Proposal: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XVIII.. Can we fill another before deadline day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
So sick of people saying Chiarelli went all in last year. All in would have meant doing something at the deadline. Everyone knew they needed a top 4 dman and some added depth up front. The guy is given way too much credit. Did he draft bergeron, krejci, Lucic or Marchand? Don't believe it all you want, but I know for fact he had no communication with management to get chara or savard. Did he trade for rask? Fact is the core are all guys he had no hand in getting.

Oh but he got us Manny Fernandez who he thought was better than Thomas and tried to run Thomas out of town. No thomas, no cup. Oh but he grabbed us Kaberle for the low price he paid. Beyond awful but because the key players brought in before him formed solid group, we won the CCup and he gets credit. Thank you so much kelly, peverley. He got three trades right, Horton and seidenberg as well as boychuk. Then moved boychuk for 2 2nd while sekera and franson will probably fetch a 1st.

Chia is a very good GM When he's aggressive at the deadline....he's been awful the past two summers, and he did not go all in last year. Misjudged his defensive depth and did that again this September.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Tuukka's never really went down. He's a top 5 goalie.

I'd say top 3, rinne, rask, price.

aaah just saw this on bruins facebook, yeah right, Like svedberg is gonna carry us. Who steps up and admits his words :D

"Rask is the one keeping Svedberg on the bench. Rask wants to be in net. He needs to feed his head! He can't stand being out played by Svedberg."

"Rask is not that good this year, what makes Rask good is the defense in front of him. Don't get me wrong he is a little better than average but not worth his pay.... No where near his pay. Send him on his way"
I'm speechless

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Tuukka's never really went down. He's a top 5 goalie.

I clearly remember guys asking what's wrong with Rask at the start of year.

I do agree he's top notch and you said it yourself his stock never went down cause he is what he is .

Winnik is what he is

Last edited:

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Yakupov 3 points in last three games.
Kassian 6 points in last five games.

Bruins assets:

Smith 1 point in 6 games.
Bartkowski healthy scratched since 2014. That's right, he hasn't played a game in 2015.

Last time on ice was that hit on Gionta that had him off for the rest of the game wasn't it? Happened in the first few mins of the game too yeah?

BergyWho37

Jun 18, 2012
True North

Bruins assets:

Bartkowski healthy scratched since 2014. That's right, he hasn't played a game in 2015.

Bart there doing it to themselves ..

Smith 27 pts bounced around lines

Yakupov 17pts

Kassian 11pts

But let's go off the last 5 games, I agree Yakupov should be better then Smith tho

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Bruins assets:

Instead chia ends up with ryder/jagr :shakehead
and then he adds vermette with 1st++ :scared:

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
So sick of people saying Chiarelli went all in last year. All in would have meant doing something at the deadline. Everyone knew they needed a top 4 dman and some added depth up front. The guy is given way too much credit. Did he draft bergeron, krejci, Lucic or Marchand? Don't believe it all you want, but I know for fact he had no communication with management to get chara or savard. Did he trade for rask? Fact is the core are all guys he had no hand in getting.

Oh but he got us Manny Fernandez who he thought was better than Thomas and tried to run Thomas out of town. No thomas, no cup. Oh but he grabbed us Kaberle for the low price he paid. Beyond awful but because the key players brought in before him formed solid group, we won the CCup and he gets credit. Thank you so much kelly, peverley. He got three trades right, Horton and seidenberg as well as boychuk. Then moved boychuk for 2 2nd while sekera and franson will probably fetch a 1st.

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

BergyWho37

Jun 18, 2012
True North
I was gonna say. He didn't go all in. He blew it at the deadline. He didn't get anywhere close to filling whole left by Seids's injury.

Nailed it, maybe others think different but not me, I think guys like saying they went all in for the Iggy reason but we still had cap money and blew it on Mezzaros.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I want weber-josi pairing.

Make it happen chia or you're fired.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

Sorry, but hockey trades are hard, okay? Really, really, hard. Like, super hard.

Besides, once you parse everything out, and take everything into account, all Chiarelli has done wrong is a little bad drafting. And really, that was Jim Benning.

So, Chiarelli is not at all to blame for this ugly mess.

Did *you* win a Stanley Cup as GM of the Bruins? No? I didn't think so.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Sorry, but hockey trades are hard, okay? Really, really, hard. Like, super hard.

Besides, once you parse everything out, and take everything into account, all Chiarelli has done wrong is a little bad drafting. And really, that was Jim Benning.

And chiarelli didn't draft our big boys.

Chia has created this mess with his bad contracts and average drafting.

And all he could get us was a healthy scratch, you have to able to do better no matter how hard, hard, hard, really hard it is to make trades.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
No. From 2011-2014 this team was one of the best teams in hockey and possibly the best run for this team since the 70s. Maybe the Bourque/Neely prime was better, but I don't think so.

Last year, Chia went all in with the Iginla signing because he knew that Chara window was closing and that some of the support pieces were getting long in the tooth. He was praised for being ballsy and going for it and it was a ballsy going for it move. Seidenberg got hurt. Eriksson got hurt. ***** happens.

This year the cap didn't go up as much as expected because the players didn't use the escalator clause like was expected and they had to pay the piper on Iginla's bonus. The Bruins made a calculated risk when they made the Iginla move and it didn't work out. It wasn't the wrong move.

Campbell, Paille, McQuaid are all gone after this year. Kelly next year. He signed the guys one year too long. I'd take that over Richards and Brown being signed 5 years too long or Bickell being signed at all on the deal he is on. We can talk about how the 4th line sucks and all, but its not like the Providence guys are showing a lot. You can fault Chia for the drafting in his tenure, and that would be fair, but once he saw that Benning et al were not coming through on the draft he made a change. No one, including Chia, would say he is mistake free. But tell me who is better and I will tell you why you are wrong. Nevermind who is available and better. I guess you can say Sweeney, but I'd rather have Chia than the mystery prize behind door #1.

Including Seguin and Horton is a little silly since Iginla replaced Horton and Eriksson + Smith is here to replace the version of Seguin Boston had. Lets keep it to Thornton, Boychuk and Iginla. And you are right. He hasn't replaced those guys. Its also mid-February. The team has a strong core that PC has done a great job identifying and locking up. This team also will have a lot more freedom to make substantial changes in the offseason when contracts expire. Chia waiting to decide on whether to give up futures to improve this team this year, or to punt this season as a bridge year is 1000% the smart move. That was always the risk with the Iginla move.

90% of teams in the league would trade their forwards in their prime for our forwards in their prime in Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic, Marchand, Soderberg and Eriksson. Chara and Seidenberg are on the down swing and Hamilton and Krug are on the upswing in there careers. They need a guy on the backend in his prime to help the Chara to Hamilton transition and some complimentary wingers. A loong time to recover is the Bruins of the late 90s. Not this group and thats what most seem to be missing. This team is more like the 2005 or 2006 Red Sox than anything. Still have a lot of good core parts, but need to rework the support pieces and maybe add a core guy to replace an aging core guy.

Ok. So we are making up deals to fire Chia over now. That seems agenda free. You seem to be faulting Chia for not improving the roster right now while at that same time saying that he better not improve the current roster. :dunno:

No. From 2011-2014 the Bruins have certainly had an excellent run, but this squad, and all of its problems, are a product of a lengthy series of failures and omissions by Chiarelli and this front office, most happening after the 2011 Cup.

1. Years of horrible drafting.
2. Too many NTCs and NMCs awarded in contracts.
3. Overpay Kelly after anomalous 20 goal season.
4. Seguin trade disaster.
5. Failure to use TWO compliance buy outs.
6. Failure to foresee 4th line completely inept both last year & this year.
7. Failing to truly go "all in" last year, by failing to do anything at the trade deadline, despite Seids getting injured, and despite already back loading bonuses in Iginla deal.
8. Failing to make any moves last summer to free up cap space.
9. Losing Iginla.
10. Misjudging offensive capacity/depth
11. Failing to replace Iginla.
12. Misjudging defensive capacity/depth.
13. Boychuk trade disaster.
14. Failing to make any move at all this year to address offensive needs.
15. Failing to make any move at all this year to address defensive needs.

And here we are, laughing, painfully, at Chiarelli, once again, laying the groundwork for more excuses for his failure to, again, do anything worthwhile at the trade deadline.

But no worries, of course. There will always be plenty of people willing to offer creative excuses for the Bruins FO. Because 2011. That's how Sinden survived for so long.

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Boom. Well said. Recchi trade also good.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC

Chiarelli is not at all to blame? OK then. I'm just glad he hired Ferguson Jr and sacco. He obviously knows what he's doing, those guys are amaze-balls.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
No. From 2011-2014 the Bruins have certainly had an excellent run, but this squad, and all of its problems, are a product of a lengthy series of failures and omissions by Chiarelli and this front office, most happening after the 2011 Cup.

1. Years of horrible drafting.
2. Too many NTCs and NMCs awarded in contracts.
3. Overpay Kelly after anomalous 20 goal season.
4. Seguin trade disaster.
5. Failure to use TWO compliance buy outs.
6. Failure to foresee 4th line completely inept both last year & this year.
7. Failing to truly go "all in" last year, by failing to do anything at the trade deadline, despite Seids getting injured, and despite already back loading bonuses in Iginla deal.
8. Failing to make any moves last summer to free up cap space.
9. Losing Iginla.
10. Misjudging offensive capacity/depth
11. Failing to replace Iginla.
12. Misjudging defensive capacity/depth.
13. Boychuk trade disaster.
14. Failing to make any move at all this year to address offensive needs.
15. Failing to make any move at all this year to address defensive needs.

And here we are, laughing, painfully, at Chiarelli, once again, laying the groundwork for more excuses for his failure to, again, do anything worthwhile at the trade deadline.

But no worries, of course. There will always be plenty of people willing to offer creative excuses for the Bruins FO. Because 2011. That's how Sinden survived for so long.

Amen

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
“I feel like I’m a broken record every year at this time,” said Chiarelli. “A lot of teams are in (the playoff race). There’s a few teams that are out that have very high prices (for tradeable players).We’re looking at both rentals and hockey trades. It’s hard to do a hockey trade and the rentals are overpriced. So we just keep pecking away.”

Sounds like there's nothing on the table :(

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...ns/2015/02/deal_takes_drew_stafford_off_radar

Iceage

Jun 26, 2013

He probably could trade the two 2nd Rd picks for a late 1st pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad