Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
That deal makes even less sense though. They're moving 7.5M in cap but acquiring 7.15M in cap. The only true player of value they're getting in this deal is Grzelcyk and he'll be an RFA so they'll need to re-sign him. Meanwhile they now have Moore for what? 3 years and Backes for 1 year.

It's going to take a lot more than that to get Alex Tuch. They're not doing Boston any favors, which is all that deal would be; a massive favor.
It works cause they address their two needs Dmen & cap space ($300k) Moore is a serviceable Dman and Gryz is the pmd they’re looking for. I think Stone & Reilly are ahead of Tuch on the RW, so trading from a position of strength. The only thing that might not work is no real replacement for REaves & Tuch. So maybe Gryz, Heinen & Backes 50% retained?

Remember, they’re looking for a Dman first, cap space second.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Still don't see them moving Palmieri for anything less than an overpayment. Hell if I was NJD I'd being asking him what it would take to get an extension and if Greene retires, maybe I slap the "C" on him too.
Why would Palmeiri want to stay when he’s 29 and no playoff in site and his home is in another state

maybe he’s comfortable playing on a bad team renting a condo

seems weird to me but psychology was my third minor

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I'm going into this trade deadline assuming one of Zboril/Lauzon is moved. Both require waivers next season and if the Bruins resign Krug i don't think they want to carry both as scratches.

I'm more and more convinced with Millers health that Moore is not getting moved.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Why would Palmeiri want to stay when he’s 29 and no playoff in site and his home is in another state

The motives of every individual are different. Just because your or I would do things one way doesn't mean everyone else would. We make our assumptions based on our experience, but everyone has different experiences. Without knowing KP's experience though, how do we know what he wants?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm going into this trade deadline assuming one of Zboril/Lauzon is moved. Both require waivers next season and if the Bruins resign Krug i don't think they want to carry both as scratches.

I'm more and more convinced with Millers health that Moore is not getting moved.
Lauzon move I will be stunned

he’s a 6’3” beast raised like veal to be a shutdown left defenseman after Chara gone

he’s playing right side which seems to indicate he will be swing guy next year

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The motives of every individual are different. Just because your or I would do things one way doesn't mean everyone else would. We make our assumptions based on our experience, but everyone has different experiences. Without knowing KP's experience though, how do we know what he wants?
True

msybe he’s a settler and wants spring & summers off. I bet there are players who love being done April 8 and have 5 months off

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Everyone loves Palmieri but whose to say he will fit with Krejci? I’m all for solving the problem at RW but would prefer lower cost, lower risk type of move at this point.

just watch the Toffoli highlight package and the comparisons to Ryder are good.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
True

msybe he’s a settler and wants spring & summers off. I bet there are players who love being done April 8 and have 5 months off

Who knows maybe. Maybe being the captain of the NHL team means a lot to him, who knows. Again if I'm NJD I'm seeing what it would take to keep him around.

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017
Lauzon move I will be stunned

he’s a 6’3” beast raised like veal to be a shutdown left defenseman after Chara gone

he’s playing right side which seems to indicate he will be swing guy next year
call me old fashioned but he's got everything i want in a big body defensman. Doesnt take any crap either. Hope to see him more in boston next year

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Everyone loves Palmieri but whose to say he will fit with Krejci? I’m all for solving the problem at RW but would prefer lower cost, lower risk type of move at this point.

just watch the Toffoli highlight package and the comparisons to Ryder are good.
No one can play with Krejci but Blake Wheeler

Reactions: Top Shelf Wrister

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
call me old fashioned but he's got everything i want in a big body defensman. Doesnt take any crap either. Hope to see him more in boston next year

You're old-fashioned. But nothing wrong with that. I really like the kid too. I would like to see a Gryz-Krug-Lauzon Bruins left-side in the years to come. A lot to like there.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

I agree. Since leaving Anaheim in 2015 he's played in a whopping 5 playoff games and that trend isn't going to change soon in Jersey.

You're 28 years old, had a taste of a long playoff run. Cannot imagine getting the C on a team that is going nowhere soon is a huge incentive to continue to watch the playoffs on NHL Central, all things considered.

Maybe he loves Hoboken?

Reactions: Strafer

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
See I more or less agree with this article.

I’m not among those convinced Kreider will be the piece that puts them over the top, but you will have to pay a price that suggests he will be.

Ditto for Palmieri. I’m a fan of the player, but acquiring a player with term at the deadline will is expensive.

Toffoli is my guy, I think he would be great with Krejci and Debrusk. He’s also played on the games biggest stage so that’s always a box I personally like to check.

I also want to see them add a little more meat to the bottom 6. This is something that shouldn’t break the bank.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad