All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXXVI: How can this team be fixed? ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Any interest in Luke Schenn? Right handed shot could be a pretty decent #3-4 guy.

I' d imagine the asking price wouldn't be significant.

Morrow

for

Schenn

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I'm starting to think that they genuinely can't move Kelly due to his NTC. Even if he was willing to waive that, does he actually hold much value?

I've long believed that trading Kelly to a team that he approves of would require Boston including a mid-round draft pick or a middling prospect. It would appear that the Bruins are stuck with him for another year, given the situation.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
with a full roster and cap space; we could definitely take on salary to fix the defense.

Guys that seem to fit that criteria;

Chicago-Seabrook,
Carolina-Wisniewski,
St. Louis-Bouwmeester,
Toronto-Phaneuf.
Winnipeg-Byfuglien

We might have to send Kelly the other way for a couple of them. And I'm not sure outside of Seabrook I necessarily like any of those choices that much.

Might be better off looking for a cheaper option on a short deal via free agency and letting the kids come to camp ready to push for a spot. That makes me nervous though.

Chicago-Seabrook: Ideally I'd go for this, but does Chicago still need to shed salary?
Carolina-Wisniewski: Depends on the price.
St. Louis-Bouwmeester: I feel like he'd be a good fit with our vets and young guys.
Toronto-Phaneuf: ONLY if there is a salary retention... Toronto probably going to ask for a boatload. 3 years he may be our best defenseman left... and that in itself is a scary thought. Buyer beware.
Winnipeg-Byfuglien: I'm a Byfuglien fan, but not sure he'd fit here with Sweeney looking to add speed; although I'm all in favor of acquiring him.

It's too bad we couldn't grab Brent Burns somehow. He's probably a pipedream at this point, but that'd be cool.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Any interest in Luke Schenn? Right handed shot could be a pretty decent #3-4 guy.

Morrow

for

Schenn

I like Schenn; I know a lot of people don't, but I think he'd excel under Julien. He and Seidenberg would be a good "2nd" pairing. I doubt he'd cost Morrow though; his value right now is low IMO.

I think we're going to see a few veteran camp invites and kids pushing for top spots. I don't like that plan for a team that claims to be fighting for a playoff spot; but it appears the direction we are headed. I'd rather they don't dump any good assets for someone either; unless they are top end like Seabrook.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Chicago-Seabrook: Ideally I'd go for this, but does Chicago still need to shed salary?
St. Louis-Bouwmeester: I feel like he'd be a good fit with our vets and young guys.
Toronto-Phaneuf: ONLY if there is a salary retention... Toronto probably going to ask for a boatload. 3 years he may be our best defenseman left... and that in itself is a scary thought. Buyer beware.
Winnipeg-Byfuglien: I'm a Byfuglien fan, but not sure he'd fit here with Sweeney looking to add speed; although I'm all in favor of acquiring him.

It's too bad we couldn't grab Brent Burns somehow. He's probably a pipedream at this point, but that'd be cool.

according to hockey buzz; they are above the cap and only have 4 defenseman signed. More likely they move Sharp and/or Bickell though

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
I like Schenn; I know a lot of people don't, but I think he'd excel under Julien. He and Seidenberg would be a good "2nd" pairing. I doubt he'd cost Morrow though; his value right now is low IMO.

I think we're going to see a few veteran camp invites and kids pushing for top spots. I don't like that plan for a team that claims to be fighting for a playoff spot; but it appears the direction we are headed. I'd rather they don't dump any good assets for someone either; unless they are top end like Seabrook.

That combo would be painfully slow and immobile.

Wilhelm Scream

Jan 2, 2008
Cambridge, MA
There's no way Chris Kelly is on this team on opening night. He can't be getting #6 highest forward money when he's playing bottom 6 role.

That reasoning makes no sense. Should everyone in the bottom 6 make less than 925k, since Pasternak is probably going to be a top 2 RW?

Hasn't it been reported that Chris Kelly is far too respected by the organization for what he brings both on the ice (which isn't nearly as bad as everyone thinks it is) and in the locker room? He was our #1 penalty killing forward in actual time on ice, and our second best option behind Bergeron.

Bigger problem is Seidenberg who makes 4 million for three more years.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

Bouwmeester would be a nice stay at home D addition, but he's a pretty ridiculous cap hit for what he offers. I think he stays in St. Louis (they are in no position to retain, given that they're moving players in order to be able to sign Tarasenko).

And I think our #1 priority is a young, puck moving D to replace Hamilton. I still like Shattenkirk for that role, but we'd probably have to give up a lot. And St. Louis probably won't move him until next year.

No to Phaneuf. Would rather Franson than Phaneuf, and even he isn't a great addition.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Morrow

for

Schenn

Nah ... Schenn is a hideous skater and wouldn't be an upgrade to our top 4. Would rather roll with Morrow.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Not sure what Winnipeg would want for Big Buff but he's exactly the type of defenseman the Bruins need. Aside from Seabrook, Buff would be my next choice.

So would I. I have no idea what we have that they would want though. Not sure what their needs are.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
So would I. I have no idea what we have that they would want though. Not sure what their needs are.

Not really a good fit, they're loaded with prospects, they might want an affordable NHL center, I guess maybe Spooner +++? But more likely you'd have to work it around Krejci I'd think.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Unloading both Sieds and Kelly would give us 7M to add to the 5M in cap space we have available that's 12M. You should be able to get 2 pretty decent D for 12M. If we are truly going to be contenders I don't see how we don't make these moves. At the very least we need to bring in 1.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Just imagine the pairing of Chara and Byfuglien. My god..........
What's the asking price on Buff's big ass?

Byfuglien is slow and pinches & constantly puts himself out of position. He's a roamer, more so than Hamilton was.

Chara Buff would be a pairing that the Habs Bolts & Wings would feast on. Slowwww as molasses

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
Unloading both Sieds and Kelly would give us 7M to add to the 5M in cap space we have available that's 12M. You should be able to get 2 pretty decent D for 12M. If we are truly going to be contenders I don't see how we don't make these moves. At the very least we need to bring in 1.

I agree that we should bring in at least one, but we'd need to find a good trading partner. We have to be careful about overspending, though.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

Morrow

for

Schenn

Asking price would be insignificant and no he's a plug

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Not really a good fit, they're loaded with prospects, they might want an affordable NHL center, I guess maybe Spooner +++? But more likely you'd have to work it around Krejci I'd think.

He's on the last year of his contract so I don't see a reason it would need to involve krejci

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
bringing in 2 dmen for 12 million wont help out the fact there are no legitimate top line forwards on the team.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I've long believed that trading Kelly to a team that he approves of would require Boston including a mid-round draft pick or a middling prospect. It would appear that the Bruins are stuck with him for another year, given the situation.

Boston isn't even tryin to trade kelly, they feel that he brings too much on the table, he's a big locker room guy apparently.

according to hockey buzz; they are above the cap and only have 4 defenseman signed. More likely they move Sharp and/or Bickell though

They have to get rid of both, they are already +2M over the cap and RFA Kruger is going to get atleast 2.5M and they want to bring Oduya back, I just don't feel that they can move those 2 out and sign Oduya, they'd have to take zero cap back and Oduya would have to re-sign with max 3M.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Saw the trade board saying Big Buff for LH D

Maybe Kelly, Seidenberg and a 2nd round pick would do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad