All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXXVI: How can this team be fixed? ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Nashville and Minnesota would be the two teams I'd deal with. Both have plenty of dmen.

I'd love either Josi or Ekholm from Nashville and wouldn't mind Scandella from Minnesota.

Eriksson + SJ 1st + B Prospect (Heinen) for Josi

Eriksson for Ekholm

Eriksson for Scandella

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Nashville and Minnesota would be the two teams I'd deal with. Both have plenty of dmen.

I'd love either Josi or Ekholm from Nashville and wouldn't mind Scandella from Minnesota.

Eriksson + SJ 1st + B Prospect (Heinen) for Josi

Eriksson for Ekholm

Eriksson for Scandella

Josi is probably one of the most untouchable players in the league. Future Norris winner IMO and Laviolette absolutely loves him.

Might as well post trade proposals for Crosby or Doughty while you're at it.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Josi is probably one of the most untouchable players in the league. Future Norris winner IMO and Laviolette absolutely loves him.

It honestly wouldn't shock me if NSH was more inclined to trade Weber and/or Jones before Josi.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Even if Josi were available the cost would be obscene.

Think two firsts, Pasta, Spooner and one of our first round guys from this year. To start.

For Josi and some minor league throw in.

Not worth it.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Even if Josi were available the cost would be obscene.

Think two firsts, Pasta, Spooner and one of our first round guys from this year. To start.

For Josi and some minor league throw in.

Not worth it.

This is insanity.

Why do we overvalue assets on other clubs so much? I can't remember the last player that was traded for this kind of return. Ever.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Truth. Ran into him at Tampa airport few weeks back he was gushing over Josi. "Future Norris winner". He made it seem like the Organization is extremely high on Josi & Jones.

I'd take a shot at Weber. Can fit his cap in short term, & easily once Chara's contract expires. With all these picks/ assets Sweeney has, it's something he could take an honest swing at.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
So the roster is "set" for now. With almost 6 million left over in cap space with Kelly still on the books. I'd like to see upgrades on the defense still; but I think that Sweeney will address that, just curious as to how...

Eriksson-Krejci-Hayes
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Beleskey-Spooner-Pastranak
Rinaldo-Kelly-Talbot

Chara-C.Miller
Morrow-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid

Rask
Smith

Not sure I'd think of that as a playoff team at this point. I need to see a better defense and up front is a lot of questions too.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
This is insanity.

Why do we overvalue assets on other clubs so much? I can't remember the last player that was traded for this kind of return. Ever.

because teams don't trade guys like Josi unless the player wants out.

Josi was 5th in Norris voting this year btw.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
So the roster is "set" for now. With almost 6 million left over in cap space with Kelly still on the books. I'd like to see upgrades on the defense still; but I think that Sweeney will address that, just curious as to how...

Eriksson-Krejci-Hayes
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Beleskey-Spooner-Pastranak
Rinaldo-Kelly-Talbot

Chara-C.Miller
Morrow-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid

Rask
Smith

Not sure I'd think of that as a playoff team at this point. I need to see a better defense and up front is a lot of questions too.

Franson and Oduya are still out there. I believe we have a little over 5 million left in cap space so who knows.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
Franson and Oduya are still out there. I believe we have a little over 5 million left in cap space so who knows.

Maybe, but I feel like we shouldn't overspend either. Without getting rid of Kelly, I don't want to take up more of the room we now have when we finally have space.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
with a full roster and cap space; we could definitely take on salary to fix the defense.

Guys that seem to fit that criteria;

Chicago-Seabrook,
Carolina-Wisniewski,
St. Louis-Bouwmeester,
Toronto-Phaneuf.
Winnipeg-Byfuglien

We might have to send Kelly the other way for a couple of them. And I'm not sure outside of Seabrook I necessarily like any of those choices that much.

Might be better off looking for a cheaper option on a short deal via free agency and letting the kids come to camp ready to push for a spot. That makes me nervous though.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Part of me thought DS would potentially use Connolly to acquire a dman, but now that he's been signed(as well as Hayes), something's gotta give.

Marshy-Bergy-Hayes
Beleskey-Krejci-Connolly
Eriksson-Spooner-Pasta
Talbot-Kempp-Rinaldo
Ferlin/Kelly

Chara-?????
Seids-?????
Krug-McQuaid
Miller/C. Miller/Trotman/Morrow

Rask
??????

There's no way Chris Kelly is on this team on opening night. He can't be getting #6 highest forward money when he's playing bottom 6 role. If we're getting a dman, we could package one of K. Miller/Trotman/Morrow with Kelly +Subban to get a decent return.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
with a full roster and cap space; we could definitely take on salary to fix the defense.

Guys that seem to fit that criteria;

Chicago-Seabrook,
Carolina-Wisniewski,
St. Louis-Bouwmeester,
Toronto-Phaneuf.
Winnipeg-Byfuglien

We might have to send Kelly the other way for a couple of them. And I'm not sure outside of Seabrook I necessarily like any of those choices that much.

Might be better off looking for a cheaper option on a short deal via free agency and letting the kids come to camp ready to push for a spot. That makes me nervous though.

Not sure what Winnipeg would want for Big Buff but he's exactly the type of defenseman the Bruins need. Aside from Seabrook, Buff would be my next choice.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Part of me thought DS would potentially use Connolly to acquire a dman, but now that he's been signed(as well as Hayes), something's gotta give.

Marshy-Bergy-Hayes
Beleskey-Krejci-Connolly
Eriksson-Spooner-Pasta
Talbot-Kempp-Rinaldo
Ferlin/Kelly

Chara-?????
Seids-?????
Krug-McQuaid
Miller/C. Miller/Trotman/Morrow

Rask
??????

There's no way Chris Kelly is on this team on opening night. He can't be getting #6 highest forward money when he's playing bottom 6 role. If we're getting a dman, we could package one of K. Miller/Trotman/Morrow with Kelly +Subban to get a decent return.

It's looking more and more like Trotman is a guarantee in the top 4 opening night. Whether that's with Chara or Seidenberg. I'm fine with it TBH. I would like to acquire another defenseman for sure, but don't be surprised to see them roll with Colin Miller as well.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015

I'm starting to think that they genuinely can't move Kelly due to his NTC. Even if he was willing to waive that, does he actually hold much value?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
because teams don't trade guys like Josi unless the player wants out.

Josi was 5th in Norris voting this year btw.

Which would make him unavailable. The quote was "if he's available"

Again, no one gets this kind of return. I don't think Lindros netted that kind of return. It's completely foolish to think that anyone would even consider such a thing.

This isn't me undervaluing Josi. This is me stating that in reality, trades have to make sense.

EDIT: Read back over the conversation and I think now that we're all on the same page. The proposal for Josi came up before any of us and we were responding with the very idea being absurd.
This one is on ME for not reading the whole thing and jumping on a post without taking the time to consider the context.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Just imagine the pairing of Chara and Byfuglien. My god..........
What's the asking price on Buff's big ass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad