Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade Proposals: Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
I think it’s absolutely worth it. Not that it’s the same situation but look at Eric Staal. Minnesota took a chance on him and paid off. If Perry can bounce back after allowing his body to heal fully he’s exactly what the Bruins need. Worth that type of deal to me. Let alone something like that wouldn’t hinder much for other moves. But, you have to unload Backes. Suck it up and attach something to him to entice another team.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I think it’s absolutely worth it. Not that it’s the same situation but look at Eric Staal. Minnesota took a chance on him and paid off. If Perry can bounce back after allowing his body to heal fully he’s exactly what the Bruins need. Worth that type of deal to me. Let alone something like that wouldn’t hinder much for other moves. But, you have to unload Backes. Suck it up and attach something to him to entice another team.
I can be calculating this incorrectly, but if Perry supposedly signs with the Bruins for 1x1, with $3.5M in bonuses, having Backes play in Providence next season and then buying him out in 2020 will basically cover Perry's contract in terms of cap space.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I still wonder if a team like LA would entertain Backes + a little something for the likes of Carter or Kovalchuk. Maybe even straight up. Otherwise, it's probably going to take at least a 1st round pick or someone like Studnicka/Vaak. Nobody is touching that contract for sweeteners like Zboril and Cehlarik. I expect something to happen after July 1.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Exactly, after San Jose went down to the Blues their coach DeBoer said something I strongly believe. Basically he was saying smaller players are great to get you to the PO's but you ain't winning **** with smaller players. Racking up stats in the regular season doesn't amount to hill a beans if you can't produce n the PO's.

This is incredibly true.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
If we can some how clear space by moving guys like Backes, Miller, Moore or possibly Krug- I would be interested in Lee or Duchene at the right price. I also think Studnicka is the real deal and will make the team this year. Either of these top 9s would be pretty filthy.

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
Lee-Krejci-Coyle
Debrusk-Studnicka-Pastrnak

Marchand-Bergeron-Studnicka
Heinen-Duchene-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Coyle

If we do keep Krug long term I like the idea of moving him to the right side. He played their in providence and I remember when the Bruins we’re short on the right side he said he had no problem playing there.

Something like this long term

Vaak-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Lauzon-Krug
Clifton

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I'd really like to see a Krug trade for either Mantha or Athanasiou.

Marchy-Bergy-Pasta
JDB-Krejci-Mantha/Athanasiou
Heinen-Coyle-Kuhlman
Nords-Kuraly-Wags

Chara-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Moore-Clifton

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Jessie p needs a change of scenery and giving him krec could be the tonic. He won't cost much and feel the risk to award is acceptable. Anyone one of zboril danton Bjork or seny going the other should do.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Jessie p needs a change of scenery and giving him krec could be the tonic. He won't cost much and feel the risk to award is acceptable. Anyone one of zboril danton Bjork or seny going the other should do.

Literally 90 seconds ago you had Seny penciled in for the second line now your shipping him out for JP. Don let’s have some conversation cause your going to drive yourself (not to mention me and probably others) completely insane.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Literally 90 seconds ago you had Seny penciled in for the second line now your shipping him out for JP. Don let’s have some conversation cause your going to drive yourself (not to mention me and probably others) completely insane.
Everyone is tradeable at the right price Jessie p and seny same type of prospects that have fallen . Change of scenery for both.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Everyone is tradeable at the right price Jessie p and seny same type of prospects that have fallen . Change of scenery for both.

Ok I got a response that is some progress...I appreciate that. Just curious what are you basing your such high opinions of Seny on? I’ve honestly seen him play exactly twice and have seen a few highlights and that’s it but have you seen more of him?

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Ok I got a response that is some progress...I appreciate that. Just curious what are you basing your such high opinions of Seny on? I’ve honestly seen him play exactly twice and have seen a few highlights and that’s it but have you seen more of him?
I followed him in the ohl greyhounds back to back 40 goals. He ran circles over dman . North south skater kapanen speed size to boot too. He jumped out of the pool straight out like kreider. Just lost his way once he came into ahl. Hope he rekindles that magic he had in the ohl.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
I followed him in the ohl greyhounds back to back 40 goals. He ran circles over dman . North south skater kapanen speed size to boot too. He jumped out of the pool straight out like kreider. Just lost his way once he came into ahl. Hope he rekindles that magic he had in the ohl.

Oh wow I had no idea he could jump straight out of a pool like the legendary Chris Kreider. I take it back absolutely pencil him in for the second line RW. Better yet, I doubt Pasta can jump out of a pool so pencil Seny in for top line duties and Pasta can play with Krech.

White flag. I give up trying.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Some kids do come out of minors and win jobs

Jake debust did it recently
Patrice bergeron did it in the past

Some kids come in from overseas

Carl soderberg was a joke on these boards for years

I know alot of posters here want to write every hockey players future out... but theres alot of wait and see

What we can know... is cap management. When we want to predict moves try to realistically manage the cap

Like it or not, kids on elc contracts will need to fill a couple holes

Look at the kids most likely to be nhl ready... then look at the spots they fit best... these are spots you can expect to see kids next year

Myself... i see bjork on the team... hes a scoring wing... hes affordable/zucker is not

I see federic with every chance to win a spot... not saying one will be handed... but we do need some size and this guy has size

I see kuhlman and clifton in our future

It might be wishful thinking to bring in 5 mill contracts but how will we pay them?

Get mcavoy/carlo signed this year
Debrusk next year... maybe coyle/krug too
You got between 17-20 mill in raises very likely

Unless the new guys are better than these guys... keep what we got... fill with kids... rent at deadline

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Corey Perry

His name is mentioned on these boards as someone to try and get on the cheap. I waited for someone else to come up with this, but alas, I will have to. (it's not a 35+ contract, but bare with me)

1) 1 year deal at $1 million

2) Staggered games played bonuses bonuses

- $1 million for 70 games played
- $750K for 60 games played

3) Staggered performance bonuses
- $1 million for 30 goals
- $750K for 25 goals
- $500K for 20 goals

- $1 million for 60 points
- $750k for 50 points

As I said, not a 35+ contract, but because he is an unrestricted free agent and missed 100 consecutive days, he is eligible to sign a 1 year bonus laden contract.

It's a "prove myself" situation for him for a bigger payday in 2020-2021

I'm sorry I was busy Friday and hungover Saturday. Last time I pushed for Perry for the third line it resulted in me ignoring some posters.

I like the idea personally a lot in place of Johansson. Coyle, Perry and Senyshyn is a line I can enjoy watching. Just need to fix that 2nd line RW spot and get what you can for Heinen.

Reactions: Dizzay and sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad