Proposal: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XVIII.. Can we fill another before deadline day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
1)Methot is in fact better than Boychuk

2) No, there was never 5.5m for Boychuk or Methot next year. Not if you planned on having Hamilton, Krug, Smith and Soderberg back.

If you plan on letting Soderberg leave, there is money for a D.

The big brass balls move by Chia could be trading the Yeti at the deadline, and then bolstering the D in the offseason. But that's not going to solve the low goals for issue, or the PP.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Kassian with three goals in three games since coming back into the lineup. Playing on the 4th line as well.

At least they could use Bartkowski once in awhile to make sense of it all...

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
How many of these can we get before an actual trade? :laugh:

5pointslow

Feb 11, 2015
Taunton ma
Kassian with three goals in three games since coming back into the lineup. Playing on the 4th line as well.

Now kassian coming from juniors was putting goals in the net and projected high ect maybe a scene change is all he needs . 3 goals in 3 games is a good start being back

still young , plays a physical style , can drop the gloves if needed and im sure with right cast he can score .

Id rather have him over stewart

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Methot + Chiasson

for

Smith + Batkowski + Spooner

Have to give something permanent back, add a pick and take someone out. But I'd love us to sign him, if he can be hap for under 5M great, dump (kelly) to ottawa in the offseason for picks, paille, seids, campbell, and let's get it done.

We talked about this a few weeks back that we should have made a deal with kassian and make our bottom 9 stronger/bigger when he was a sctrach cause it seemed like the guy really wanted to prove everyone wrong. And the price would have been pretty low.

Last edited:

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
1)Methot is in fact better than Boychuk

2) No, there was never 5.5m for Boychuk or Methot next year. Not if you planned on having Hamilton, Krug, Smith and Soderberg back.

If you plan on letting Soderberg leave, there is money for a D.

The big brass balls move by Chia could be trading the Yeti at the deadline, and then bolstering the D in the offseason. But that's not going to solve the low goals for issue, or the PP.

I find it hard to compare the two because of their different styles, but I would take Boychuk over Methot any day. I like Methot, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't have the big-game upside that I've seen in Boychuk. Perhaps there's a little bit of bias left, but I do live in Ottawa and have seen Methot play live more than I have Boychuk.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
how many pages now and with really any legit trade rumors. I am also very guilty of this too.

Well we can talk about stewart again :laugh:
Or atkinson.
+ (Santorelli) maybe

Those seem to be the top 2 player rumours now?

Arizona boys were watching our games but I have no idea who they were watching or who we are wanting from arizona.
Yandle+Vermette we know of but they aren't cheap.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Save us from this madness oh mighty clodefish!!!!!!

Hes trying to create a safe aura around Chia in hopes of getting a deal. Between trying to help us win games, and being burnt out by the lack of emotion these guys seem to be turning off and on, Clodefish can only do so much!!! :laugh:

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Dr-Seuss-s-Circus-McGurkus-1-2-3-Dr-Seuss-9780375830099.jpg

norwoodmustang

Jul 29, 2005
Norwood, MA USA
if Chia is going to make a panic trade right now, I'd prefer Kassian to Stewart. I think Kassian costs you less to obtain and has more upside, and is also younger and cheaper.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Stay away from that move MMB.

Polak isn't a bad defenceman by any stretch but he's just more of what we already have.

I think he's a better skater than Seids, McQuaid, Miller, no?

Trying to come up with outside the box options. He's been a key part of one the best PKs in the league this season, is signed for another year at $2.8M, shoots right and YES... Does the same job that most of the blueline already does. Just perhaps more effectively than some.

To me:
Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Polak
Krug - McQuaid
Miller

Is much better looking than what we have now.

And for all the talks about bringing in an offensive-minded guy, there's also the fear that a player like Yandle (and I'm gonna say Sekera, who has his fair share of shaky moments in the defensive zone) would square-peg into our top six.

Not claiming Polak as the be-all/end-all. Or even that he's the best option here. But he fits in a lot of different ways. For the defense, we could add "the same, but better" and for the forwards add a little bit of skill and a little bit of size.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
To Boston:

F Zack Kassian
D Anton Cederholm

To Vancouver:

D Matt Bartkowski
3rd Round Pick
F Matt Lindblad

-------------------------

To Boston:

F Cam Atkinson

To Columbus:

F Ryan Spooner

-------------------------

Lucic - Krejci - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Kassian
Eriksson - Soderberg - Atkinson
Cunningham - Kelly - Smith
Paille/Campbell

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
I think he's a better skater than Seids, McQuaid, Miller, no?

Trying to come up with outside the box options. He's been a key part of one the best PKs in the league this season, is signed for another year at $2.8M, shoots right and YES... Does the same job that most of the blueline already does. Just perhaps more effectively than some.

To me:
Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Polak
Krug - McQuaid
Miller

Is much better looking than what we have now.

And for all the talks about bringing in an offensive-minded guy, there's also the fear that a player like Yandle (and I'm gonna say Sekera, who has his fair share of shaky moments in the defensive zone) would square-peg into our top six.

Not claiming Polak as the be-all/end-all. Or even that he's the best option here. But he fits in a lot of different ways. For the defense, we could add "the same, but better" and for the forwards add a little bit of skill and a little bit of size.

If we could get him cheap I wouldn't be so much opposed.

I think he's a better skater then McQuaid, about on target with Miller but a bit better hockey IQ.

If we go and grab a couple solid skaters up front and want to go back to 2011 with a bruising defence I could be talked into this.

You're pairings actually brought me around :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad