first big playoff trade was made that set the standard forever there after. the nyi were a young developing dynasty that had no playoff success yet. hof like billy smith, dennis potvin, mike bossey, and bryan trottier were all kids that had failed a time or two in playoffs...

then the trade happened... billy harris for butch goring... might have been some dman thrown in as well...

what happened next created this idea that contending teams will always need to try to find a missing ingredient. butch goring went on to be a core part of the next 4 cup championships in ny and the way they said it... he almost single handedly became their most important straw that stirred that drink.

he was never their best player

but he seems to have been something they needed

in later years... calgary would trade away brett hull to get rob ramage in an 8 player trade and win their ONLY stanely cup of their franchise history

dallas would trade away a young jarome iginla for an aging joe niewendyke

and most recently boston would trade away blake wheeler for rich peverly

on the surface it might appear teams lose these deals massively... but if a key trade brings in a missing ingredient for a stanley cup win then ITS WORTH IT

of course the devils advocate would point out trade that dont work... theres many many many more that dont work

but your question was why make a trade... its because history is full of stories like butch goring and rich peverly... and gms are paid to earn their keep... if they arent tinkering with a team then an owner is going to blame them more when the team loses

its a sin to get close and not do everything possible to put yourself over the top

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
im not sure how old you are or how up on history you are... way back in 1980 the first big playoff trade was made that set the standard forever there after. the nyi were a young developing dynasty that had no playoff success yet. hof like billy smith, dennis potvin, mike bossey, and bryan trottier were all kids that had failed a time or two in playoffs...

then the trade happened... billy harris for butch goring... might have been some dman thrown in as well...

what happened next created this idea that contending teams will always need to try to find a missing ingredient. butch goring went on to be a core part of the next 4 cup championships in ny and the way they said it... he almost single handedly became their most important straw that stirred that drink.

he was never their best player

but he seems to have been something they needed

in later years... calgary would trade away brett hull to get rob ramage in an 8 player trade and win their ONLY stanely cup of their franchise history

dallas would trade away a young jarome iginla for an aging joe niewendyke

and most recently boston would trade away blake wheeler for rich peverly

on the surface it might appear teams lose these deals massively... but if a key trade brings in a missing ingredient for a stanley cup win then ITS WORTH IT

of course the devils advocate would point out trade that dont work... theres many many many more that dont work

but your question was why make a trade... its because history is full of stories like butch goring and rich peverly... and gms are paid to earn their keep... if they arent tinkering with a team then an owner is going to blame them more when the team loses

its a sin to get close and not do everything possible to put yourself over the top

these are moves that worked. Sometimes a trade of this sort is absolutely warranted, well-founded, but doesn’t result in a championship, but that shouldn’t render the move a bad one in hindsight. There are other elements/variables that result in cups vs no cups. Including breaks/injuries/luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad