Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade/Free Agent Rumours/Suggestions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The only defenseman here that is remotely interesting is Theodore, and I doubt they'd be moving him.
I was with my daughter and her BF when Chiarelli traded #16 & #33 for Reinhart. She knows there are a bunch of Reinharts:laugh: and asked if that was the one ‘you were ragging on in Providence as guaranteed bust’

Me and Joe during the lockout were going to watch all these NHLers and prospects in the AHL and had to double check why a guy drafted 4th overall sucked so bad and needed to confirm we weren’t crazy

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I was with my daughter and her BF when Chiarelli traded #16 & #33 for Reinhart. She knows there are a bunch of Reinharts:laugh: and asked if that was the one ‘you were ragging on in Providence as guaranteed bust’

Me and Joe during the lockout were going to watch all these NHLers and prospects in the AHL and had to double check why a guy drafted 4th overall sucked so bad and needed to confirm we weren’t crazy

If the Bruins were a bottom dweller, with holes in their defensive core, I'd say "why the hell not?" but we're plenty deep there for NHL talent, and if they needed to go to the depth in Providence, I'd prefer Zboril, Vaakanainen, and Lauzon getting a look. He's not an upgrade over anything we have. I don't understand why someone would suggest that, especially after the Moore signing. Theodore? I could understand. He's young with potential to be a very good top 4 defenseman. Bringing him in would mean good pieces are moving out.

Probably the minority on this one, but Theodore is the type of defenseman I would include Krug in a deal for. Not saying Vegas would want Krug, but just generally speaking. Young, some experience, productive, and plenty of room to grow.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If the Bruins were a bottom dweller, with holes in their defensive core, I'd say "why the hell not?" but we're plenty deep there for NHL talent, and if they needed to go to the depth in Providence, I'd prefer Zboril, Vaakanainen, and Lauzon getting a look. He's not an upgrade over anything we have. I don't understand why someone would suggest that, especially after the Moore signing. Theodore? I could understand. He's young with potential to be a very good top 4 defenseman. Bringing him in would mean good pieces are moving out.

Probably the minority on this one, but Theodore is the type of defenseman I would include Krug in a deal for. Not saying Vegas would want Krug, but just generally speaking. Young, some experience, productive, and plenty of room to grow.
It’s 95 out and the Bruins if they so choose to put Danton Heinen on the top 6 have

1. A strong top 6
2. A deep 1-8 balanced defense
3. Excellent G starter/backup
4. Half the bottom 6 in place and at least a half dozen candidates to fill in

Don’t see urgency or weakness

Is the glass half full ?
Or
Half empty?

If you put Heinen at RW on top 6 where his talent plays there is no hole on the second line

What we have is COMPETITION for 3rd Line center that won’t be addressed drinking an iced tea, iced water, or Sam Summer in July

Have to wait till preseason starts

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It’s 95 out and the Bruins if they so choose to put Danton Heinen on the top 6 have

1. A strong top 6

Is the glass half full ?
Or
Half empty?

If you put Heinen at RW on top 6 where his talent plays there is no hole on the second line

What we have is COMPETITION for 3rd Line center that won’t be addressed drinking an iced tea, iced water, or Sam Summer in July

Fantastic post. Thanks for the Harper text it made my day :)

Chip off the Rohloff

Jul 4, 2018
First time poster and long time viewer of these boards here.

I'm perfectly happy with Heinen/Donato playing in the Top 6 and filling that spot internally. That 3rd line really is the question mark for these forwards. We know Backes will remain the 3rd line RW with Heinen/Donato on the left side. Sweeney seems content working the 3rd line center issue internally at first and evaluate the position later on near the deadline.

Anyone watching the Baby B's think Fitzgerald could win the 3rd C job out of training camp? From what I have read, he had a fantastic season in Providence, really developed his two-way game, and could be the most pro-ready forward prospect we have for 2018-2019.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

1. A strong top 6

Is the glass half full ?
Or
Half empty?

What we have is a lot of unproven prospects who might someday play in the nhl and might someday be contributors. If they are rebuilding that's fine, if they want to contend it isn't

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
First time poster and long time viewer of these boards here.

I'm perfectly happy with Heinen/Donato playing in the Top 6 and filling that spot internally. That 3rd line really is the question mark for these forwards. We know Backes will remain the 3rd line RW with Heinen/Donato on the left side. Sweeney seems content working the 3rd line center issue internally at first and evaluate the position later on near the deadline.

Anyone watching the Baby B's think Fitzgerald could win the 3rd C job out of training camp? From what I have read, he had a fantastic season in Providence, really developed his two-way game, and could be the most pro-ready forward prospect we have for 2018-2019.
If they plan to go internally at the start, Donato would be the logical candidate for 3C. He played the position his last season at Harvard and excelled there in the Olympics. I remember his going 8for 8 in the dot when put there by Bruce late in the season. Heinen was a wing all season and IIRC at Providence the year before.

I'm hoping Fitz can win a spot on the fourth line. He showed good playmaking skills in his year at Providence.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
100%. I’d add to a Krug/Carlo package for EK. I think if Ottawa trades him they’ll get a lot more than that.

BUT it has to be a signed Karlson..Certainly dont want to lose Krug and Carlo for one season of Karlson. SO can we afford to pay him at minimun 11 million a season?? He said himself he wants what Drew Doughty got and that was 6/66....To lose a stud in Carlo and a defenseman that will put up as many points as Karlson, I dont know..Fans tend to forget that Krug had the same amount of points as Pk Subban last season and he's definitely as good if not better than PK in his own end.. OK Karlson is better than Krug BUT he's not better than Krug and Carlo combined..I think Krug is very underrated, not only in Boston but around the league.. I didnt hear a single person mention that Krug has as many points as PK in 6 or 7 less games..If he played the full 82 games, he would have finished Top 2 or 3 among all defensemen in points..Remind me why we're trading him again??

Reactions: Strafer and hrdpuk

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Any interest in a guy like Corey Perry, or do folks feel he's toast? He doesn't generate the shots or chances he used to and as such his goal scoring has taken a hit, but is he worth taking a flyer on here? It would be a secondary scoring role, paired with a pass first center in DK who plays a slower, more methodical game... might get him going again.

Rumor had it back in June he was asked to provide a list of teams... not sure if he ever did. Have to think Anaheim would eat some of that contract, and the cost should be on the lower end considering contract and recent performance.

Spit balling.
I'd love it for the right price. think he'd be great with Krejci.

Chip off the Rohloff

Jul 4, 2018
If they plan to go internally at the start, Donato would be the logical candidate for 3C. He played the position his last season at Harvard and excelled there in the Olympics. I remember his going 8for 8 in the dot when put there by Bruce late in the season. Heinen was a wing all season and IIRC at Providence the year before.

I'm hoping Fitz can win a spot on the fourth line. He showed good playmaking skills in his year at Providence.

I can see that. My question for Donato is can he be reliable enough defensively to be the 3rd line pivot.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

1. A strong top 6

Is the glass half full ?
Or
Half empty?

I want to believe. The D looks really terrific. Great goalie tandem. Still the a very good top 6 with loads of talented kids. But there are serious questions about the 3rd line which failed us in the playoffs and has now lost its center to boot. Maybe a kid steps in, but we also have a high mileage 2nd line C who has had trouble staying healthy and no clear-cut 2nd line RW. Top 3 and bottom 3 are set, but I have definite reservations in the middle 6. Yes, maybe we hit the jackpot and all the kids raise their game and we look like the 2017 Pens, but it's a roll of the dice for sure where Toronto and Tampa have a lot more certainty in their lineups now.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

fitz is a winger in the pro game. i don't see him playing center in boston.

Chip off the Rohloff

Jul 4, 2018
I'm cool with that. Only adds to our depth on the wings. You think he has at least another year in Providence or is he challenging Nordstrom for the 4LW?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I'm cool with that. Only adds to our depth on the wings. You think he has at least another year in Providence or is he challenging Nordstrom for the 4LW?

I think the signings made it harder for someone like Fitzgerald to get a spot, but he should be in the mix. I swear I saw somewhere that if Nordstrom is sent to the AHL, his cap hit in the NHL is only 50k? Maybe someone could confirm that but the point is that if Nordstrom struggles in camp or during the year, and Fitzgerald has a good camp, plays well in Providence, he could be an option.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What we have is a lot of unproven prospects who might someday play in the nhl and might someday be contributors. If they are rebuilding that's fine, if they want to contend it isn't
We had worse situation last summer

I pegged them for 105 and third place with top 5 rookie class

What I get was Captain Stone saying I’m dilussional, Clark Booth predicting Doom, Hockey News missing playoffs, and farm system repeatedly trashed citing Barzal & Connor

They end up 2nd 112 points and top rated prospect group

I’m coming right back same prediction
3rd
But Confrence Finals

If T-Fred, JFK, & Studnicka continue to improve & impress they are in a good spot

2020 Cup winners

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
Report: Lucic heading back to Boston? - Sportfella

Article goes on to quote Haggs as saying the deal is a "remote possibility". Not sure if it gets any thinner then that. That said I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Especially if the Bruins can get something else out of the deal, and get Edmonton to pay some of the contract.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY

1. A strong top 6

Is the glass half full ?
Or
Half empty?

They'll have a strong top 6, but not a Cup-winning top 6. Need a 2nd line winger upgrade to be a legit contender this year.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Report: Lucic heading back to Boston? - Sportfella

Article goes on to quote Haggs as saying the deal is a "remote possibility". Not sure if it gets any thinner then that. That said I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Especially if the Bruins can get something else out of the deal, and get Edmonton to pay some of the contract.
Article doesnt make sense. We miss out on JT and Kovi so we add Lucic for "offensive punch"? Those words dont belong together

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Heinen is back to unproven prospect status now?

Does that mean his 47 points in the NHL last year as a rookie don’t count as “contributing”?

This place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad