Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade Proposals: Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
If GM's are this desperate we may get a 2nd rounder plus other goodies for K Miller

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
There is another alternative that hasn’t been discussed, or I haven’t seen discussed. It may cost less in terms of assets, but it’ll cost nonetheless. If the Bruins can somehow find a team willing to take another asset in order to acquire Backes (with retained salary) and then buy him out, it may be the most beneficial way in terms of cap savings.

Dominic Tiano: David Backes- More Questions Than Answers

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I have no idea if he's available. I just remember talk about him last year.

Usually I "get" your posts, but not this time.
Do the bruins have enough of high end prospects to get Kreider without offering Vak. Or I’m I on drugs for even thinking about it. I thought during the TDL when the B’s “thinking big” besides Stone... Kreider’s name came up .. McAvoy was what they wanted..... talks died . Lol

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Darren Dreger tweeted he’s available an hour ago

I find it odd he’s on the block

I didn't know that. I just thought you were being cryptic, as seems to be your way haha.

I still think it's a fair starting point for a deal. We need to complete that top 6. I guess it means someone would have to play their off wing but that seems like a fair gamble to take since options are likely limited. Granted, I think it's a fair basis from a Boston POV, cause I'm unsure what the Rangers really need.

Vaakanainen doesn't sound bad, either. Obviously McAvoy is off the table in a Kreider deal.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
There is another alternative that hasn’t been discussed, or I haven’t seen discussed. It may cost less in terms of assets, but it’ll cost nonetheless. If the Bruins can somehow find a team willing to take another asset in order to acquire Backes (with retained salary) and then buy him out, it may be the most beneficial way in terms of cap savings.

Dominic Tiano: David Backes- More Questions Than Answers

I might be phrasing this wrong: would it be more beneficial to find another team w a player going to arbitration so they have two buyout windows where the signing bonus could be paid by Boston? A possibility to change retention and thus the cap hits?

This was great and educational. Hope to catch up soon, been awhile.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I might be phrasing this wrong: would it be more beneficial to find another team w a player going to arbitration so they have two buyout windows where the signing bonus could be paid by Boston? A possibility to change retention and thus the cap hits?

This was great and educational. Hope to catch up soon, been awhile.

Yeas it would Travis. But we don't know those teams yet and the limited trade clause might be a sticking point.

Reactions: Flannelman

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Kreider is overrated. He is a very good player but he is not a game breaker - he has a lot of talent but the hockey IQ isn't there. He's worth a low first and a B-C prospect and that's all IMO. He only has a year left until UFA.

All that being said I think he'd be wonderful with Krejci. I absolutely call and he'd probably resign being that's he's from the area. Not sure about $$$ though. But if the Rangers are asking for the moon (and considering they've just fleeced the Jets twice they might be) you pass.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Kreider is overrated. He is a very good player but he is not a game breaker - he has a lot of talent but the hockey IQ isn't there. He's worth a low first and a B-C prospect and that's all IMO. He only has a year left until UFA.

All that being said I think he'd be wonderful with Krejci. I absolutely call and he'd probably resign being that's he's from the area. Not sure about $$$ though. But if the Rangers are asking for the moon (and considering they've just fleeced the Jets twice they might be) you pass.

glad Im not alone on Kreider. the guy is an overhyped Coyle.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
More likely, the return will be along the lines of what Boston received from NYR for McQuaid.
Most likely, I hold Mcquaid in higher regard but not a lot of decent D available in UFA,GM'S do dumb things July 1

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Most likely, I hold Mcquaid in higher regard but not a lot of decent D available in UFA,GM'S do dumb things July 1

True. If Chevy in Winnipeg can't sign Myers to an extension, after having traded Trouba, he may bite on acquiring Miller to shore up the Jets' RHD. Maybe Roslovic for Miller and Koppanen, haha.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Kreider feels to me more like a Coyle guy, very nice complimentary piece but not a guy you develop your overall game around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad