Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade Proposals: Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Next years first to ensure we are getting the most value out of the cap during the closing of this window is a price worth paying.

I strongly disagree. You've got two centers that are very productive but well on the wrong side of 30. If one of them gets injured for a long period, or really any bad luck with injuries, and you could be looking at a team that picks at #15. So not only would you have missed the playoffs, you wouldn't even get the reward for it. And in my opinion our farm system is well below league average in terms of quality prospects. The difference between winning and losing is so slim in the NHL and our division is stacked. One slip and you're at 90-95 points and you might be out of the playoffs. Montreal missed with 96 points this year.

Given what has transpired in the past week with the poor return on the Trouba deal, and what it cost to unload Marleau, I would eat Backes contract, move Krejci, keep Johansson, and see if Krug will sign for reasonable dollars.

Reactions: bbfan419

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I dont think we need to force Krug out of Boston.

The Bruins don't have a choice. They are need of a top 6 forward with size while staying under the cap. The best piece they have to even remotely accomplish that is Krug because the Bruins won't buyout Backes nor can they trade him and are facing a log jam with their defensive prospects. However you feel about Krug, the writing is on the wall and Sweeney needs to accept that reality.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
That’s why I said cut or trade...but I get the feeling the B’s like Noel’s center versatility and stuff...so I kept him.

Vaak++ is a overpay. But I want them to take the Miller money, so it lessens the sting of Vaak.

Somebody might find Heinen for basically free interesting enough to take Backes. I’d explore it. I’m guessing there are teams out there way off the top of the cap.
If they didn’t trade Vaak for Stone, they aren’t for one year of Kreider. Miller although injured and will always be injured regardless of the injury makes peanuts and could be moved at any time, so that’s not a concern. Do the rangers wanna trade one of their good players in the conference. Nash was different he wasn’t the same player, they got a first round pick, a decent prospect, they knew the season was over, they took the deal.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'm really just interested to see if the Bruins really get a legit top 6 forward this offseason. Will it be musical chairs again?

You wonder if teams are hesitant to trade a top 6 winger to Boston. Boston will be a team that'll probably be 95% the same and that top 6 winger could be the missing piece.

What Boston has to offer is picks/prospects, so your probably looking for a rebuilding team. Problem is how many teams about to rebuild have that player and would be willing to give them up?

I can see what it may not be easy to get the #2RW we've been looking for on the trade market.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I don't see Anders Lee leaving the Islanders, as much as I would like to see him in the black and gold. He's their captain and I see the Islanders giving him a sweetheart deal to keep him.

Rumor is Lee isn't happy about how negotiations have gone with the Islanders.

Reactions: EvilDead

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You wonder if teams are hesitant to trade a top 6 winger to Boston. Boston will be a team that'll probably be 95% the same and that top 6 winger could be the missing piece.

What Boston has to offer is picks/prospects, so your probably looking for a rebuilding team. Problem is how many teams about to rebuild have that player and would be willing to give them up?

I can see what it may not be easy to get the #2RW we've been looking for on the trade market.

Horton was acquired for Wideman, Reilly Smith for Jimmy Hayes. Acquiring a top 6 forward isn't like climbing Mt Everest

Last edited:

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Disagree. It can offer roster players as well for the right guy.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I strongly disagree. You've got two centers that are very productive but well on the wrong side of 30. If one of them gets injured for a long period, or really any bad luck with injuries, and you could be looking at a team that picks at #15. So not only would you have missed the playoffs, you wouldn't even get the reward for it. And in my opinion our farm system is well below league average in terms of quality prospects. The difference between winning and losing is so slim in the NHL and our division is stacked. One slip and you're at 90-95 points and you might be out of the playoffs. Montreal missed with 96 points this year.

Given what has transpired in the past week with the poor return on the Trouba deal, and what it cost to unload Marleau, I would eat Backes contract, move Krejci, keep Johansson, and see if Krug will sign for reasonable dollars.

This line of thinking is how you throw away another of the extremely limited years of our aging core.

If the Bruins are really that worried about missing the playoffs next season, they might as well sell now.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Pretty sure they aren't going to add any major pieces until the next trade deadline. It's just too difficult to move Backes, which makes it practically impossible to add any salary. I'm excited see what Steen/Studnicka/whoever emerges from Providence can do next to Krejci.

Reactions: TCB

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Kreider's points per year as a full time NHL player: 37, 46, 43, 53, 37, 52. Points in games in playoffs: 7/18, 2/8, 13/15, 9/19, 2/5, 4/12.
Heinen's points per year as a full time NHL player: 47, 34. Points in playoffs: 1/9, 8/24.

I can see a 1 for 1 hockey trade for these 2 players. Heinen fits with the NYR rebuild and Kreider fits the Bruins speed makeover. The Bruins would likely need to offload Miller's contract for a late pick to fit Kreider under the salary cap--unless NYR wants him as insurance if Fox is not yet NHL ready.

Marchand - Bergeron - Bjork
DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
Kreider - Coyle - Senyshyn
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Kuhlman
Wagner

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Just spitballing --now sure if I would do it but what about:

Krug & Backes
for
Kreider & Shattenkirk

Backes and Shattenkirk would be a salary match -Backes could have value as a long time vet/captain to a very, very young group in NY that will need leadership. Shattenkirk could rebound w Cassidy and be a 3rd pairing, only PP guy while Kreider gives us the winger/size/speed combo we desperately need.
This is interesting.

You're getting the Rangers out of a long-time jam with that Shattenkirk contract, but you're also taking the better of the return.

Oh. Taking a look at Shattenkirk's deal, he's only signed through two more seasons. I think you'd have to throw in a pretty decent sweetener to get the Rags to bite on that.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Krejci’s left flank. Jake moves to Coyle’s port side.

Then scour the league for a RW.

Marchand/Bergeron/Pastrnak
Kreider/Krejci/???
DeBrusk/Coyle/Johansson (maybe?)

I'd try to force Krejci or DeBrusk to the right side but that's probably a bad idea.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
This line of thinking is how you throw away another of the extremely limited years of our aging core.

If the Bruins are really that worried about missing the playoffs next season, they might as well sell now.
Pretty sure they aren't going to add any major pieces until the next trade deadline. It's just too difficult to move Backes, which makes it practically impossible to add any salary. I'm excited see what Steen/Studnicka/whoever emerges from Providence can do next to Krejci.
Toronto managed more than ounce to trade players for the purpose of clearing cap space either for buying out or just to bury the contract. Its nothing new, It's been done by multiple teams for a lot of years now... why is it soo difficult for the Bruins to do so.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I think they're in a real tough spot with Backes.

I can't imagine him being on the team next season. Not after how the playoffs finished with him in the pressbox.

I also can't imagine any team trading for him, sweetener or otherwise. Not after how the playoffs finished with him in the pressbox.

It's different than Marleau who can still contribute on the ice somewhat. Backes looks like a straight up scratch.

I don't know what they do.

Reactions: MAINE-IAC

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The Bruins don't have a choice. They are need of a top 6 forward with size while staying under the cap. The best piece they have to even remotely accomplish that is Krug because the Bruins won't buyout Backes nor can they trade him and are facing a log jam with their defensive prospects. However you feel about Krug, the writing is on the wall and Sweeney needs to accept that reality.

Who is this Top 6 forward with size? You're limiting yourself severely there. I think you just need Top 6 forward talent. He could be 6'7''. He could be 5'9''. If he is a capable 2nd line (or better) winger, you trade Krug for it. The only thing that player would need to be is a right shot because the Top 9 wing positions are too Left Shot oriented. Your only right shot wing in the Top 9 is Pastrnak.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Just spitballing --now sure if I would do it but what about:

Krug & Backes
for
Kreider & Shattenkirk

Backes and Shattenkirk would be a salary match -Backes could have value as a long time vet/captain to a very, very young group in NY that will need leadership. Shattenkirk could rebound w Cassidy and be a 3rd pairing, only PP guy while Kreider gives us the winger/size/speed combo we desperately need.
Don’t like it. Don’t think Keider has the fighting spirit character that DS values; concerned about his 2nd half dropoff; Krug is much more valuable to us.

And, I think we could give less for Kreider. The Rags would salivate at the notion of getting Krug. All my Ranger fan friends hate to love him after he so badly torched them in the playoffs. The would LOVE to get him.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

I can't imagine him being on the team next season. Not after how the playoffs finished with him in the pressbox.

I also can't imagine any team trading for him, sweetener or otherwise. Not after how the playoffs finished with him in the pressbox.

It's different than Marleau who can still contribute on the ice somewhat. Backes looks like a straight up scratch.

1.) Bite the bullet for 2 seasons and have a very expensive 13th forward/4th liner.

2.) Send him to Providence

Those are really the only realistic options in my opinion.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Agreed. The problem is compounded by Backes’s NTC, in which he can be dealt to only eight teams. What if Backes doesn’t waive that clause and none of those eight teams want him? I guess that either Boston carries him next season as the 13th forward or he better get used to riding the bus in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca