Proposal: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XVIII.. Can we fill another before deadline day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
What

So Chia can ruin this team without getting fired cause he won the cup 2011?

No. From 2011-2014 this team was one of the best teams in hockey and possibly the best run for this team since the 70s. Maybe the Bourque/Neely prime was better, but I don't think so.

Last year, Chia went all in with the Iginla signing because he knew that Chara window was closing and that some of the support pieces were getting long in the tooth. He was praised for being ballsy and going for it and it was a ballsy going for it move. Seidenberg got hurt. Eriksson got hurt. ***** happens.

This year the cap didn't go up as much as expected because the players didn't use the escalator clause like was expected and they had to pay the piper on Iginla's bonus. The Bruins made a calculated risk when they made the Iginla move and it didn't work out. It wasn't the wrong move.

He loves his veterans too much and won't get rid of them even if they are killing this team and you say he's safe?

Campbell, Paille, McQuaid are all gone after this year. Kelly next year. He signed the guys one year too long. I'd take that over Richards and Brown being signed 5 years too long or Bickell being signed at all on the deal he is on. We can talk about how the 4th line sucks and all, but its not like the Providence guys are showing a lot. You can fault Chia for the drafting in his tenure, and that would be fair, but once he saw that Benning et al were not coming through on the draft he made a change. No one, including Chia, would say he is mistake free. But tell me who is better and I will tell you why you are wrong. Nevermind who is available and better. I guess you can say Sweeney, but I'd rather have Chia than the mystery prize behind door #1.

Since the cup we've lost (sequin), horton, thornton, boychuk, Iginla and he hasn't replaced them and boychuk was traded 3 days before season started and youre saying he's safe?

Including Seguin and Horton is a little silly since Iginla replaced Horton and Eriksson + Smith is here to replace the version of Seguin Boston had. Lets keep it to Thornton, Boychuk and Iginla. And you are right. He hasn't replaced those guys. Its also mid-February. The team has a strong core that PC has done a great job identifying and locking up. This team also will have a lot more freedom to make substantial changes in the offseason when contracts expire. Chia waiting to decide on whether to give up futures to improve this team this year, or to punt this season as a bridge year is 1000% the smart move. That was always the risk with the Iginla move.

If nothin major happens this offseason it's gonna take a loong time for us to get back to contending form.

90% of teams in the league would trade their forwards in their prime for our forwards in their prime in Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic, Marchand, Soderberg and Eriksson. Chara and Seidenberg are on the down swing and Hamilton and Krug are on the upswing in there careers. They need a guy on the backend in his prime to help the Chara to Hamilton transition and some complimentary wingers. A loong time to recover is the Bruins of the late 90s. Not this group and thats what most seem to be missing. This team is more like the 2005 or 2006 Red Sox than anything. Still have a lot of good core parts, but need to rework the support pieces and maybe add a core guy to replace an aging core guy.

Florida's rebuild team is trying to overtake us already.
And if he gives 1st pick++ for vermette then he should be fired just for that, ruining our future cause this isn't an all in year for us.
Same goes if he gets ryder back.

Ok. So we are making up deals to fire Chia over now. That seems agenda free. You seem to be faulting Chia for not improving the roster right now while at that same time saying that he better not improve the current roster. :dunno:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
No. From 2011-2014 this team was one of the best teams in hockey and possibly the best run for this team since the 70s. Maybe the Bourque/Neely prime was better, but I don't think so.

Last year, Chia went all in with the Iginla signing because he knew that Chara window was closing and that some of the support pieces were getting long in the tooth. He was praised for being ballsy and going for it and it was a ballsy going for it move. Seidenberg got hurt. Eriksson got hurt. ***** happens.

This year the cap didn't go up as much as expected because the players didn't use the escalator clause like was expected and they had to pay the piper on Iginla's bonus. The Bruins made a calculated risk when they made the Iginla move and it didn't work out. It wasn't the wrong move.

Campbell, Paille, McQuaid are all gone after this year. Kelly next year. He signed the guys one year too long. I'd take that over Richards and Brown being signed 5 years too long or Bickell being signed at all on the deal he is on. We can talk about how the 4th line sucks and all, but its not like the Providence guys are showing a lot. You can fault Chia for the drafting in his tenure, and that would be fair, but once he saw that Benning et al were not coming through on the draft he made a change. No one, including Chia, would say he is mistake free. But tell me who is better and I will tell you why you are wrong. Nevermind who is available and better. I guess you can say Sweeney, but I'd rather have Chia than the mystery prize behind door #1.

Including Seguin and Horton is a little silly since Iginla replaced Horton and Eriksson + Smith is here to replace the version of Seguin Boston had. Lets keep it to Thornton, Boychuk and Iginla. And you are right. He hasn't replaced those guys. Its also mid-February. The team has a strong core that PC has done a great job identifying and locking up. This team also will have a lot more freedom to make substantial changes in the offseason when contracts expire. Chia waiting to decide on whether to give up futures to improve this team this year, or to punt this season as a bridge year is 1000% the smart move. That was always the risk with the Iginla move.

90% of teams in the league would trade their forwards in their prime for our forwards in their prime in Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic, Marchand, Soderberg and Eriksson. Chara and Seidenberg are on the down swing and Hamilton and Krug are on the upswing in there careers. They need a guy on the backend in his prime to help the Chara to Hamilton transition and some complimentary wingers. A loong time to recover is the Bruins of the late 90s. Not this group and thats what most seem to be missing. This team is more like the 2005 or 2006 Red Sox than anything. Still have a lot of good core parts, but need to rework the support pieces and maybe add a core guy to replace an aging core guy.

Ok. So we are making up deals to fire Chia over now. That seems agenda free. You seem to be faulting Chia for not improving the roster right now while at that same time saying that he better not improve the current roster. :dunno:

haha uh oh boii

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Realistic trade here:

Vancouver gets : Lucic Bartkowski Spooner

Boston gets: Kassian, Bieksa, Subban, Virtannen and 1rst round pick 2016.

Greetings from British Columbia.

There are a few issues with respect to that proposal.

1. Bieksa has a full no trade clause in his contract. One can speculate about the possibility of him waiving to go to the Bruins. Personally I don't think he would. He's expressed in public that he isn't interested in leaving Vancouver even if it means going down with the ship.

2. Canucks gm and president have both made public statements that they will not trade draft picks or prospects for immediate help, with gm Benning making an exception for trading a prospect for a more advanced prospect. That rules out trading Virtanen, Subban and the 2016-1st in this proposal.

3. Lucic would be a good fit for the Canucks but they have no use for Bartkowski or Spooner.

Canucks presently have 9 defencemen they think are ready to play in the NHL (they'd publically said 8 before they traded for Adam Clendening, who has been good for them since he arrived.) They are short on top-4 defencemen and deep in players who are bottom pair or #7 defencemen.

Canucks presently have 15 forwards on the roster. They are short on top-6 forwards as well as physical forwards so Lucic would fit well.

Canucks have an abundance of forwards who can play 3/4th line or be injury fillins, to the extent that there are arguments on the Canucks official forum about which forwards have to be moved or not re-signed for next year. Spooner would be surplus to what they already have. Essentially, he appears to be a slightly smaller, considerably less offensively talented version of Canucks version Linden Vey.

So to the Canucks the proposal would be, essentially:

Lucic
for
Kassian, Bieksa, Virtanen, Subban, 2016-1st.

The Canucks might like Lucic but they wouldn't consider giving up anywhere near that much for him.

Last edited:

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

1. Bieksa has a full no trade clause in his contract. One can speculate about the possibility of him waiving to go to the Bruins. Personally I don't think he would. He's expressed in public that he isn't interested in leaving Vancouver even if it means going down with the ship.

2. Canucks gm and president have both made public statements that they will not trade draft picks or prospects for immediate help, with gm Benning making an exception for trading a prospect for a more advanced prospect. That rules out trading Virtanen, Subban and the 2016-1st in this proposal.

3. Lucic would be a good fit for the Canucks but they have no use for Bartkowski or Spooner.

Canucks presently have 9 defencemen they think are ready to play in the NHL (they'd publically said 8 before they traded for Adam Clendening, who has been good for them since he arrived.) They are short on top-4 defencemen and very deep in players who are bottom pair or #7 defencemen.

Canucks presently have 15 forwards on the roster. They are short on top-6 forwards so Lucic would fit well. Canucks have enough players who can play 3/4th line or be injury fillins, to the extent that there are arguments on the Canucks official forum about which forwards have to be moved or not re-signed for next year, so Spooner really doesn't add anything. Essentially, he appears to be a slightly smaller, considerably less offensively talented version of Canucks version Linden Vey.

Lucic
for

While Lucic is a fit for the Canucks, that's way over the top.

Don't want Bieksa or Subban for free.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

This year the cap didn't go up as much as expected because the players didn't use the escalator clause like was expected and they had to pay the piper on Iginla's bonus. The Bruins made a calculated risk when they made the Iginla move and it didn't work out. It wasn't the wrong move

/thread

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
We're still in a playoff spot, this season is far from lost. But we need to cut some meat. For starters, Campbell has to go. I'd keep Paille, he's proven to be a clutch component in the playoffs. Chiarelli has to get to work, because there is a lot to do with so little time.

Acquire Stewart (50% retained) for a pick/prospect + Campbell.
In desperate need of a mobile top 4 defensemen. Jeff Petry or Zbynek Michalek could be a fit. Make EDM an offer they can't refuse, 2nd + Prospect.
And acquire one more depth piece. Ryder, Skille, etc. I'd be hesitant to trade Bartkowski by the way our D is looking, but would to get open cap.

Lucic-Krejci-Stewart
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Smith-Soderberg-Eriksson
Paille-Kelly-Skille
Cunningham

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Petry
Krug-McQuaid
Miller

Rask-Svedberg

Clode

I'd put this team over most in the east with our core. Depth.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I was also talking about seidenberg, we can't keep him anymore, he's the one that really needs to be traded, so we can start building a stronger D once again, sign methot/franson with seids+ campbell money. And this deal is one that I'm afraid won't happen.
Last year our D was one of the best and now it's one of the worst among playoff teams, + we don't have a real first pairing.

No. I put sequin on () cause we got something back but we lost that fight, it would be a different thing if lou was younger, he's 7 years older than sequin and I don't like that. I like lou but I wish we would have gone for someone younger and someone who can help this team for years to come.

Is Iginla playing for bruins?? No, so we lost Horton, Iginla, Boychuk, Thornton. If iginla/horton isn't playing for us that means we've lost them both.

How can you say that ryder would help us? he's a healthy scratch for jersey.
And again with vermette it's gonna be 1st round pick++, THis is not our all in year so why in the ........ should we ruin our future for 2months of vermette, vermette deal would take everything we have and we couldn't make any more moves.
We can't re-sign him.
Santorelli has almost the same points, is hard worker, two way player, 3 years younger, has 1.5M cap hit,we could get Franson+Santorelli with the same price as we could get vermette so how can you say vermette deal would be good for us?
We could re-sign both santorelli and franson if we wanted to.
And again this is why we need seids out, franson or seid?
27 years old, big physical D, something we want and need.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
We're still in a playoff spot, this season is far from lost. But we need to cut some meat. For starters, Campbell has to go. I'd keep Paille, he's proven to be a clutch component in the playoffs. Chiarelli has to get to work, because there is a lot to do with so little time.

Acquire Stewart (50% retained) for a pick/prospect + Campbell.
In desperate need of a mobile top 4 defensemen. Jeff Petry or Zbynek Michalek could be a fit. Make EDM an offer they can't refuse, 2nd + Prospect.
And acquire one more depth piece. Ryder, Skille, etc. I'd be hesitant to trade Bartkowski by the way our D is looking, but would to get open cap.

Lucic-Krejci-Stewart
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Smith-Soderberg-Eriksson
Paille-Kelly-Skille
Cunningham

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Petry
Krug-McQuaid
Miller

Rask-Svedberg

Clode

I'd put this team over most in the east with our core. Depth.

I'd say chia has his eye on franson the most. Haven't heard any rumours of bruins having an intrest towards petry.
+Bart is gonna get traded, get atleast something for him, spooner also.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

Nothing wrong with supporting Chiarelli and his boneheaded decisions as of late, I guess :dunno:

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Canucks' GM, formerly Bruins ast gm Jim Benning and Canucks president Trevor Linden have both stated in media interviews that the team is unwilling to trade prospects for picks for immediate roster player help. Benning made an exception for trading a prospect for a more developed prospect.

That alone would rule out this proposal.

Aside from that, Canucks have no place on the roster for Barkowski or Spooner. Canucks already have 9 defenceman they think can play in the NHL but are long on 3rd pair/injury fillin quality d-men and short on top 4 types, so Bartkowski is exactly what the most have too much of already. (If you want to trade for a good #6 or #7 defenceman, Canucks would make a great trading partner. If you want to trade one away-well, they wouldn't.) The proposal would rid the Canucks of the problem of moving a defenceman when Bieksa returns from injury, though, by reducing their defence core to 8 players.

Canucks also have extra depth at 4th line forwards-their weakness at forward is players who have size and players who can play on the top 2 lines. So Lucic is a good fit and I expect Canucks would be glad to get him, but there's no place on the Canucks roster for Spooner, nor any great likelihood he'd be a useful prospect for them as he reaches the end of his entry level contract without making the NHL. He appears to be a slightly smaller, much lower scoring version of Canucks rookie Linden Vey.

That means that to the Canucks, the proposal comes across as:

to Vancouver-Lucic and 2 contracts Canucks have no use for nor space for as it would put them over the 50 contract limit

to Boston: Kassian, Bieksa, Subban, Virtanen, 2016-1st.

Just for completion the 2 contracts you don;t want are Spooner, and Bartkowski.

Now from a boston point of view the deal becomes

Lucic (first liner face of franchise), Spooner (potential 2nd line offensive center if he gets a chance to play), Bart.

For
Kassian (4th liner), Bieska (Ooh boy just what we need another broken down injury plagued old defenseman with a big contract who is a shadow of the player he used to be), Subban (Another Homunculan defensive prospect to add to our collection of minatures), Virtanen (STUD), And a late #1 in a year (someone who might make the NHL in 2019)

So bascially is works out to

Lucic for Virtanen and a #1 in 2016, plus a whole lot of trash going each direction (with Boston absorbing the one expensive piece of trash)

That deal Kills the Bruins for the next 2-3 years, and makes Vancouver a cup contender this season.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
So sick of people saying Chiarelli went all in last year. All in would have meant doing something at the deadline. Everyone knew they needed a top 4 dman and some added depth up front. The guy is given way too much credit. Did he draft bergeron, krejci, Lucic or Marchand? Don't believe it all you want, but I know for fact he had no communication with management to get chara or savard. Did he trade for rask? Fact is the core are all guys he had no hand in getting.

Oh but he got us Manny Fernandez who he thought was better than Thomas and tried to run Thomas out of town. No thomas, no cup. Oh but he grabbed us Kaberle for the low price he paid. Beyond awful but because the key players brought in before him formed solid group, we won the CCup and he gets credit. Thank you so much kelly, peverley. He got three trades right, Horton and seidenberg as well as boychuk. Then moved boychuk for 2 2nd while sekera and franson will probably fetch a 1st.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC

Canucks presently have 9 defencemen they think are ready to play in the NHL (they'd publically said 8 before they traded for Adam Clendening, who has been good for them since he arrived.) They are short on top-4 defencemen and deep in players who are bottom pair or #7 defencemen.

Canucks presently have 15 forwards on the roster. They are short on top-6 forwards as well as physical forwards so Lucic would fit well.

Canucks have an abundance of forwards who can play 3/4th line or be injury fillins, to the extent that there are arguments on the Canucks official forum about which forwards have to be moved or not re-signed for next year. Spooner would be surplus to what they already have. Essentially, he appears to be a slightly smaller, considerably less offensively talented version of Canucks version Linden Vey.

Lucic
for

The Canucks might like Lucic but they wouldn't consider giving up anywhere near that much for him.

Wow send the paperwork. Virtanen alone I would like, adding in kassian would be awesome. And a 1st round pick? Lol

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not really, story of Chia's incompetency, if Winnik was available for cheap youd be a moron not not to grab him, he is a great player at what he does.

Yeah I should have said it better, everyone we wanted a week ago when the price was low, chia started to want him when his price went up :laugh:

You kinda said it how I thought it in finnish. If his price was 3rd round pick why don't you call them and grap him?
or if they say no then you add bart/spooner+, they are out anyways.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

90% of teams in the league would trade their forwards in their prime for our forwards in their prime in Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic, Marchand, Soderberg and Eriksson. Chara and Seidenberg are on the down swing and Hamilton and Krug are on the upswing in there careers. They need a guy on the backend in :handclap::handclap:his prime to help the Chara to Hamilton transition and some complimentary wingers. A loong time to recover is the Bruins of the late 90s. Not this group and thats what most seem to be missing. This team is more like the 2005 or 2006 Red Sox than anything. Still have a lot of good core parts, but need to rework the support pieces and maybe add a core guy to replace an aging core guy.

Nicely done, well said on everything, what I wanted to say but didn't want to take the time. :handclap:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Indeed and Chiarelli will complain about high prices during his post-deadline presser.

Chia should really give the other 29 GM's some lectures.
It's funny to watch how they are able to make trades while we cry about the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad