Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade Proposals: Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Who is this Top 6 forward with size? You're limiting yourself severely there. I think you just need Top 6 forward talent. He could be 6'7''. He could be 5'9''. If he is a capable 2nd line (or better) winger, you trade Krug for it. The only thing that player would need to be is a right shot because the Top 9 wing positions are too Left Shot oriented. Your only right shot wing in the Top 9 is Pastrnak.

The reason why the Bruins need a winger with size is because of how the Bruins got manhandled by the Blues. The fact of the matter is that, as skilled as the Bruins have become, they struggle 5 v 5 against any team that has size on the blue line. The same thing happened with the Lightning too, btw. It's why players Krieder, Tuch, Lee, and Boeser are just a couple of names that the Bruins in my mind should go after and add to the lineup that have significant size to them that can get in front of the net and enforce their will, while also being fast enough to keep up with the speed of the Bruins.

Reactions: Fenian24

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The reason why the Bruins need a winger with size is because of how the Bruins got manhandled by the Blues. The fact of the matter is that, as skilled as the Bruins have become, they struggle 5 v 5 against any team that has size on the blue line. The same thing happened with the Lightning too, btw. It's why players Krieder, Tuch, Lee, and Boeser are just a couple of names that the Bruins in my mind should go after and add to the lineup that have significant size to them that can get in front of the net and enforce their will, while also being fast enough to keep up with the speed of the Bruins.

Exactly, after San Jose went down to the Blues their coach DeBoer said something I strongly believe. Basically he was saying smaller players are great to get you to the PO's but you ain't winning shit with smaller players. Racking up stats in the regular season doesn't amount to hill a beans if you can't produce n the PO's. I'll take the bigger guy every time and while it may not work every time , I don't think small will ever work. Just my 2 cents.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Exactly, after San Jose went down to the Blues their coach DeBoer said something I strongly believe. Basically he was saying smaller players are great to get you to the PO's but you ain't winning **** with smaller players. Racking up stats in the regular season doesn't amount to hill a beans if you can't produce n the PO's. I'll take the bigger guy every time and while it may not work every time , I don't think small will ever work. Just my 2 cents.

Pittsburgh won multiple Cups with teams I didn't feel were very big/heavy.

Reactions: Estlin

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Exactly, after San Jose went down to the Blues their coach DeBoer said something I strongly believe. Basically he was saying smaller players are great to get you to the PO's but you ain't winning **** with smaller players. Racking up stats in the regular season doesn't amount to hill a beans if you can't produce n the PO's. I'll take the bigger guy every time and while it may not work every time , I don't think small will ever work. Just my 2 cents.

Smaller guys have a place in the NHL, because the sport is becoming a more speed based game. However a team of players where the tallest player is the Goalie and everyone else is 6'0" and under won't win a cup.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I remember loving Colin Wilson his draft year and then his time at UNH but he’s never really lived up to where I thought he’d go BUT another option. Under 30, sandpaper. Probably doesn’t move the need a ton. Again, creating the cap space is the challenge.
Then There is this:

Torey Krug wants to remain a Bruin — at the right price - The Boston Globe

Apologies if already posted. I don’t love it ; I think I’ve become one of tk47s bigger fans the last several years but a package around the Mantha/Krug mentioned is interesting at the very least

Reactions: TCB

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Pittsburgh won multiple Cups with teams I didn't feel were very big/heavy.
They also had Sid and Geno! In that time, arguably the two best players in the world.

We need to get heavier up front! I'm not saying Tom Wilson clones but some guys who can bang, skate, and score. All about balance

Reactions: TCB

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I remember loving Colin Wilson his draft year and then his time at UNH but he’s never really lived up to where I thought he’d go BUT another option. Under 30, sandpaper. Probably doesn’t move the need a ton. Again, creating the cap space is the challenge.
Then There is this:

Apologies if already posted. I don’t love it ; I think I’ve become one of tk47s bigger fans the last several years but a package around the Mantha/Krug mentioned is interesting at the very least

Let's not deal Krug for a forward he EASILY outscores.

Fat chance it happens, but only piece on Detroit that gets my attention for Krug is Larkin.

Edit: maybe Athanasiou depending on the DET add

Reactions: Flannelman

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
They also had Sid and Geno! In that time, arguably the two best players in the world.

We need to get heavier up front! I'm not saying Tom Wilson clones but some guys who can bang, skate, and score. All about balance

I agree. I was just showing an example of a team who wasn't big that won a Cup.

I want a mix and want some size/skill/physicality added to the lineup. Itll have to come via trade, as I don't think the UFA market has anything intriguing in regards to that.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Bruins went to 7 games injured as all hell
I game was overtime
1 was won 2-1 on an ozone trip

Im sure it means we were destroyed and couldnt compete

I like size... but we would destroy st louis if our top 5 forwards wernt all crippled

Reactions: LouisSleigher

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Then There is this:

Colin Wilson played at BU

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Bruins went to 7 games injured as all hell
I game was overtime
1 was won 2-1 on an ozone trip

Im sure it means we were destroyed and couldnt compete

I like size... but we would destroy st louis if our top 5 forwards wernt all crippled
Not buying this at all.

Part of winning a Championship is being able to stay healthy and look adversity in the eye and beat it and the Bruins didn't do that when it mattered most.

The Bruins didn't win the Cup and now its time to fix your holes and size and physicality up front is one of them. Everything played right for the Bruins in the east when the Lightning and the Caps got eliminated, which meant they didn't have to go through them to make it to the Cup finals. That was Huge!

Losing in the finals just means your the first place losers, no need to be content. Sweeney knows the teams weaknesses and I fully expect him to address them before next years playoffs roll around, and getting some physicality up front somewhere on one of the top three lines is one of them

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Corey Perry

His name is mentioned on these boards as someone to try and get on the cheap. I waited for someone else to come up with this, but alas, I will have to. (it's not a 35+ contract, but bare with me)

1) 1 year deal at $1 million

2) Staggered games played bonuses bonuses

- $1 million for 70 games played
- $750K for 60 games played

3) Staggered performance bonuses
- $1 million for 30 goals
- $750K for 25 goals
- $500K for 20 goals

- $1 million for 60 points
- $750k for 50 points

As I said, not a 35+ contract, but because he is an unrestricted free agent and missed 100 consecutive days, he is eligible to sign a 1 year bonus laden contract.

It's a "prove myself" situation for him for a bigger payday in 2020-2021

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Have to disagree with Hub that Krug is a franchise defenseman. Other than that, I don't think he's far wrong here with what it will take to re-sign Krug. These UFA guys seem to like term too- so, a 29 year-old Krug looking for 6-7 years at 8 mil or more? As much as I love the guy I can't see it. The team needs to seriously think about trading him while his value is high. Again, I like the guy and want him to stay, but what he is likely to want and get in term and salary just doesn't seem to be in the team's best interests. If he likes it in Boston enough to take below the market, okay, but the term will still be scary.

Is it a good idea to hope the left side is covered by Gryz, Vaak, another year of Chara, Zboril, Lauzon enough that flipping Krug for a top6 RW is a good idea. I am starting to come around to that idea, but it is hard to give up Krug.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Corey Perry

His name is mentioned on these boards as someone to try and get on the cheap. I waited for someone else to come up with this, but alas, I will have to. (it's not a 35+ contract, but bare with me)

- $750K for 25 goals
- $500K for 20 goals

- $750k for 50 points

As I said, not a 35+ contract, but because he is an unrestricted free agent and missed 100 consecutive days, he is eligible to sign a 1 year bonus laden contract.

I’d take a flyer on him Dom if the price is right. He’s a big right hand shot that has lots of nasty to his game and is looking to prove he’s still got some gas in the tank. Isn’t Chicago in on him? Would the lure of being on a team that went to the Final be enough for him to come to Boston?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I’d take a flyer on him Dom if the price is right. He’s a big right hand shot that has lots of nasty to his game and is looking to prove he’s still got some gas in the tank. Isn’t Chicago in on him? Would the lure of being on a team that went to the Final be enough for him to come to Boston?

So you do or don't like the bonus idea?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Have to disagree with Hub that Krug is a franchise defenseman. Other than that, I don't think he's far wrong here with what it will take to re-sign Krug. These UFA guys seem to like term too- so, a 29 year-old Krug looking for 6-7 years at 8 mil or more? As much as I love the guy I can't see it. The team needs to seriously think about trading him while his value is high. Again, I like the guy and want him to stay, but what he is likely to want and get in term and salary just doesn't seem to be in the team's best interests. If he likes it in Boston enough to take below the market, okay, but the term will still be scary.

Is it a good idea to hope the left side is covered by Gryz, Vaak, another year of Chara, Zboril, Lauzon enough that flipping Krug for a top6 RW is a good idea. I am starting to come around to that idea, but it is hard to give up Krug.

I don't think its that hard to give him up.

He's an asset that can make your team better and bring in that top six forward this team so badly needs. I really like Krug as a player don't get me wrong, but I put the Bruins as a team ahead of any one player, especially one who looks as if he's going to market himself out of Boston and he also plays a position of organizational strength and on top of that his Value will never be higher than it is right now.

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Corey Perry

- $750K for 25 goals
- $500K for 20 goals

- $750k for 50 points

That's a pretty nice contract. He could eventually bring home 4 mil if he reaches all his incentives, and I think it something a lot of teams would be willing to do and why wouldn't Perry. I mean he's made his money over the years.

It would be a great deal for the Bruins, if they could convince Perry to sign something similar to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad