Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade Proposals: Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
It was very clear that he had something in the mix and the table was divided on it. He was waiting for either the rest of the table to come around or a call to come in. They were the only team to go to 0:00 and not even be on the way to the stage.
I bet something around pulijarvi. He's like the only guy they're rumored to be shopping.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It was very clear that he had something in the mix and the table was divided on it. He was waiting for either the rest of the table to come around or a call to come in. They were the only team to go to 0:00 and not even be on the way to the stage.

It was on Twitter earlier but I can’t find the Tweet.

Basically, it said that the B’s were weighing making the pick, trading the pick for an NHL player, or trading down.

Sweeney is the GM, so unless he was overruled by Neely, if the scouts got their way, it was because Sweeney let them get their way.

Maybe he was upset because the calls came in late and they didn’t have enough time to properly weigh the options?

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
saw an interview with Sweeney where he acknowledge that they were actively talking about trading back AND also talking about trading the pick for an NHL player. Not 100% sure but it sounded like he was talking about separate deals.

In any case if the deals were good they'd probably have agreed to them & not drafted the kid so they were probably borderline.

Reactions: Strafer

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Basically, it said that the B’s were weighing making the pick, trading the pick for an NHL player, or trading down.

Sweeney is the GM, so unless he was overruled by Neely, if the scouts got their way, it was because Sweeney let them get their way.

Maybe he was upset because the calls came in late and they didn’t have enough time to properly weigh the options?

Dupes reported that in todays Globe.
I posted it somewhere here.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I don't think Sweeney was mad that they didn't make the trade, it just seemed like a stressful situation with calls coming down to the wire & them almost walking up too late to pick. He seemed more bothered by his team still debating it that close to the time limit. I think he's happy with the pick, he spoke very highly of Beecher in interviews after & seemed sincere.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
If it was around Puljujarvi, I’m happy they didn’t pull the trigger on a deal involving the 1st.

Unless it was the 30 for the 38 and JP. I would have done that.
you know what, that's a very keen thought, I would be surprised if that wasn't exactly what they were considering. I bet the debate was over whether or not they'd still get one of their guys at 38.

Reactions: Estlin

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
If it was around Puljujarvi, I’m happy they didn’t pull the trigger on a deal involving the 1st.

Unless it was the 30 for the 38 and JP. I would have done that.
I actually hope that wasn't the offer because I definitely would have taken it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

It’s in the Boston Globe this morning

I read it out on the deck - Kevin Paul Dupont wrote

Personally I think it was over a player at 30

They seemed to last minute consensus

Reactions: Coach Parker

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Dupes reported that in todays Globe.
I posted it somewhere here.

Thanks, going to look for it now. To me moving the first for a guy who can play now (first time every Bergeron looked tired/worn in the playoffs) while the core is still elite is paramount over a prospect who may work out down the line.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I think moving Lauzon will be a mistake
If the Bruins plan on extending Krug something has got to give.

Zboril probably has little trade value. Vaakanainen is untouchable which we know because I believe the rumor was Ottawa wanted him for Stone. He will probably take Chara's spot in the lineup.

The wildcard in my opinion is Grzelcyk. He was reportedly in the deal for Schenn. However he has proven how important he is to this Bruins team and how much he was needed in the Stanley Cup.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
if it's in a deal for a legit 2nd line RW that pairs well with Krejci then it could be worth it. It would hurt, but could be worth it (ala Donato for Coyle). Otherwise I keep him because I expect him to eat a lot of Chara's PK minutes when he retires.

I agree, you have to give to get. But I think this kid will be a very good defenseman right up there with Carlo

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
If the Bruins plan on extending Krug something has got to give.

Zboril probably has little trade value. Vaakanainen is untouchable which we know because I believe the rumor was Ottawa wanted him for Stone. He will probably take Chara's spot in the lineup.

The wildcard in my opinion is Grzelcyk. He was reportedly in the deal for Schenn. However he has proven how important he is to this Bruins team and how much he was needed in the Stanley Cup.

Other than Krug, Gryz definitely has the most value out of players that they may have to move. I hate that they have to do this, but something’s gotta give. Let’s hope if and when they do make a move the return is great

Reactions: Strafer

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Maybe I’m a sucker but I still want to try Puljujärvi. He can’t be that expensive, can he?

nhldream

Jan 4, 2015
I’d offer sheet Marner at 11. If you get him package Krug and backes for as many picks as you can, at least 1 first. That forward group would be deadly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00