Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade Proposals: Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Didn't the bruins already trade the number 2 draftee Hoffmanalike player a few years back?
Hoofmanlike? You mean Seguin?... totally different stories.
It's more of a problem if it happens when you own the player.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I would put more blame into the scouting info they gave Sweeney. That was a terrible mistake. 6m should gave you some top 6. Bruins got locker room material + 13 forward.

I don`t recall all of DB`s numbers from the regular season in the year prior to the summer signing but I most certainly watched the Blues in the playoffs that season and he was, by far, the Blues most noticeable and solid performer and while I didn`t like the term, I understood the signing but Backes just couldn`t get things going in Boston, initially it was obvious that he needed the time to adjust to the new city/teammates/system and then it felt like the B`s just didn`t know where to slot him in the lineup then the concussions and health issues

It`s too bad really but it wasn`t like Backes was coming off a horrific year where it was clear he was on an exceptionally quick decline, thought the B`s could squeeze 2 good year, then a decent one out of him before his game really declined, unfortunately it`s all happened so fast

Reactions: Strafer

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I don`t recall all of DB`s numbers from the regular season in the year prior to the summer signing but I most certainly watched the Blues in the playoffs that season and he was, by far, the Blues most noticeable and solid performer and while I didn`t like the term, I understood the signing but Backes just couldn`t get things going in Boston, initially it was obvious that he needed the time to adjust to the new city/teammates/system and then it felt like the B`s just didn`t know where to slot him in the lineup then the concussions and health issues

It`s too bad really but it wasn`t like Backes was coming off a horrific year where it was clear he was on an exceptionally quick decline, thought the B`s could squeeze 2 good year, then a decent one out of him before his game really declined, unfortunately it`s all happened so fast
A classic all balls out before an UFA contract year. Where the player gets a special training before season starts and gives an all out performance that is not sustainable in order to get one last big contract.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
A classic all balls out before an UFA contract year. Where the player gets a special training before season starts and gives an all out performance that is not sustainable in order to get one last big contract.

not so sure about that, if I recall correctly and note I`m old and don`t have the memory I once did, the season prior to his last in St Louis was close to if not his best statistically but I`ll leave that to you or someone else to check out. He was, as I stated, the best Blues player in the post season and while I`ll agree that we certainly see many in their contract years go "all balls" I`m not convinced Backes didn`t try to play that way each and every shift, never viewed him as a player who picked his spots to work hard

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The fact remains there were were problems with the players and the bruins simply don't recruit/retain players like that. Doubt Hoffman is on their radar.

yep, we can debate whether it`s right or wrong that the B`s brass shies away from those with a bit of a history but that seems to be their approach

Reactions: Blowfish

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
The fact remains there were were problems with the players and the bruins simply don't recruit/retain players like that. Doubt Hoffman is on their radar.
It was reported that Bruins were interested in Hoffman's last trade deadline.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
which is why we chose Beecher over Kaliyev?
What is with this boar's obsession with Kaliyev? Read the scouting reports and you see why no one was willing to take him in the 1st round. If he were picked by the Bruins, he would be the most hated person this board has ever seen. Have a look in the Heinen thread with people bitching about Heinen even though he was only 3 points shy of DeBrusk's playoff numbers. Kaliyev makes Heinen look like Lucic out there. Kaliyev floats around with no urgency or compete. Unless your team has the puck in the offensive end, you are basically playing shorthanded 5-4 when he's on the ice.

Reactions: Fenian24

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
What is with this boar's obsession with Kaliyev? Read the scouting reports and you see why no one was willing to take him in the 1st round. If he were picked by the Bruins, he would be the most hated person this board has ever seen. Have a look in the Heinen thread with people *****ing about Heinen even though he was only 3 points shy of DeBrusk's playoff numbers. Kaliyev makes Heinen look like Lucic out there. Kaliyev floats around with no urgency or compete. Unless your team has the puck in the offensive end, you are basically playing shorthanded 5-4 when he's on the ice.
You might be right. Who can say. He was taken 33rd by the Kings so to say he’s not 1st round, while technically correct, is a bit off the mark. I like goal scorers. We need goal scorers. The guy scored 51 in the OHL. Ok maybe his D is suspect at this point. Like others have said, you can teach D but harder to teach goal scoring.

Last edited:
Reactions: KrejciMVP

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I think they're in a real tough spot with Backes.

I can't imagine him being on the team next season. Not after how the playoffs finished with him in the pressbox.

I also can't imagine any team trading for him, sweetener or otherwise. Not after how the playoffs finished with him in the pressbox.

It's different than Marleau who can still contribute on the ice somewhat. Backes looks like a straight up scratch.

I don't know what they do.

I don’t know. If I’m a rebuilding team, for the next few years, and I get say, Heinen, and add him into my long term plan...getting within sight of the cap ceiling on the distant horizon doesn’t come off as a major pain.

Who knows? Maybe I’m wrong? Maybe there aren’t any teams out there like this? But if I was one of these theoretical long rebuild teams, and I saw Heinen has a core piece, having Backes take some Inconsequential shifts and provide leadership wouldn’t kill me.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
You might be right. Who can say. He was taken 33rd by the Kings so to say he’s not 1st round, while technically correct, is a bit off the mark. I like goal scorers. We need goal scorers. The guy scored 51 in the OHL. Ok maybe his D is suspect at this point. Like others have said, you can teach D but harder to reach goal scoring.
Senyshyn was a prodigious goal scorer in juniors, too. So far it hasn’t translated to the pro level.

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
If they didn’t trade Vaak for Stone, they aren’t for one year of Kreider. Miller although injured and will always be injured regardless of the injury makes peanuts and could be moved at any time, so that’s not a concern. Do the rangers wanna trade one of their good players in the conference. Nash was different he wasn’t the same player, they got a first round pick, a decent prospect, they knew the season was over, they took the deal.

Fair point about Stone. I guess I could come down off Vaak...just trying to get Miller conveniently moved too.

It’s funny though, as currently constituted, not seeing much room for Vaak in the near future...but I guess mostly another year in Prov wouldn’t hurt. At least one slot will open up after that...

Oh, and the Rangers front office loves working with the Bruins...I have to reservations about whether some deal can get done for Kreider. I don’t think they’d freak out.

*of course, I’m planning on signing Kreider to a 4 year deal after making the trade.

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
You might be right. Who can say. He was taken 33rd by the Kings so to say he’s not 1st round, while technically correct, is a bit off the mark. I like goal scorers. We need goal scorers. The guy scored 51 in the OHL. Ok maybe his D is suspect at this point. Like others have said, you can teach D but harder to reach goal scoring.

The kicker here is that he's only 17 years old. Still lots of learning and growing to do .

The other few who have done this in the past are , guys like Tavares, Stammer, can't remember all the names but all elite level players, only something like 9 others have done it at that age.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

LongIslandBruinsFan

Dec 6, 2014
What about trading for Chris Kreider? Heinen/Zboril/2nd round pick for Kreider and extend him to a 4/$24 million contract? He's currently making about 4.6 million so the extension would go into place after next season.

Reactions: GloveSave1

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
What about trading for Chris Kreider? Heinen/Zboril/2nd round pick for Kreider and extend him to a 4/$24 million contract? He's currently making about 4.6 million so the extension would go into place after next season.
Is Kreider enough of an upgrade over Heinen to warrant giving up Zboril or a 2nd let alone both? The main difference is that Kreider is bigger, and a Mass guy. And he's not a right hand shot, which they really need.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I really hope nobody gives a crap that Kreider is from Massachusetts. I want him because he’s big and fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->