Proposal: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XVIII.. Can we fill another before deadline day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Look it in every way possible, this team is cooked
They need atleast 3 impacts players to be a good playoffs team
The system of the coach is dead, nobody believe it anymore and all NHL team evoluate and clode have ZERO idea of what to do , he is cooked and players don't listen him anymore
The cap world prevent chia to make trades, he is in the hole he made by himself
The only exit is to clear gm, coach and trade or waive a lot of deadwood
Paille , campbell seidenberg, kelly out out out
Trade chara and listen all offers for other players
Habs done it 3 years ago and look now
JACOBS !!! Clear the place NOW

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
This is why we need to sell. Big time sellers market.

If PC were creative enough he could sell some pieces and still get the vaunted 8 spot.

Guys I think we have to move on from for a better tomorrow:

Lucic
Smith
Kelly
Campbell
And perhaps Seids or McQuaid if the offer is good enough.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Chiarelli is screwed. After the Toronto deal, he now knows that it will take his first round pick to get a forward and a dman that he needs. Tim Murray will most likely demand nothing less. The 2nd round picks that he thought he could turn into a top 6 forward just blew up in his face.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

If PC were creative enough he could sell some pieces and still get the vaunted 8 spot.

Lucic
Smith
Kelly
Campbell

The vaunted Merlot line is dead. Campbell and Paille should be sent packing for whatever he can get but they won't because Claude loves them blindly. He will tell Chia that he needs Campbell in front of the net for when they are down a goal in the last minute to make that valuable tip in (that will never happen!)

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario

Lucic
Smith
Kelly
Campbell

I understand your thought process, but if this team gives up both Lucic and McQuaid that is most of the toughness this team has. When they want to engage.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
The vaunted Merlot line is dead. Campbell and Paille should be sent packing for whatever he can get but they won't because Claude loves them blindly. He will tell Chia that he needs Campbell in front of the net for when they are down a goal in the last minute to make that valuable tip in (that will never happen!)

I would argue that the only reason why Paille's missed goals are so big in our minds is because he is one of the only players stringing together chances, which is a sad indictment of the rest of the team. Paille/Campbell, although underperforming, are not the problem. Trading away your second best D-man and never signing a 1st line right wing are.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I understand your thought process but if this teams both Lucic and McQuaid that is most of the toughness this team has. When they want to engage.

McQuaid will be a UFA so he is walking after this year anyways. But Claude will not let his binkies get traded.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Wouldn't start panicking just yet.

From what I understand, the Predators paid that premium to both go for it AND believing they can re-sign both Santorelli & Franson if they play well in Smashville.

So this was more then just potential rentals, Nashville giving up that price is to help them now and for the coming seasons.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I would argue that the only reason why Paille's missed goals are so big in our minds is because he is one of the only players stringing together chances, which is a sad indictment of the rest of the team. Paille/Campbell, although underperforming, are not the problem. Trading away your second best D-man and never signing a 1st line right wing are.

Oh I agree completely. But they are not effective anymore. They're not helping at all offensively. This is no longer a four line team. It adds to the mediocrity.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

From what I understand, the Predators paid that premium to both go for it AND believing they can re-sign both Santorelli & Franson if they play well in Smashville.

So this was more then just potential rentals, Nashville giving up that price is to help them now and for the coming seasons.

But for the GM's who are selling, this no doubt empowers them to hold out for a 1st round pick up to the deadline. I doubt that anyone will settle for a lower round pick right now. And a 3rd rounder gets you a Mezsaros type, say no more about that.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
I understand your thought process, but if this team gives up both Lucic and McQuaid that is most of the toughness this team has. When they want to engage.

Have to keep Lucic unless there is some heavies on the way back to Boston.

Also want to keep one of McQuaid or Miller for the same reason.

Bruins should move on from Campbell, Paille & Kelly though, add those salaries with one of Miller or McQuaid gone and we have some room to maneuver.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
Oh I agree completely. But they are not effective anymore. They're not helping at all offensively. This is no longer a four line team. It adds to the mediocrity.

And there, I completely agree. To me, the mentality for the team is not right. It seems like they can come out blazing in the first period and win a game by doing not so much for the rest of it, which is stupid. But Chia is ultimately responsible for the mediocrity. He's allowed it.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002

Two questions:

Is that toughness really here now?

And if so..

Where is it getting us?

Adding toughness is probably the cheapest commodity. Letting Qaider walk just so we get bounced in a round isn't wise. A team like Calgary who is desperate to make it will overpay for his experience I imagine.

This team isn't hungry enough not is it fast enough or talented enough. As much crap a claude gets I think we are only fighting for the playoffs because of his system and Rask

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Have to keep Lucic unless there is some heavies on the way back to Boston.

Also want to keep one of McQuaid or Miller for the same reason.

Bruins should move on from Campbell, Paille & Kelly though, add those salaries with one of Miller or McQuaid gone and we have some room to maneuver.

No we don't. That thought process is so flawed. We move on from those four it gives is the flexibility to bring in four other guys who play bottom line minutes. Minimal gain

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So this means Chia is going all in on vermette and we can't afford anyone else.

We really need help on that #4D spot and I'm afraid our D is the same next year as it is now.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Chiarelli is screwed. After the Toronto deal, he now knows that it will take his first round pick to get a forward and a dman that he needs. Tim Murray will most likely demand nothing less. The 2nd round picks that he thought he could turn into a top 6 forward just blew up in his face.

No that's not actually what has happened.

For starters, that Nashville pick is looking like a bottom 5 pick of the 1st round. Not all first rounders are worth the same thing, obviously.

Next, it was multiple players meshed in with a cap dump (Olli), it's a bit more complex then just saying "hey things cost a 1st!"

If Franson was essentially had for a very late first, you could argue that a top 4 caliber D could be had for a high 2nd and a decent prospect. That's about what we learned.

Nashville also paid a premium to go out and do it right away, before anyone else. But there will be a much bigger list of sellers this deadline then was previously expected.

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio

So if Nash instead did not intend to re-sign them, the Leafs would have given them up for less?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad