Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade Proposals: Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
They didn’t get it by spending foolishly. Frugal is the word with JJ.

Don't see how that would count as being foolish, but obviously they wouldn't do it just for the integrity of the league and the Jacobs family. On top of that, I'm sure Backes still wants to play.

But if they did.....

They just made mega-millions by making a Cup run, dumping Backes and opening up 12 millon in cap space over the next two years, will help more than anything of making another Cup run next year and in the future. Eventually putting many millions more in their pockets.

Reactions: Strafer

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Is his short game struggling or is he slicing off the tee a lot?

I see Heinen as having a real good short-game, off the tee though he struggles with distance, but he's right down the middle and does all the little things to help him be a solid golfer, but really doesn't get noticed for doing all those little things correctly on the way to the green, because of his lack of distance on his drive, therefore being under valued for his over all game.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I see Heinen as having a real good short-game, off the tee though he struggles with distance, but he's right down the middle and does all the little things to help him be a solid golfer, but really doesn't get noticed for doing all those little things correctly on the way to the green, because of his lack of distance on his drive, therefore being under valued for his over all game.
He also has problems on the green sinking in that three footer.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Ottawa has $33M in cap space with basically no one of note to sign. Are any of the big name UFA's going to want to go there? It would be really tough to entice a division rival to take on the albatross of Backes contract and the cost to do so might be too much for the B's to swallow, but i think they are the best fit money wise.

Backes, Halak, a mid-level D-prospect and a 1st for Nilsson? Probably too much to move unless you KNOW you can re-up Mojo or get a suitable replacement

I like this idea of combining Backes and let Ottawa choose which LHD they want to play with Chabot, Zboril or Lauzon.

Reactions: Lobster57

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I like this idea of combining Backes and let Ottawa choose which LHD they want to play with Chabot, Zboril or Lauzon.
Ottawa is not going to contend for awhile, so the pick and prospect are good for them, Halak lets them move either Anderson or Jaro at the deadline possibly and backes can mentor the youngsters for a couple years. Nilsson gives the B's a capable backup.

It still won't happen because Backes is toast and that contract is an anchor, but i think it's a reasonable proposal

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I like don sweeney a lot but he was out to lunch on the backes signing. I’m surprised he made it to be honest- not like him
I would put more blame into the scouting info they gave Sweeney. That was a terrible mistake. 6m should gave you some top 6. Bruins got locker room material + 13 forward.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
For me, the assets the Bruins have available to facilitate a deal are:

1. Heinen
2. Zboril
3. Lauzon
4. Miller
5. Clifton

The rest are throw-ins or picks but these five are NHL ready and able to contribute to a team. If 1-2 of them go with Backes to make the Bruins more able to address the annual need (top six RW) then you'd hope the phones would be busy.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
It’s going to be a long 9 says. I don’t think the Bruins do anything until July 1st when they pay Backes’ his bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->