Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade/Free Agent Rumours/Suggestions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Getting a little ahead . So why would we be offer sheeting someone at 6M when we have any of UV,Zboril,Lauzon and Sherman at a cost controlled salary to fill that same spot?

You're not getting it.

Offer sheet can only happen after the draft.

So it uses next year's draft picks.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Getting a little ahead . So why would we be offer sheeting someone at 6M when we have any of UV,Zboril,Lauzon and Sherman at a cost controlled salary to fill that same spot?
Because Nurse has a very good chance of being a top pairing D, none of those you listed do, because he is further along in his development than anyone you list and because "cost controlled" doesn't win cups, it wins lottery picks. Also they have the cap space to make an offer and Chiarelli will probably panic and make a deal for Bjork and one if the D's you list instead of picks.

Reactions: HustleB and Strafer

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Nurse is further along and better than any of our D prospects. And his ceiling is higher. That's why you make that move.

How is his ceiling higher than any of those guys? You make that move and we have a problem signing the kids who are due for a raise.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Because Nurse has a very good chance of being a top pairing D, none of those you listed do, because he is further along in his development than anyone you list and because "cost controlled" doesn't win cups, it wins lottery picks. Also they have the cap space to make an offer and Chiarelli will probably panic and make a deal for Bjork and one if the D's you list instead of picks.

Seems to be jumping ahead a bit. Especially in UV's case. Even someone like Zboril... Morrissey was drafted 13OA like Zboril two years before Zboril and just got to the NHL and quickly has had WPG fans putting him ahead of Trouba.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

So, Darnell Nurse, who was the 7th overall pick, but didn’t break into the NHL until the age of 20, and didn’t break 20 pts until the age of 23 has a very good chance of being a top pair guy, but Vaakanainen, who played against pros in the Finnish Liiga at 17 doesn’t have that same chance?

Not so sure about that.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It's a damm shame that spot doesn't have a good C prospect.

Where are these Krug trade proposals coming from, just fans wishing or are there real rumours?

Yep.

The team should be focused on competing now, but it could be done with future in mind as well.
Chiarelli thought me to respect healthy prospect pool/u25 core.

DeHaan+7ov Hanifin vs Krug.

I think Carolina wants to get better right away and is not looking to deal too many players for futures, and would prefer Faulk out.

Chia taught you to respect a healthy prospect pool?

Was that right after he gave lessons on overpayment, excessive term, and NMC’s?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

That's a whole lot of assuming. Nurse a Top pairing? Sure he's further along and has the snarl Bruins fans like but top pairing seems like a bit of a stretch.

Chia has a tendency to overpay but my guess is that if there is one team he won't overpay to, it's the Bruins.

This cap space you refer too next season will have Carlo,MacAvoy,Chara or his replacement, McQuaid or his replacement , Heinen and Donato all due for a new contract. Not to mention anyone that is added on this year. As per Cap Friendly they have 26M and we'll add on another 5m to cover the expected raise for a total of 31m. Sounds like a lot of money until you realize they will only have 11 players under contract at that point.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
FWIW Darnell nurse is absolutely a top pairing LHD. He’s not a big scorer but he is a heck of a shut down defender at his position.

Really doesn’t make much sense pointing out Darnell nurses point totals and using that as a reason why he isn’t a top pairing worthy defender. He doesn’t play at all on the power play and all 26 of his points came even strength which is pretty impressive.

I’m sure if he was averaging 3 minutes on the power play like some of the top scoring defenders, nurse would be up there too. He just doesn’t get the offensive opportunities other get.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Nurse ranked 34th among defenders in the nhl in even strength points. He’s definitely no slouch offensively. Considering he is only age 22 he will in all likelihood get even better. He just gets no power play time. If he did he could easily get 45 points a season, maybe more in his prime.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Chia taught you to respect a healthy prospect pool?

Was that right after he gave lessons on overpayment, excessive term, and NMC’s?

That wasn't a compliment on Chiarelly, I wanted him out of Boston.

He's already done the same in Edmonton even before getting any results, I was thinking he could change with a change of team, but nope.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’d prefer to keep Krug and Krejci and still make a move for Hanifin.

As someone posted yesterday, I’m a fan of Backes the person, but the player (+ cap hit) I’m not a fan of. If Sweeney could somehow move him without retaining his contract should immediately get extended.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I dont think Nurse, Hanifin, or Kovy are on this team come opening night.
I believe Krug will in fact get traded. I think one of Backes/Krejci gets traded as well.
I think we're going to see a Backes/Lucic/Klefbom type of deal just not sure of all the pieces.
I also wouldn't be surprised to see Rask moved. I dont get the feeling DS likes him, that obviously opens up a major problem for us unless he thinks he can get PG from Washington or that Hutton/Bernier are starters. I personally like Rask, even with his tendencies to allow soft goals in inopportune times, I think he's the best option for the short foreseeable future.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
How much is John Carlson going to demand on the open market?

I think we all know one of our biggest needs is to add size in our top 4 d. The grand slam would be to find a big young LH D to play with McAvoy this year, but it sounds like it will be super expensive to trade for someone like Hanifin or Nurse. We are pretty stacked at LH D for the future and I think Chara can man that top spot next to McAvoy for another year. I do think Vaak and Zboril will seriously compete for spots this year. McAvoy and Carlo are great RH D for us but after that it is slim pickings for the future. What about trading Krug for a high pick and McQuad for a mid pick and then signing Carlson for free and have Vaak and Zboril compete for the spot next to him.

Roll with something like this....

Chara-McAvoy
Vaakanainen-Carlson
Grzelcyk-Carlo
Miller

Vaakanainen-McAvoy
Zboril-Carlson
Grzelcyk-Carlo
Lauzon

In: Carlson, Vaak, 1st and 3rd
Out: Krug and McQuaid

Salaries should add up to about the same. We add size and maybe even a little more offense as well as some quality picks.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
How much is John Carlson going to demand on the open market?

I think we all know one of our biggest needs is to add size in our top 4 d. The grand slam would be to find a big young LH D to play with McAvoy this year, but it sounds like it will be super expensive to trade for someone like Hanifin or Nurse. We are pretty stacked at LH D for the future and I think Chara can man that top spot next to McAvoy for another year. I do think Vaak and Zboril will seriously compete for spots this year. McAvoy and Carlo are great RH D for us but after that it is slim pickings for the future. What about trading Krug for a high pick and McQuad for a mid pick and then signing Carlson for free and have Vaak and Zboril compete for the spot next to him.

Roll with something like this....

Chara-McAvoy
Vaakanainen-Carlson
Grzelcyk-Carlo
Miller

Vaakanainen-McAvoy
Zboril-Carlson
Grzelcyk-Carlo
Lauzon

In: Carlson, Vaak, 1st and 3rd
Out: Krug and McQuaid

Salaries should add up to about the same. We add size and maybe even a little more offense as well as some quality picks.
Carlson is looking at definitely $7 million per maybe even $8 million per over 7 years. No thank you.

Reactions: Skelen

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
for whatever it's worth (absolutely nothing,), I had a dream the B's traded Gryz for Austin Watson. Not sure it makes sense, but definitely wouldn't mind a guy like Watson in the lineup.

Reactions: Fenian24

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I dont think Nurse, Hanifin, or Kovy are on this team come opening night.
I believe Krug will in fact get traded. I think one of Backes/Krejci gets traded as well.

I think we're going to see a Backes/Lucic/Klefbom type of deal just not sure of all the pieces.
I also wouldn't be surprised to see Rask moved. I dont get the feeling DS likes him, that obviously opens up a major problem for us unless he thinks he can get PG from Washington or that Hutton/Bernier are starters. I personally like Rask, even with his tendencies to allow soft goals in inopportune times, I think he's the best option for the short foreseeable future.

I would actually agree with the bolded text. I don't think that Lucic is ever coming back here, however, and I highly doubt that Sweeney will trade Rask—although, as you mention, it could very well be that Sweeney was never a huge fan of him. (There was also the rumor that he almost traded Rask in 2015 shortly after dealing Lucic and Hamilton.)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Carlson is looking at definitely $7 million per maybe even $8 million per over 7 years. No thank you.

I'd say your looking at 8+, I can see him getting over 9 million a year if he gets to July 1st. Maybe even 10 to some crazy wacko owner and GM.

He's 28 years old, coming off a season where he won a Stanley Cup on a team he lead in ATOI in both the regular season and playoffs. And lead the league in points by a D-man in both the regular season and playoffs.

For comparison, Burns signed a new deal coming off a year where he lead the league in D-man scoring and got 8 million per over 8 years. On a 7 year deal the same amount of money would of been 9 million. And he was 32, not 28, when his new deal kicked in.

Carlson is going to get PAID big time this summer, especially if he decides to leave Washington.

Meanwhile the likely-hood is we just witnessed the best season he will ever have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad