Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade Proposals: Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
At least our players want to stay here unlike the Celtics.
The "Association" is a friggin joke. Every season and off-season plays out like the worst soap opera one could imagine. Players influencing coaching changes and decisions or colluding to stack teams or play with buddies. It seems like every year the only possible free agent destinations are LA or NY (I guess you can now lump Golden State in there), not because either is any good (Knicks are a dumpster fire), but because they're LA and NY and you can party and sign lucrative endorsement deals in those places. It sucks for cities like Milwaukee that actually had a good run and probably won't really get a chance to build on it, because no one wants to play in Wisconsin.

I'm not saying every pro sport doesn't have this to some degree, but the NBA is just ridiculous.

Reactions: Smitty93 and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The "Association" is a friggin joke. Every season and off-season plays out like the worst soap opera one could imagine. Players influencing coaching changes and decisions or colluding to stack teams or play with buddies. It seems like every year the only possible free agent destinations are LA or NY (I guess you can now lump Golden State in there), not because either is any good (Knicks are a dumpster fire), but because they're LA and NY and you can party and sign lucrative endorsement deals in those places. It sucks for cities like Milwaukee that actually had a good run and probably won't really get a chance to build on it, because no one wants to play in Wisconsin.

I'm not saying every pro sport doesn't have this to some degree, but the NBA is just ridiculous.
Seeing all that drama makes me so happy the Bruins are not like that.

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
agreed, a perfect spot for him, a very good player who would benefit greatly in a 3rd line spot with solid linemates
One of those top two lines needs size on one wing. Kreider fits nicely on either one. Krejci always seems to really excel with a big winger. I don't think you count on a player like Coyle or Kreider to singlehandedly drive the offense on any one line, but paired with a good center, neither guys has to and completes either line.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I don`t follow much of the NBA, just never been my thing although I did use to watch quite a bit during the Bird/Magic years but I do agree, while I think there has to be NHL players who talk with one another about possible landing spots, in the NBA it`s so blatant when we see and hear this player or that one going to a new team as they were heavily recruited by one of their buddies

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
One of those top two lines needs size on one wing. Kreider fits nicely on either one. Krejci always seems to really excel with a big winger. I don't think you count on a player like Coyle or Kreider to singlehandedly drive the offense on any one line, but paired with a good center, neither guys has to and completes either line.

Think Kreider slides into a role on either DK or Coyle`s wing if it were to happen

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Kreider is overrated. He is a very good player but he is not a game breaker - he has a lot of talent but the hockey IQ isn't there. He's worth a low first and a B-C prospect and that's all IMO. He only has a year left until UFA.

All that being said I think he'd be wonderful with Krejci. I absolutely call and he'd probably resign being that's he's from the area. Not sure about $$$ though. But if the Rangers are asking for the moon (and considering they've just fleeced the Jets twice they might be) you pass.

That's fair. He may not be a game breaker like Duschsesnse, but yes, I agree, he'd probably be quite good with Krejci.

Another reason I'm set on him is... I have no idea who else I would target.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
That's fair. He may not be a game breaker like Duschsesnse, but yes, I agree, he'd probably be quite good with Krejci.

That is an interesting question. If the idea is a top 6 RW as Cam said, and Sweeney has hinted that there is a move or two that will be made, who is the guy? Kreider seems obvious because of his local roots and that fact that the Rangers are rumored to be shopping him. I really don't know what else might be out there. Some around here have pumped the tires on Virtanen, but he doesn't really fit the bill in this particular situation.

Reactions: bbfan419

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
McGuire thinks the Rangers are going to offersheet Marner.
Oh please please please. The histrionics would be fantastic. Of course Toronto could use all those picks to draft some defense, who could really help by the time Tavares is an old man and Matthews shoulder has finally succumbed. :laugh:

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC

I think he'd be awesome here but he's not someone I give up too much for or break the back which I have a feeling is what the rangers and he are looking for. The Rangers keep robbing people blind so why stop now.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Imagine a top six of:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Debrusk - Krecji - Laine

Could we package Krug, Backes + to land Laine?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
There is another alternative that hasn’t been discussed, or I haven’t seen discussed. It may cost less in terms of assets, but it’ll cost nonetheless. If the Bruins can somehow find a team willing to take another asset in order to acquire Backes (with retained salary) and then buy him out, it may be the most beneficial way in terms of cap savings.

Dominic Tiano: David Backes- More Questions Than Answers

This sounds smart. How is it cap circumvention? It's comparable to what the Habs did last year with Mason minus the cap retention, which can be argued to be even worse as Winnepeg was completely cleared of the cap hit while the Bruins will still be on the hook for a part of it.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Kreider is exactly the kind of player this team needs, especially come playoff time. The guy is big, very fast, can score and be physical. If the Bruins could acquire him and another big mean winger like Ferland or Kassian, it would be a welcome sight once the playoffs started.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
This sounds smart. How is it cap circumvention? It's comparable to what the Habs did last year with Mason minus the cap retention, which can be argued to be even worse as Winnepeg was completely cleared of the cap hit while the Bruins will still be on the hook for a part of it.

Well as I said in the piece, I don't think it is but I imagine there are those that think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad