Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade/Free Agent Rumours/Suggestions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
They'll have a strong top 6, but not a Cup-winning top 6. Need a 2nd line winger upgrade to be a legit contender this year.

Heinen’s 47 pts last year would have put him tied with Oshie for 25th in the NHL. Ahead of players like Simmonds, Atkinson, Palmieri, Okposo and just two points behind Perry, a guy that makes $8.625m and someone suggested adding.

Heinen’s production came in a role that was outside the Top 6 95% of the time. I wonder what he would do playing in the Top 6 with 74 and 46 all year? If he does end up as the 2nd line RW and can equal or improve his rookie production, the Bruins will be just fine.

Last edited:

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Article doesnt make sense. We miss out on JT and Kovi so we add Lucic for "offensive punch"? Those words dont belong together
You’d have to assume something else is coming along with him no? Why would the Bruins be in the market for a lw anyway?

Unless Edmonton is attaching Lucic to any deal for a dman (Nurse or Klefbom?), then maybe it makes sense.

If Edmonton won’t eat any money though it won’t happen. Actually probably shouldn’t happen if it’s Boston. Although I doubt he’s as bad this year as last. 2 years from now all bets are off

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Heinen’s 47 pts last year would have put him tied with Oshie for 25th in the NHL. Ahead of players like Simmonds, Atkinson, Palmieri, Okposo and just two points behind Perry, a guy that makes $8.625m and someone suggested adding.

Heinen’s production came in a role that was outside the Top 6 95% of the time. I wonder what he would do playing in the Top 6 with 74 and 46 all year? If he does end up as the 2nd line RW and can equal or improve his rookie production, the Bruins will be just fine.
Better than the Leafs ? Does Tavares put the Leafs over the Bruins in a 7 game series or is it far too early to project how a series with the Leafs would go ?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Article doesnt make sense. We miss out on JT and Kovi so we add Lucic for "offensive punch"? Those words dont belong together

Yeah, Lucic is someone where the offense goes to die, and makes sense to add anchor contract into the mix.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Heinen stalled end of year and into the plyoffs. I believe he sat a few games during the playoffs. He’s a good player but i don’t see him as a productive skillled 2nd line player. Which is exactly what is missing. I can see him being effective in a 3rd line role next year.

Reactions: Bodit9

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Heinen stalled end of year and into the plyoffs. I believe he sat a few games during the playoffs. He’s a good player but i don’t see him as a productive skillled 2nd line player. Which is exactly what is missing. I can see him being effective in a 3rd line role next year.
Maybe . Inconsistency is pretty common among young players and Heinen was just getting acclimated to the league last year . He COULD take another step next year . Last year around January or February I remember thinking how valuable to the team Heinen was . His play slipped down the stretch and in the playoffs ( no surprise being his first taste of the post season ) but I recall him setting up Backes a lot in the playoffs to no avail .

Reactions: Bodit9

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I see him as a legit 2 Rw. He had a very good, yet uneven season, like most rookies and will become more consistent and knows what to expect this time around.

Ideally my 3rd line is 17-42-43

But guessing that's not going to happen since Backes is allergic to the center position for whatever reason.

Reactions: hrdpuk

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Curious as to why you don’t see him as a productive skilled 2nd line player...when he never really got that opportunity? He had more points than DeBrusk. Do you consider DeBrusk a 3rd line player?

He produced like a Top 6 player without the Top 6 linemates, doing most of his damage on the 3rd and 4th line.

Reactions: Strafer

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Bruins will have a better record next season. Leafs are overrated. JT minus the players they lost = meh , their D sucks and their goalie is good far from great.

Looking as forward to the Leafs demise as I am to the great season the Bruins are in for.

Please note JT analysis below. The one area that will impact JT sooner than later is his skating. He’s a below average skater this could impact him as the speed of the game continues to increase and his age increases. He does go in danger areas and possess high end hand eye coordination. I don’t ever recall watching JT and being blown away by how good a player he is. He’s never helped the Islanders amount to anything. Not sure if I’m trying to downplay the leafs and JT but I’m not certain he makes the leafs a better team. To be honest I always felt Bozak and JVR were under rated and believe their loss will have an impact.

TheHockeyNews

Last edited:
Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

So because he 'stalled' at the end of the year, and in the playoffs, you don't see him as a skilled 2nd line player? Every time Heinen was moved up the lineup, he seemed to produce. It was a short sample, but when Marchand was suspended, who moved up? Heinen. What did Heinen do in that stint? 5 points in 5 games. I also remember Heinen moving up with DeBrusk and Krejci in the Edmonton game, and getting the primary assist on Krejci's GWG.

Heinen is a very skilled player. It goes along with his high hockey IQ. He's a solid passer, and has a sneaky good shot. He definitely should use it more. I don't get how he can put up 47 points in, mostly, a 3rd line role, and not be viewed as someone that should be moved up in the lineup. He would fit like a glove on the top line with Marchand and Bergeron. He is that type of player.

This post seems like a situation of "what have you done for me lately".

Reactions: Chief Nine

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
They don’t need the salary freed up by moving one of McQuaid/Killer RIGHT now.

Thus the more depth the merrier. Especially since a depth defenseman (a nick Holden) will cost you pieces at the deadline.

And it keeps the kids developing in providence which, as far as we’re all aware till camp, they all still seem to need

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Report: Lucic heading back to Boston? - Sportfella

Article goes on to quote Haggs as saying the deal is a "remote possibility". Not sure if it gets any thinner then that. That said I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Especially if the Bruins can get something else out of the deal, and get Edmonton to pay some of the contract.

I have zero interest in lucic, regardless of the money we would be taking on. He’s not a top 6 player any more, or on this team specifically, and I’d rather give others a chance to make something work on the third line

It might be fun for a couple months, i admit. But i don’t think it’s a great hockey decision.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Curious as to why you don’t see him as a productive skilled 2nd line player...when he never really got that opportunity? He had more points than DeBrusk. Do you consider DeBrusk a 3rd line player?

He produced like a Top 6 player without the Top 6 linemates, doing most of his damage on the 3rd and 4th line.

I have to admit he has a pretty darn good release. Perhaps you’re righ I have to see him in that role / given more oppprtunity.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
They don’t need the salary freed up by moving one of McQuaid/Killer RIGHT now.

Thus the more depth the merrier. Especially since a depth defenseman (a nick Holden) will cost you pieces at the deadline.

And it keeps the kids developing in providence which, as far as we’re all aware till camp, they all still seem to need

Yeah. The last two playoffs we've seen Carlo and Krug both miss time to injury. A few other D-men were injured in 2017 and we wound up with Dr. Tommy Cross playing an overtime playoff game. Ugh. Anyone who thinks we have a surplus of defensemen and need to trade one or two just needs to remember those games. It'll be hard for McQuaid to sit in the press box most of the year, but we will need him at some point when someone goes down.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Does the Bruins Top 6 need to be better than the Leafs when they have a much better D, and a better goalie IMO?
That much better D and better goalie took them to a third period comeback in a seven game series.

The Maple Leafs "problems" are way overstated in these parts.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
That much better D and better goalie took them to a third period comeback in a seven game series.

The Maple Leafs "problems" are way overstated in these parts.

That's after the Leafs came back from 3-1 down. One period away from another embarrassing collapse.

One of those things where yea the story turned out alright, but plenty of troubling signs in that series.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Can't help but all this X team is now the favorite for Karlsson is the Sens leaking trying to get a bidding war to get one of the top prospects from the team (Heiskanen, Makar, or Glass). What a disaster if they keep holding out and he gets injured between now and the TDL.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad