Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Does Vancouver need PMD? Krug for Boeser? There may be picks and lesser pieces one way or the other but?
They have a very young Quinn Hughes,they're set for a while in the PMD department.
But I agree he's (Boeser) the guy at the top of the wish list
I'd offer Heinen plus,they'd counter with Debrusk plus..

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Why the Krejci hate after this year? Thought he finally looked on the mend after two? hip surgeries. Give him an actual nhl RW and they win the cup this past season.

Think I agree with the posters saying it’s this year or else for this core. Guess that’s what irks me the most about this past playoff season. Just one more nhl level player and they win that cup.

Sports suck sometimes.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
What are the chances TB, Wash and Pitt go out RD 1 or
RD2? TB is still top dog in Division and losing MJ will
hurt them. Very unlikely they win more than one round.
so we are already predicting first round result for the playoffs this coming season?

Sweet, I`ll get started on my research to add my thoughts:sarcasm::popcorn:
Yes, a very perfect storm occurred this past year, unlikely we ever see it again in either the East or West, the B`s did all they should have done with the door open but it all came down to a game 7 and we all know what happened.

member 96824

Why the Krejci hate after this year? Thought he finally looked on the mend after two? hip surgeries. Give him an actual nhl RW and they win the cup this past season.

Think I agree with the posters saying it’s this year or else for this core. Guess that’s what irks me the most about this past playoff season. Just one more nhl level player and they win that cup.

Sports suck sometimes.

I find sports more enjoyable when I don't have the subtext of this place running in the back of my head. I avoided this place last season and for the first half of the season and was surprised how much more I enjoyed watching the Bruins play hockey not knowing that a stranger somewhere is purple in the face because Danton Heinen isn't dropping the gloves or thinks Krejci is a lazy bum who's overpaid.

Just one poster, but I'll never forget the time that Rich Peverley dropped on the bench in Dallas. Players terrified, no information available but we just knew it wasn't looking good and a poster comes here cheering the Peverley went down because "now the Loui haters have to admit we won the trade"..literal minutes after. People do weird weird things when they feel they have to be entrenched in their own opinions.

member 96824

What are the chances TB, Wash and Pitt go out RD 1 or
RD2? TB is still top dog in Division and losing MJ will
hurt them. Very unlikely they win more than one round.

I think they match up in the first round against Toronto again, with home ice again so there's one win. Agree TB will be tough, but they're beatable. Their roster is already not as good as it was last year and they may not be done selling off pieces to get Point under the cap

The metro is a clown show that belongs in the AHL or maybe ECHL, so anyone who emerges from that dumpster gets beat in 3 games.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Even more unlikely that this is the team they go into the playoffs with

Also Pittsburgh should absolutely not be included in that list

I agree it won't be, however it will be interesting
to see if they are better. Looks like it will be more difficult
to hit at the trade deadline given whats available compared to last year.

Pittsburgh has lost in the 1st Rd before and re-tooled
and comeback. They still have a core
of players that won btb Cups. More than
Boston has that won a Cup.

Reactions: Lo97 and Strafer

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I think they match up in the first round against Toronto again, with home ice again so there's one win. Agree TB will be tough, but they're beatable. Their roster is already not as good as it was last year and they may not be done selling off pieces to get Point under the cap

The metro is a clown show that belongs in the AHL or maybe ECHL, so anyone who emerges from that dumpster gets beat in 3 games.

Toronto and Boston will be a toss up. Would you actually bet on Boston beating Washington in the PO?

Reactions: Lo97 and Strafer

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Yes, outside of Carlson, Washington's D is so mediocre it's scary and I also question their forward depth. I think the Bruins are better than Washington at forward, defense, and goalie

Holtby seems to be have been in their heads for years now but they finally beat him so maybe that helps. Beyond them, I like the B’s chances against everyone else in the East (that’s not to say they should be favored or I’m saying they’ll beat everyone or anything, just that I think they match up well with the rest of the conference)

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
They have a very young Quinn Hughes,they're set for a while in the PMD department.
But I agree he's (Boeser) the guy at the top of the wish list
I'd offer Heinen plus,they'd counter with Debrusk plus..
I would definitely give Heinen (not because I don't appreciate him) but I think DeBrusk for Boeser would be a wash. Two very similar guys that I would love to have together in Bruins uniforms.

Reactions: bbfan419

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I find sports more enjoyable when I don't have the subtext of this place running in the back of my head. I avoided this place last season and for the first half of the season and was surprised how much more I enjoyed watching the Bruins play hockey not knowing that a stranger somewhere is purple in the face because Danton Heinen isn't dropping the gloves or thinks Krejci is a lazy bum who's overpaid.

Just one poster, but I'll never forget the time that Rich Peverley dropped on the bench in Dallas. Players terrified, no information available but we just knew it wasn't looking good and a poster comes here cheering the Peverley went down because "now the Loui haters have to admit we won the trade"..literal minutes after. People do weird weird things when they feel they have to be entrenched in their own opinions.
I like hearing other opinions. Even the looney ones!

It’s good to get a different perspective every now and then. Even if it’s completely bananas lol

Reactions: Strafer

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Heinen, cehlarik, Lauzon

for

Boeser
What else Would you add? A first? What would you give for Alex Tuch signed to a beauty deal I think I would do Vac and Fredrick Its a ton but with his size and long term deal. I might do it. I would throw in Heinen and take Gusev. My preference would be Frederick Louzon and Zaboril for Tuch. Just don’t know if they would let him go for that

Reactions: bbfan419

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Debrusk plus
Yeah this is a lot closer.

Unless the Canucks are in a position where Boeser has told them to slag off (for example) and they are shopping him.

Otherwise it’s like asking what teams would have needed to give up for Pasta the summer before he signed his extension. The answer? You’d have to overpay like crazy. We weren’t trading him.

Reactions: Lo97

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Next summer you will get you’re wish, this summer it’s all about one more run

It's early, but this summer doesn't feel like it's all about one more run to me. It feels like they think that was our last kick at the can with this group, and they're turning the page, putting more of an emphasis on youth and the future.

They didn't want to include a high pick or prospect to move Backes. Why? Because the pick is now more important than the cap space. They didn't want to find a long-term solution to Krejci's RW. Why? Because the RW that is right for Krejci may not be the RW that's right for Studnicka or Frederic.

I don’t know that I believe all that but it’s the one theory nobody has considered, and if you look at their decisions to this point, they do line up.

The other two theories are no cap space and LTIR Backes. I don't buy the cap excuse. Dom has already showed that we could afford to add a $4m piece with his Gusev proposal. And I would love to believe that they intend to LTIR Backes forever and make a big trade but that seems like a long shot so I'm not getting my hopes up.

It seems far more likely to me that Sweeney really does believe that two of Ritchie, Kuhlman and Bjork could do more for this team this year than say Donskoi, Johansson or Ferland (or whatever UFA you liked). I've been trying to see things from that perspective, and there is something there...

Bjork was the real deal before he got hurt. A dynamic puck carrier and playmaker in college and Providence who showed flashes in the NHL. I know he's been hurt twice and that's a problem, but if he can stay healthy he can replace a lot of what Johansson brought, at least during the regular season.

Kuhlman put up 21 points in his last 28 games in Providence and looked like an NHL'er when he was up with Boston, not a top6 NHL'er but a 3rd line guy for sure.

Ritchie is a total wild card. I've done some research on him, I've watched every NHL goal and every assist, and he has some ability. He's massive and is a real force along the walls. He's a natural net front guy who sets screens and doesn't get out of the way when a shot is taken like everyone we've used there so far. He has a good shot. He makes some nifty passes. He must be terribly inconsistent because he has the skillset of an NHL power forward, but he doesn't have the production. I think when fans here see him for the first time they're going to think he was a sneaky good find, but we won't really know what we have until 40 or so games and we find out who he fits with and how consistent he is.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Cehlarik. I don't know if Sweeney's inclusion of him was legit or not, he hasn't been very interested in him up til now, but I still believe he's an NHL player and the best shot at making Krejci-Pastrnak work as a line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad