Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade/Free Agent Rumours/Suggestions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
We are starting to see a lot of trade talk, rumours, etc. crossing over and invading individual threads. For example: Grzelcyk and Vaakanainen signing threads BOTH have trade talk about Torey Krug in them. And they aren't the only ones.

This thread has worked for us in the past and I think it's time for a resurrection.

Let's post these thoughts here to keep other threads clean.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Trading Krejci Bjork and 2019 1st to Hurricanes for Skinner and hanafin is a good trade.

How? Huge hole created at the center position. You acquire Skinner (5.7M AAV) who can walk as a UFA the season after. You're taking on more cap for next season (without a #2 center) and Skinner plays LW, a position we are more than strong at. This is not a trade I'd want to make.

Mr. Make-Believe

Does this mean the "Roster Overhaul" thread is done?
In my opinion, it was done before it started. But it wasn't made for me, so I stayed out.

If people want to pontificate about whether or not it's prudent to tear down this roster in order to rebuild it, they are more than welcome to do so in that thread.

This thread is for trade and free agent rumours and proposals as they pertain to the Boston Bruins.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
In my opinion, it was done before it started. But it wasn't made for me, so I stayed out.

If people want to pontificate about whether or not it's prudent to tear down this roster in order to rebuild it, they are more than welcome to do so in that thread.

This thread is for trade and free agent rumours a day proposals as they pertain to the Boston Bruins.

Seems like the majority of those who posted there, myself included, said that roster overhaul was a ridiculous statement but it was used basically for what this thread is going to be used as.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
How? Huge hole created at the center position. You acquire Skinner (5.7M AAV) who can walk as a UFA the season after. You're taking on more cap for next season (without a #2 center) and Skinner plays LW, a position we are more than strong at. This is not a trade I'd want to make.

Good point don’t need a replacement D for Chara.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Good point don’t need a replacement D for Chara.

Chara is playing with his "replacement". McAvoy is the #1 defenseman going forward, especially when Chara is gone. We have defensive prospects who could develop into a 1st pairing compliment with McAvoy. I don't see any centers, right now. MAYBE Frederic or Studnicka could be, but I'd say our LHD prospects have more upside to be what we'd need them to be than what our center prospects do. Also, great you're finding Chara's replacement in the trade, but you're not helping the team by trading their #2 center.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Scot/Mods:
The request I’ve made is one I’ve down before - is it possible for you to collate all rumors, date them and add them to the first post ? Maybe for the draft and early UFA?
That would save significant time and would be greatly appreciated.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
If I had to make a game-plan I would go after a #1 LD AND a top pick (perfect domino scenario)

1) Convince Kovalchuk that you will give him the most money over 2 years + chance to put up huge numbers with a Bergeron + Pastrnak

2) Bite the bullet and go blockbuster with Marchand for legit #1 LD (Slavin (+ pieces))

3) Sign Wagner + some more size/snarl

4) Trade Krug to Detroit for #6 (is it Tkachuk they want?)

5) Miller for pick

Kovalchuk --Bergeron --Donato
DeBrusk---Krejci-- Pastrnak
Heinen--JFK/Frederic --Backes
Kuraly---Wagner --Grittier guy
Accairi

Slavin--McAvoy
Chara--Carlo
Grizz--McQuaid

Pick #6 in the bank​

Last edited:

sleepyh

Jun 29, 2007
Brattleboro
If I had to make a game-plan I would go after a #1 LD AND a top pick (perfect domino scenario)

1) Convince Kovalchuk that you will give him the most money over 2 years + chance to put up huge numbers with a Bergeron + Pastrnak

2) Bite the bullet and go blockbuster with Marchand for legit #1 LD (Slavin (+ pieces))

3) Sign Wagner + some more size/snarl

4) Trade Krug to Detroit for #6 (is it Tkachuk they want?)

5) Miller for pick

Kovalchuk --Bergeron --Donato
Heinen---Krejci-- Pastrnak
Tkachuk --JFK/Frederic --Backes
Kuraly---Wagner --Grittier guy
Accairi

Slavin--McAvoy
Chara--Carlo
Grizz--McQuaid​

Where's DeBrusk?

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

Mr. Make-Believe

Scot/Mods:
The request I’ve made is one I’ve down before - is it possible for you to collate all rumors, date them and add them to the first post ? Maybe for the draft and early UFA?
That would save significant time and would be greatly appreciated.
I do like this idea. I can maintain this if those posting legitimate rumors (not "here's what I think they should do" speculation) can PM me so I can post links to those articles or posts in the OP.

I think the problem we run into, is that there is very little in the way of legitimacy with space being occupied with spitballs and bull***t.

But I will do my best to attempt to discern.

Reactions: BMC and Flannelman

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I do like this idea. I can maintain this if those posting legitimate rumors (not "here's what I think they should do" speculation) can PM me so I can post links to those articles or posts in the OP.

I think the problem we run into, is that there is very little in the way of legitimacy with space being occupied with spitballs and bull***t.

But I will do my best to attempt to discern.

Maybe we could develop a list of legitimate sources? Don't need you getting a million PM's because Jimmy Murphy tweeted out that Boston is talking to Edmonton about Krug for the 1000th time :laugh:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
How would folks feel about serving the youth again? Where does this team finish?

Marsh - Bergy - Heinen
Cehlarik - Krejci - Pasta
DeBrusk - Donato - Bjork
Blidh - Kuraly - Acciari

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Gryz - Miller

Rask - McIntyre

Where did Backes go? Hard to predict where this team finishes. You'd like to think they continue to grow and finish around the top of the East again, but who knows with the parity in the NHL. Honestly, that is a lot of youth and inexperience; I think way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->