Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade/Free Agent Rumours/Suggestions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I would prefer the 80's but I was using it as a reference point. If the Bruins don't like your character they tend to move on, and yes Harry's motivation behind his really bad trades was saving JJ a few bucks.

The reference point is 30-40 years in the past depending on which decade you prefer.

More importantly, we aren’t talking about Craig MacTavish here. We aren’t even talking about a guy partying off the ice and under-performing on. We are talking about a guy being immature on the ice, but still putting up 170 pts in 148 games.

That sort of production buys you some wiggle room. I would be drop-dead stunned if Marchand was moved.

Reactions: Chief Nine

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Here’s some of the better known services and their rankings:

2018 NHL Draft Rankings

Tkachuk could fall I suppose, but I don’t see him lasting past 5.

Power forwards that have “nasty” and skill are a rare commodity these days and teams are willing to take those guys high.

The site you are sourcing here has him falling to 7...

Detroit and Vancouver really need D and this is a great draft to be trying to add D. Ottawa might also be thinking D with Karlsson on the way out and a guy like Hughes sitting there. If MTL takes the C at #3 thing get messy fast.

Reactions: 00BW

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I think like many of us on this board, DS and CN have identified that the Bruins have some major upgrades required in order to compete in their core's window and against the TB's/Caps/Pens/Leafs etc.

Getting rid of Backes is a no brainer. Guy is the definition of dead weight. Don't get me wrong, he's a warrior and if he was making 2 million and playing on the 4th line, I'd love him, but that's not why we signed him and he's here for 6 million and we need to act now. Hopefully a team will try and grab him to reach the cap floor.

We need a new #1LD to pair with McAvoy. Chara is a beast as a 2nd pair option with Carlo and on the PK but he needs his minutes reduced. So one would think Gryz/Krug has to be on the move. Obviously Krug is a loss offensively, but we need the upgrade defensively. I think Carlo/McAvoy/Gryz/New guy can all make up for the loss in production from Krug.

Trade one of McQuaid/Miller. I want to use their money on an upgrade for the 3rd line. Riley Nash + Miller/McQuaid money would give us a decent guy. Obviously adding 1-2 million would be ideal to get a scoring 3lc.

Sign Kovy/Nash. In my mind, unless we make a hockey trade, those two guys fit what we need in the window we have.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
HYPOTHETICALLY, let's say the Bruins get a decent offer for Krejci... also move Backes.

Is there a 2nd line center that is acquirable with the assets we have? Krug+ could probably get us someone decent.

That's a lot of moving pieces, but just curious what some other options might be.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Do what Burke did to Chia with Kessel, and tell him we are looking at Offersheeting Nurse. Offer a trade first, see if anything reasonable can be worked out.

I would go as high as 6 million long term for Nurse. If he was our property, I would be bridge dealing 4.5 X2 years to really see what you have before we commit.

I would ideally want to get him at 5.4 X 5 with a few comparables like Slavin/Lindholm/Ristolainen. But understandably you would need to overpay to get Chiarelli to really be in a bind. Chia is going to want to go the bridge route, while he works on clearing up cap room.

But if you can force his hand with the threat of an offersheet, I would definitely explore that road. Maybe you get Nurse in a trade that doesn't hurt you too much. Or maybe you just give up a 1st+3rd in an offersheet. Acquiring Nurse would let you move one our better D prospects for help elsewhere.

Reactions: Fenian24

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
If Anh is potentially looking to rebuild on the fly, I wonder what a Getzlaf package would cost? Him as our 2nd line C would be sick!

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
HYPOTHETICALLY, let's say the Bruins get a decent offer for Krejci... also move Backes.

Is there a 2nd line center that is acquirable with the assets we have? Krug+ could probably get us someone decent.

That's a lot of moving pieces, but just curious what some other options might be.
In my opinion, the reason why teams are interested in Krejci is because the market for centers, FA and trade, is barren. Tavares will likely re-sign with the Islanders, and ROR is going to cost an arm, a leg, and a kidney. If the Bruins do end up trading Krejci, I would hope they would get someone like Barbashev/Thomas from St. Louis or Lindholm from Carolina in a package for Krejci. Basically, someone not proven but capable of playing that position. Bruins would probably re-sign Riley Nash or trade for a #3C that can move up the lineup in case of an injury.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I know it wouldn't happen, but can you imagine Bergeron and O'Reilly both on the Bruins? The other team would only win 5% of their faceoffs on any given night. :laugh:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Rumors last week had the Bruins kicking the tires on Vancouver’s first-round pick (No. 7) in the upcoming draft. Jim Benning, the Canucks’ GM, was part of the Boston front office when Torey Krug had his coming-out in the 2013 playoffs. The Canucks need backline help. Alex Edler, 32, was their top producer back there last season with 34 points. Krug has averaged 55 points over the last two seasons

Sunday Hockey Notes" For the Rangers, an infusion of youth and a slew of NHL Draft picks - The Boston Globe

Reactions: Strafer

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Rumors last week had the Bruins kicking the tires on Vancouver’s first-round pick (No. 7) in the upcoming draft. Jim Benning, the Canucks’ GM, was part of the Boston front office when Torey Krug had his coming-out in the 2013 playoffs. The Canucks need backline help. Alex Edler, 32, was their top producer back there last season with 34 points. Krug has averaged 55 points over the last two seasons

Sunday Hockey Notes" For the Rangers, an infusion of youth and a slew of NHL Draft picks - The Boston Globe

7OA is where I start seriously considering pulling the trigger on a deal.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
7OA is where I start seriously considering pulling the trigger on a deal.

I'd be more into this kind of deal, if the Bruins could sign someone like De Haan to replace Krug in the Top 4. Or hell, do you flip #7 in a package for Hanifin? It would open up some possibilities. You keep #7, you're getting a serious prospect. Not into moving Krug for futures though...Especially if there isn't a plan to replace him that season. It's just a shaky situation.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass

Detroit and Vancouver really need D and this is a great draft to be trying to add D. Ottawa might also be thinking D with Karlsson on the way out and a guy like Hughes sitting there. If MTL takes the C at #3 thing get messy fast.

I just spent the time to average all of the possible picks listed on the front page of the site and it came out to 5.0555?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I wasn't "sourcing" the site, I was linking you to the 19 (18 + CS Euro) other lists of other sites they have.

2018 NHL Draft Rankings

I'm not a big fan of whomever does their rankings, although he has the B's taking Jack Drury at 57, which seems to be a popular choice for some.

Tkachuk is ranked 4th or higher on 11 of the 18 lists.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It's just one mock though. Yes, it's possible that he slips there.

Oh sure! But if MTL takes Kotkaniemi at 3, Ott probably goes with Zadina at 4. AZ would then have Brady and Hughes to choose from at 5. On the one hand, if the OEL rumors are true, LD isn't a great need. However, that isn't an organization that has put a premium on size either and Hughes has a HUGE upside. If Brady gets past 5... well... Detroit and Vancouver both need blue chip D prospects BADLY in a draft with lots of blue chip D prospects at the top. Suddenly, Brady is all the way down to 8.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
The only guys I'd even consider taking at #7 who might be available are Wahlstrom or Hughes.

If not I don't really see the need, not a fan of moving Krug at all anyways.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I wasn't "sourcing" the site, I was linking you to the 19 (18 + CS Euro) other lists of other sites they have.

2018 NHL Draft Rankings

I'm not a big fan of whomever does their rankings, although he has the B's taking Jack Drury at 57, which seems to be a popular choice for some.

Tkachuk is ranked 4th or higher on 11 of the 18 lists.

Yes, and he is ranked 6th or lower on 6 of the 18.

Given how many teams in the top of the draft need D men or are run by a team willing to reach for a center, I tend to think the actual draft will see him fall a bit. It happens. Its how we got Dougie Hamilton, for instance.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Trading Krug for a top 10 pick which could be a player that will be playing in College/University next season would set the Bruins back quite a bit.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
In my opinion, the reason why teams are interested in Krejci is because the market for centers, FA and trade, is barren. Tavares will likely re-sign with the Islanders, and ROR is going to cost an arm, a leg, and a kidney. If the Bruins do end up trading Krejci, I would hope they would get someone like Barbashev/Thomas from St. Louis or Lindholm from Carolina in a package for Krejci. Basically, someone not proven but capable of playing that position. Bruins would probably re-sign Riley Nash or trade for a #3C that can move up the lineup in case of an injury.

I don't think you'd package or get a package for a Krejci replacement with Krejci.

I think Krug+ could get a solid #2.

My hypothetical was if Krejci was moved to one of those other teams, that don't have a Krug as a piece moving out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad