Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yeah I understood what @BruinDust was saying as I was reading it. Toffoli isn’t great by any means, but he does give that line a scoring threat from anywhere in the offensive zone. Krejci would really benefit from that.

He'd be a legitimate upgrade than what's been playing there and would give the line a different kind of scoring threat. Two wingers who can score different ways with Krejci dishing.

Then that slots Bjork where he belongs on the 3rd line with Coyle and Heinen (assuming neither are included in the deal. I'd hope not)

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
@BruinDust

I watched all 27 goals + 4 playoffs (31) from DeBrusk last year, and here's what I came away with:

1.) In Close = 15

2.) Breakaway = 5

3.) One Timer = 2

4.) Wrist Shot Slot/Out = 6

5.) Backhander = 3

I understand your point. He scores but not much of a shooter and as you said, does most of his damage in close.

talk about a pragmatic response, well done

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
He'd be a legitimate upgrade than what's been playing there and would give the line a different kind of scoring threat. Two wingers who can score different ways with Krejci dishing.

Then that slots Bjork where he belongs on the 3rd line with Coyle and Heinen (assuming neither are included in the deal. I'd hope not)
Even if either/or of those guys are dealt, I have zero issues with Kuhlman in that role. Heinen/Bjork - Coyle - Kuhlman would be a great third come playoff time.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Even if either/or of those guys are dealt, I have zero issues with Kuhlman in that role. Heinen/Bjork - Coyle - Kuhlman would be a great third come playoff time.

I'd much prefer Heinen at that point if it came down to it. I've said elsewhere that I think Kuhlman could potentially give you what Heinen has been giving. 10-15 goals, 30-35 points. May be a little less since Kuhlman doesn't strike me as a PP option. I'd love his speed though.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Yeah I understood what @BruinDust was saying as I was reading it. Toffoli isn’t great by any means, but he does give that line a scoring threat from anywhere in the offensive zone. Krejci would really benefit from that.

I have been saying that all year that Jake and Krech do not find each other on the ice. They have no chemistry playing quick give and goes. Jake scores on the PP or on his net drives individually or deflections - all in tight. He is not a one timer guy and Krech likes that set up play. He likes to snake in and weave and bob and bang a pass that no one else sees to a guy out of the slot area but Jake is standing in the crease.

Toffoli or any other shooter would change that dynamic. Bjork is not a one timer guy, he is not bad but is a place holder for now. I would like to see Seny get a lengthy tryout with Krech like the way Ritchie was gifted it. Be nice to see one of our own drafted guys vs just a JAG get in before the deadline.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

If Toffoli was their only acquisition, I’d almost rather Bjork with he and DK.

Then put JDB with Coyle and Heinen.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If Toffoli was their only acquisition, I’d almost rather Bjork with he and DK.

Then put JDB with Coyle and Heinen.

That could work as well. It would open up a lot more combinations by finally getting a suitable 2nd line RW option. I know some feel DeBrusk isn't a Top 6 player, but I do struggle moving a guy who, regardless of how he scores them, is on pace to once again score 25+ goals for a second straight year as a 23 year old. He's also rounding out his all around game a bit more with 11 assists this year (on pace for 21).

BruinsNetwork

The fighting is cool, but this is more important. Trent Frederic can actually play and be creative/elusive when he’s on his game. I’ve heard for years and years that he can’t play, but the proof is right down there in Providence. This is part of the reason why I wouldn’t trade him.

What other 6’3” 215lbs guy can dummy players left and right, but also skate, pass, handle and shoot like him? There aren’t many. If he had better luck shooting, he’d already be in double-digit goals this season. He’s beaten a lot of goalies, but he just went post-out instead of post-in. He’ll get there.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

The fighting is cool, but this is more important. Trent Frederic can actually play and be creative/elusive when he’s on his game. I’ve heard for years and years that he can’t play, but the proof is right down there in Providence. This is part of the reason why I wouldn’t trade him.

What other 6’3” 215lbs guy can dummy players left and right, but also skate, pass, handle and shoot like him? There aren’t many. If he had better luck shooting, he’d already be in double-digit goals this season. He’s beaten a lot of goalies, but he just went post-out instead of post-in. He’ll get there.

I wonder if he could ever develop into a Nick Foligno type. He's even bigger, but doesn't have the same kind of offensive upside probably (you never know). Foligno was around 21 when he broke in so Frederic isn't far off his trajectory just yet. But I see a similar kind of leader & versatile physical presence. they were even drafted right around the same spot.

Reactions: Strafer

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
To NJD:

Vaakanainen
Backes
Heinen
2020 1st

To BOS

Palmieri
Coleman

Would NJ bite on that deal for Palmieri? Who know what Backes 8 team list includes...

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
If we have what it takes to trade for Palmieri, how about these for lines:

Marchy Bergeron Pastrnak
Frederick Krejci Palmieri
DeBrusk Coyle Bjork

For a top 9.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
To NJD:

Vaakanainen
Backes
Heinen
2020 1st

To BOS

Palmieri
Coleman

Would NJ bite on that deal for Palmieri? Who know what Backes 8 team list includes...

I don't think Vaak + Heinen + 1st + Backes gets you one of Palmeiri or Coleman, let alone both.

Subtract Backes and Vaak/Heinen/1st might get on you one of Coleman/Palmieri.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
@BruinDust

I watched all 27 goals + 4 playoffs (31) from DeBrusk last year, and here's what I came away with:

1.) In Close = 15

2.) Breakaway = 5

3.) One Timer = 2

4.) Wrist Shot Slot/Out = 6

5.) Backhander = 3

I understand your point. He scores but not much of a shooter and as you said, does most of his damage in close.

I have been saying that all year that Jake and Krech do not find each other on the ice. They have no chemistry playing quick give and goes. Jake scores on the PP or on his net drives individually or deflections - all in tight. He is not a one timer guy and Krech likes that set up play. He likes to snake in and weave and bob and bang a pass that no one else sees to a guy out of the slot area but Jake is standing in the crease.

This is why I have no problem moving Jake to RW (if the best fit at the deadline is a LW). He can score goals from in tight no matter where he lines up for a faceoff. I understand why they like him with Krejci, because that 2nd line gets a few more minutes and Jake has big game ability so they want him out there as much as possible, plus Krejci springs Jake for a dozen breakaways a season, so I get it. But again, Krejci can spring him for breakaways no matter which side of the ice he's on.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

IF Butch actually gives him time to assimilate and create some chemistry with DK and not shift him down a line after one shift

I think TT would be an ok add, an upgrade with ability to put the puck in the net, he`s still not my #1 target but my targets might cost more than TT

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
If they aren’t going to hit a hone run with a guy like Palmeri I hope they move a LDman in a trade. We have a abundance of them. Keep the picks.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If they aren’t going to hit a hone run with a guy like Palmeri I hope they move a LDman in a trade. We have a abundance of them. Keep the picks.
toss in the rights to Koko while they are at it:)

Have to think they`ll try to include Cehlarik in some deal, clearly he has 0 future with the big club

Reactions: Tbaybruin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->