Speculation: Stamkos and Reinhart

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
At this point of Stamkos' career, and with his standing with the team/community, why would he uproot his family from the city he's lived in his entire adult life for an extra 1-2M?

Reactions: TK 421

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Leafs are going to trade out Marner and sign Stamkos when TB refuses to budge off a low-ball offer. Stamkos is a guy I think wants to stay with TB more than TB wants to commit big money and term to him. The gap between team and player on term/cap hit will be substantial enough to warrant looking at better options. That's my gut feeling on Stamkos. Could be wrong. I agree with the above poster who said Stamkos won't leave over 1m difference. I think the difference between what Stamkos camp wants, what other clubs would offer and what TB will, is going to be bigger than some expect.

Reinhart is going to sign long-term in Florida. He's in an ideal situation to get paid, win and enjoy a favourable state (weather/taxes)

Last edited:

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Leafs are going to trade out Marner and sign Stamkos when TB refuses to budge off a low-ball offer. Stamkos is a guy I think wants to stay with TB more than TB wants to commit big money and term to him. The gap between team and player on term/cap hit will be substantial enough to warrant looking at better options. That's my gut feeling on Stamkos. Could be wrong. I agree with the above poster who said Stamkos won't leave over 1m difference. I think the difference between what Stamkos camp wants, what other clubs would offer and what TB will, is going to be bigger than some expect.

Reinhart is going to sign long-term in Florida. He's in an ideal situation to get paid, win and enjoy a favourable state (weather/taxes)
But what would Toronto have to offer Stamkos that creates a net difference big enough to make the move?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad