Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
However any posters write it, Heinen doesn't deserve top 6 minutes. Guy gets more mentions on here than the perfection line.
Let's realistically move on from the Heinen is/isn't a top 6 forward. He's a 3rd line two way winger who is great in that role.
But, we do need someone for Krejci and with all these guys getting healthy, I envision a move has to be coming!

Given the landscape of the league and how well this team is playing right now, it would be an absolute shame if they didn't upgrade the 2 RW spot (or 3C spot and put Coyle at 2RW) and ended up losing in the finals again because they didn't get the winger they've needed for 2-3 years now.

Reactions: bbfan419

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It doesn’t....but there are people who aren’t as realistic as you.

Who?

I think this is a straw man. Nobody has said he’s a bonafide top 6 talent. He’s just by far their best option. He’ll produce about .5 ppg and will usually be smart on the ice. He’s a guy that can play up and down a lineup as the 3rd piece on a line

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Who?

I think this is a straw man. Nobody has said he’s a bonafide top 6 talent. He’s just by far their best option. He’ll produce about .5 ppg and will usually be smart on the ice. He’s a guy that can play up and down a lineup as the 3rd piece on a line

I'm sure we couldn't even get everyone to agree on what a "top 6 talent" even is. If we did, I'm sure we'd be shocked at what we consider a top 6 talent.

Reactions: CDJ

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I think the Bruins really need that #2RW, but they may also need a top 6 C, if we are not sure about Bergeron's health going forward. If he has surgery , they need to let him recover and be 100% before he returns, this is where someone like Elias Lindholm would be a great fit , he can play both positions. Would love to add him and Palmieri, of course salary has to go out, so may mean trying to trade Backes, Miller and Moore.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
You misread the post. Krejci is the sacrifice to RE-SIGN Hall. At next years draft. Not to Jersey. I agree that makes no sense to Jersey, nor does Krug. They will want kids. Preferably young NHLers or near ready as they have some nice young lottery talent up front. They also need some young blue liners. Bruins have young blue liners and young supporting cast forwards up the ass. The Bruins CAN make a very good offer for Hall... but they won't have the offer with the best headline piece.
I don’t think hall is an upgrade to krecji. Doesn’t make sense to me. I think if they added hall they would have to include a salary dump. Which is why I said they would have to dump backes or maybe Moore and backes? Jersey could really improve their d trading with the bruins. I don’t know if it’s worth it. Lots of ppl say bruins are top heavy and don’t have secondary scoring but I find they have a lot of secondary scoring (krecji debrusk coyle plus the younger guys have offensive upside and they are chipping in). Losing depth on D and tossing in a salary dump is how this trade gets done. But personally I don’t know if I’d do it. I think this is one of the better bruins teams we have seen this decade.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Who?

I don't want to waste time poring through posts to give examples....I will grant you that I'm probably lumping in the large group that thinks like you and the smaller group who feels he is a legit top 6 guy.

What I will say is that if he's on this team's top two lines in the playoffs this year, Sweeney has failed.

This isn't about Heinen, per se. It's about Sweeney not filling a need and possibly costing them the chance to win a cup in the remaining legitimate window they have.

I feel the same way about Bjork (not ready to be a top 6 --- Kuhlman, Ritchie (not good enough to be a top 6), Backes (too old/slow to be a top 6) and anyone else not named DeBrusk, Pasta, Coyle and Marchand.

Reactions: CDJ

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Rumours floating around about #54 making a comeback on the Bruins.

My heart would love this.

My head says.....aside from the fact that he may not be as good as everyone above him on the depth-chart, how do they fit him salary-wise and why would they add to the blueline when they need a forward, IMO.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I don't want to waste time poring through posts to give examples....I will grant you that I'm probably lumping in the large group that thinks like you and the smaller group who feels he is a legit top 6 guy.

What I will say is that if he's on this team's top two lines in the playoffs this year, Sweeney has failed.

This isn't about Heinen, per se. It's about Sweeney not filling a need and possibly costing them the chance to win a cup in the remaining legitimate window they have.

I feel the same way about Bjork (not ready to be a top 6 --- Kuhlman, Ritchie (not good enough to be a top 6), Backes (too old/slow to be a top 6) and anyone else not named DeBrusk, Pasta, Coyle and Marchand.

How is DeBrusk a top 6 guy and Heinen isn't? Since 2017-2018, their P/GP averages out to around 8pts gap in production over 82 games. How about Coyle? over that same time frame, Heinen actually has a slightly better P/GP (.02 or less than 2 points) than Coyle.

Now I'm not saying that Heinen is a top 6 guy, but production wise he's on par with two guys who you say are top 6.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
How is DeBrusk a top 6 guy and Heinen isn't? Since 2017-2018, their P/GP averages out to around 8pts gap in production over 82 games. How about Coyle? over that same time frame, Heinen actually has a slightly better P/GP (.02 or less than 2 points) than Coyle.

Now I'm not saying that Heinen is a top 6 guy, but production wise he's on par with two guys who you say are top 6.
Ideally Coyle isn’t on the top six,he centres the third line,as far as Debrusk I put him on the second line over Heinen,points wise Debrusk tends to be streaky ,but just prefer his game and he has had more success in the playoffs. It’s also pretty apparent that Cassidy feels the same way about Debrusk and Heinen.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don’t think hall is an upgrade to krecji. Doesn’t make sense to me. I think if they added hall they would have to include a salary dump. Which is why I said they would have to dump backes or maybe Moore and backes? Jersey could really improve their d trading with the bruins. I don’t know if it’s worth it. Lots of ppl say bruins are top heavy and don’t have secondary scoring but I find they have a lot of secondary scoring (krecji debrusk coyle plus the younger guys have offensive upside and they are chipping in). Losing depth on D and tossing in a salary dump is how this trade gets done. But personally I don’t know if I’d do it. I think this is one of the better bruins teams we have seen this decade.

Krejci will be 34 when the season ends. Hall will be 28. Even if he isn't an on ice upgrade... you can't ignore the 6 year age gap going forward. Regardless, I don't think the Bruins are seriously into Hall and they should be aiming lower. They do lack secondary scoring, though. We are a third of the way through the season and no one outside the top line is on pace for 20 goals. DeBrusk will get hot and get there. But, four 20 goal scorers ain't enough.

Reactions: Kegs

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Ideally Coyle isn’t on the top six,he centres the third line,as far as Debrusk I put him on the second line over Heinen,points wise Debrusk tends to be streaky ,but just prefer his game and he has had more success in the playoffs. It’s also pretty apparent that Cassidy feels the same way about Debrusk and Heinen.

^This is why I say you'll never get everyone to agree on what a top 6 talent is. The reason between the two is that you like one guys game better. I'm not sure what Cassidy's feeling has to do with it, but I do find it funny he plays Heinen with the #1PP unit over DeBrusk.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Goals vs assists.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Rumours floating around about #54 making a comeback on the Bruins.
He lives in Boston and was at the game on Friday visiting with his friends from BOTH teams.

The only rumors floating around were from overreactive fans on twitter who read too much into things.

He hasn't skated in MONTHS.

He's not coming back to the Bruins unless it is in some coaching capacity.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
^This is why I say you'll never get everyone to agree on what a top 6 talent is. The reason between the two is that you like one guys game better. I'm not sure what Cassidy's feeling has to do with it, but I do find it funny he plays Heinen with the #1PP unit over DeBrusk.
I believe Debrusk was their until he got hurt,I think Cassidy’s feelings on it are important,more than ours actually.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I believe Debrusk was their until he got hurt,I think Cassidy’s feelings on it are important,more than ours actually.

No ones "feelings" should really matter. My question is basically what constitutes as a top 6 talent. What's is the bare minimum you need to be in order to be a top 6 talent.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
He lives in Boston and was at the game on Friday visiting with his friends from BOTH teams.

The only rumors floating around were from overreactive fans on twitter who read too much into things.

He hasn't skated in MONTHS.

He's not coming back to the Bruins unless it is in some coaching capacity.

Yeah, Ali's right - it was something piggybacking off his presence, and they interviewed him - he did allow for a return, but did say he's uncertain at t his point.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
No ones "feelings" should really matter. My question is basically what constitutes as a top 6 talent. What's is the bare minimum you need to be in order to be a top 6 talent.
Well maybe it’s not his feelings,maybe it’s what he sees and likes or dislikes in their game,but either way it’s I guess what I see also.If it is just his feelings, he ‘ is the coach so it’s his call.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Yeah, Ali's right - it was something piggybacking off his presence, and they interviewed him - he did allow for a return, but did say he's uncertain at t his point.
There were a few people who got pretty animated on twitter after the game about it too.

Just glad he's doing well

Reactions: NeelyDan

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I'm basing it on how the current coach uses them.

Is there any doubt in your mind that if the B's traded picks and prospects today for, say Palmieri, that the top 3 lines (assuming all were healthy) would be:

Marchand, Bergy, Pasta
DeBrusk, Krejci, Palmieri
Bjork, Coyle, Heinen

Or, if they got a 3C:

M,B,P
DeBrusk, Krejci, Coyle
Bjork, New Addition, Heinen

As for my preference....regardless of stats -- I look at what the lineup needs -- they need a goal scorer on line 2. DeBrusk fits that bill better than Heinen, IMO, which is why I'd put him on the 2nd and keep Heinen on the third.

Coyle, I just think is a better player and if they had a capable #3C, I'd move him up and keep Heinen on line 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad