Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade/Free Agent Rumours/Suggestions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
How would folks feel about serving the youth again? Where does this team finish?

Marsh - Bergy - Heinen
Cehlarik - Krejci - Pasta
DeBrusk - Donato - Bjork
Blidh - Kuraly - Acciari

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Gryz - Miller

Rask - McIntyre
I think you're playing with fire, Bill.
I like your lines, but this team would need some serious reinforcements when the games start to tighten up.

It'd make the playoffs, but wouldn't get any further than we saw this year.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Nice thing about this offseason, is there are only two holes I see of any significance.

A third-line center who can generate some offense.
A LD who can eat hard defensive minutes reliably.

A no-effort stab at this would be to sign Calvin DeHaan and trade Krug for a center. RNH rumors still out there?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
How would folks feel about serving the youth again? Where does this team finish?

Marsh - Bergy - Heinen
DeBrusk - Donato - Bjork
Blidh - Kuraly - Acciari

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Gryz - Miller

Rask - McIntyre

That forward group with Rick Nash added on a reasonable 1-2 year deal is exactly what I am hoping we roll with.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Where did Backes go? Hard to predict where this team finishes. You'd like to think they continue to grow and finish around the top of the East again, but who knows with the parity in the NHL. Honestly, that is a lot of youth and inexperience; I think way too much.

I think they're trying to move Backes.

Fair enough about the youth.

I think you're playing with fire, Bill.
I like your lines, but this team would need some serious reinforcements when the games start to tighten up.

It'd make the playoffs, but wouldn't get any further than we saw this year.

That seems to be the sentiment. I think it would make for some exciting hockey but no denying they'd have some serious growing pains.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Where did Backes go? Hard to predict where this team finishes. You'd like to think they continue to grow and finish around the top of the East again, but who knows with the parity in the NHL. Honestly, that is a lot of youth and inexperience; I think way too much.

With his luck as a Bruin, bitten by rabid moose on a team bonding weekend.

:D

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Marsh - Bergy - Heinen
DeBrusk - Donato - Bjork
Blidh - Kuraly - Acciari

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Gryz - Miller

Rask - McIntyre

I want better players than Acciari and Blidh in my line-up. Give me Backes (if he's not moved) and another player from outside instead.

And I'm not gambling with Zane as my back-up. Don't see him ever being an NHL goaltender at this late stage. Bring back Dobby.

The rest I'm fine with.

Reactions: Strafer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Mentioned this in the golf thread as yesterday my son and I played a round with ex St. Louis Blues/Caps player Denis Chasse, his playing partner was Cal (he mentioned his last name but completely forgot it), he grew up in NB with DS and the two of them went on to the same prep school in New Hampshire I think he mentioned.

Now, please DO NOT hammer me on this as I am simply repeating what he said to me when I pestered him for inside info as he mentioned he and DS remain reasonably close speaking once a month or so he wouldn`t budge. All he said or was willing to share was when last speaking with DS that the GM is on "the hunt" this summer. Now, hardly a scoop here so I apologize for a pretty general statement but I`ll go with a complete assumption that "the hunt" isn`t for a 13th forward....might be interesting

Reactions: BMC and NSBruinFan

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Money will come back to make those trades happen.

In Krejci's case I don't think you need to take a bad contract back. He's still a good 2nd line C in this league. Every GM wants centers, it's not like he has a 5-6 year contract remaining. It's just that is the return worth losing Boston's own 2nd line C when they want to contend next year.

As for Backes, as has been pointed out, with an expected 80 million salary cap, the floor will be in the mid 60's, and there are more than a few teams needing to take on money to hit the floor. And Backes is one of the better options contract-wise in terms of real dollars (not cap hits).

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
In Krejci's case I don't think you need to take a bad contract back. He's still a good 2nd line C in this league. Every GM wants centers, it's not like he has a 5-6 year contract remaining. It's just that is the return worth losing Boston's own 2nd line C when they want to contend next year.

As for Backes, as has been pointed out, with an expected 80 million salary cap, the floor will be in the mid 60's, and there are more than a few teams needing to take on money to hit the floor. And Backes is one of the better options contract-wise in terms of real dollars (not cap hits).

Ya never know what will happen because they are a dumpster fire but the Sens conceivably could move out Hoffman (if a team cares to take on potentially controversial situation), Karlsson and Bobby Ryan, might need to take some $$ on to hit the floor?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Disagree. I think he goes between 5 and 8.

Here’s some of the better known services and their rankings:

2018 NHL Draft Rankings

Tkachuk could fall I suppose, but I don’t see him lasting past 5.

Power forwards that have “nasty” and skill are a rare commodity these days and teams are willing to take those guys high.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Interesting how low Evan Bouchard is on some of these rankings. Could still be there at ten if Edmonton’s pick is actually available, but it is so hard to say what happens Friday.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Marsh - Bergy - Heinen
DeBrusk - Donato - Bjork
Blidh - Kuraly - Acciari

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Gryz - Miller

Rask - McIntyre
Might be a playoff team based on D and goaltending but it's one and done. Don't have any faith in Cehlarik as number 2 lw and really don't like Donato as 3c. Besides Kuraly I redo the fourth line as well.

Team made great strides last year and needs to get bigger and stronger to compete with Tampa, Washington, etc why go smaller and less aggressive? Essentially starting a retool again with Bjork, Cehlarik and Blidh taking spots that should go to vets.

Get Krejci a legit rw and keep Pasta with 63 and 37. Make a move for a 3c using Bjork or Chelarik to obtain them. Sign Roussel/McKenzie or another aggressive, bigger winger for the fourth line. Resign Nash or sign Kovalchuk for 2rw. This line up should be a last resort if Sweeney fails at free agent signings or using trades to improve the team this summer.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Where is all this trade Marchand stuff coming from? This is why Bruin’s fans can’t have nice things.

We have a guy that has been one of the Top 5 forwards in the NHL the last couple of years and is on a sweet contract...and people think they should trade him?

Big pass.
I agree with you but look at Boston's track record since Sinden became GM, it doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence for Marchands future. I hope Marchand is here for another 10 years but I doubt it. What might save him is his team friendly contract.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'm starting to come to grips with the idea that they're trading Krug.

Only way I'm down with the idea, is if they trade UP. I have no palette for a "whatever we can get"' deal or one for futures. Awful.

I just have no idea where the target lies.

I’m not advocating trading Krug, but if you look at Grzelcyk’s ES point totals his rookie year vs Krug’s, they are comparable.

Krug put up 40 pts, but 19 came on the PP. He had 8g/13a ES in 79 games (.27 ppg).

Grizz had 3g/10a in only 61 games (.21 ppg).

Personally, I think the two are similar skill wise, but there are differences. Krug has a better slapshot, but Grizz is the better skater and passer.

If the Bruins FO thought that they could give Grizz a minute PP time per game on the 2nd unit and it would get him up in the 35-40 point range (with McAvoy increasing his totals as well), I could see them moving Krug. If they don’t think Grizz is capable of that, you don’t move Krug.

Reactions: Blowfish

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I agree with you but look at Boston's track record since Sinden became GM, it doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence for Marchands future. I hope Marchand is here for another 10 years but I doubt it. What might save him is his team friendly contract.

Since Sinden became GM? Are we still living in the 90’s?

Also, the vast majority of guys that Sinden moved on from were over money. That’s never been an issue with Marchand.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
I'm starting to come to grips with the idea that they're trading Krug.

Only way I'm down with the idea, is if they trade UP. I have no palette for a "whatever we can get"' deal or one for futures. Awful.

I just have no idea where the target lies.

I'm not trading Krug to move up in the draft. We need his offensive skills so unless a better and proven player is on the table, he should not be traded.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Since Sinden became GM? Are we still living in the 90’s?

Also, the vast majority of guys that Sinden moved on from were over money. That’s never been an issue with Marchand.

I would prefer the 80's but I was using it as a reference point. If the Bruins don't like your character they tend to move on, and yes Harry's motivation behind his really bad trades was saving JJ a few bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad