All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXXVI: How can this team be fixed? ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
For people suggesting for sign Sekera we don't have the cap space once we resign Jones we literally gained salary cap today there was no savings by are incompetent GM

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
For people suggesting for sign Sekera we don't have the cap space once we resign Jones we literally gained salary cap today there was no savings by are incompetent GM

We have 12M space.

Sweeney can't start the season with that D group, think about that D group and those games :shakehead

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
We have 12M space.

Sweeney can't start the season with that D group, think about that D group and those games :shakehead

Yes we have 12 million but we still need to sign Spooner, Connolly, and Jones.

After we lock up those 3 we will probably have 7 million in cap space left and we will need 2 top 6 wingers and 2 top 4 D....this is a disaster

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Why do I have the feeling that Sweeney has the wrong FA list - a different year's - and has a plan?

He doesn't understand the difference between RFAs and UFAs. He thought he was trading Dougie's UFA rights and was hosing Calgary.

He thinks the UFA market is looking pretty good right now.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
This team can no longer be fixed without tanking. Which we cannot do unless Rask, Krejci, Bergy, and Chara demand trades. Which I would fully understand and support.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yes we have 12 million but we still need to sign Spooner, Connolly, and Jones.

After we lock up those 3 we will probably have 7 million in cap space left and we will need 2 top 6 wingers and 2 top 4 D....this is a disaster

I very well know this is a disaster but Sekera must be signed or this team is .... for a very long time, even with him this team is bad.

BUT THE THING I'D LIKE TO ASK FROM SWEENEY IS

is that is he really planning on winning a cup without elite D-player? Because we aren't getting one and won't have for a very long time.
This just sucks.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Are you sure?

They're eating almost half of Lucic's salary.

I'm missing you already Chia.

Lots of media people have said number 12M.

Atleast Kelly and Lucic are off the books in a year and that's 7M savings+ cap going up so next offseason we have 10M right there+ whatever is left after this offseason/deadline.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
I have a feeling we are trading another big name player this weekend. I couldn't guess who, but this can't be it. Sweeney isn't done yet.
It actually hurts to think about it.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Lots of media people have said number 12M.

Atleast Kelly and Lucic are off the books in a year and that's 7M savings+ cap going up so next offseason we have 10M right there+ whatever is left after this offseason/deadline.

That 12M is with Savards LTIR money added. Without it, we really don't have that much space.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Sign Mike Green and Matt Beleskey.

Makes this team "technically" a better one than last year, cap compliant, in a better cap situation going forward and more prospects/picks in the pipeline than we had 24 hours ago - no?

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

Makes this team "technically" a better one than last year, cap compliant, in a better cap situation going forward and more prospects/picks in the pipeline than we had 24 hours ago - no?

We don't have close to the cap space to sign them both

After we sign Spooner Connolly and Jones we will have about 8 million in cap space

green is probably looking for 6-7 million

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Why give Green, who is injury prone, 6-7 million? We had Dougie.

Why give Belesky the $5 million he wants? He's the next Clarkson.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
right now we have 16 players under contract including Savard at 61 million dollars

the Cap is 71 and we need to re up Spooner, Connolly, and Jones

We need to find a way to move Kelly and Savard to free up another 7 million

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
And why would Jones even want to sign with us? He is RFA no?

He wanted out of LA because of Quick. He wants to be a starter. Why will he sign here cheap to play 20 games with Rask?

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
And why would Jones even want to sign with us? He is RFA no?

He wanted out of LA because of Quick. He wants to be a starter. Why will he sign here cheap to play 20 games with Rask?

This is more than likely where the "shipping out Rask" rumors are coming from.
Unless we are packaging Jones in another deal. We have a goalie overload. McIntyre, Subban, Smith, Jones, Tuukka. Something's got to give.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I have a feeling we are trading another big name player this weekend. I couldn't guess who, but this can't be it. Sweeney isn't done yet.
It actually hurts to think about it.

I think you are right . First Iginla and Boychuck subtracted with no proven additions ,then Lucic and Hamilton ?? We will be lucky to make the playoffs (and probably won't ) with this roster .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad