Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
How did Sweeney miss out on Julien Gauthier? They’re looking for a right winger with size who can score. Julien matches that at 6’4” 220 lbs who has put up two +25 goal seasons for Charlotte.

Raleigh got back Keane from the Rangers. With Bruins’ stable of D prospects couldn’t DS have beaten that offer?

Scoring in the AHL != scoring in the NHL thats why.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Do you mean as in ability to develop? Then I'd agree it's pretty high up there. But if you mean in terms of quality of prospects currently in the system it's not. It's near the bottom of the league. Doesn't mean it's bad just means most other teams have better prospects. It's a casualty of being good for a long period of time - a sacrifice I'll take.

Fortunately we got guys like Pasta, Carlo, MacAvoy and DeBrusk at lower than normal draft positions which has really allowed us to keep competing.
Yes I take it all into consideration when judging a team's farm system. A lot of teams want NHL ready prospects and we have a number of them.

To me, a farm system isn't just about draft picks and what their position was. It is about how you've developed them thus far.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I haven't been paying much attention lately so I did miss that. :laugh:

That's great, if he's just as effective on the right than he's one of the best fits.

No worries. Hopefully it came off as a friendly poke and not a snarky comment.

Kreider has certainly played much more left than right but he has played RW in the past and he's played some RW this year with Panarin on the left. I saw him score a beautiful goal against Edmonton where he blew down the right wing and one-timed a cross ice feed from Panarin who was carrying down the left side. And Pierre sounded like the cat who caught the canary when he was talking about Kreider on the right side for Boston in the playoffs.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I am telling you guys, the Avs will not be outbid for their guy (gotta be either Kreider or Hall). Rantanen is down, so they will likely act quick. The west is wide open and a team like Colorado thirsting for (playoff) success is the typical team to overpay at the deadline. Sweeney should stay away.

I can see Sweeney pushing hard for Anderson. High ceiling kind of guy. But in case he does not produce, he can be replaced by our depth guys (i.e. Kuhlman) and be let go at the end of the season due to the RFA status.

But it's hard to gauge his trade value. Jackets would probably want a d-men with Jones out. And they obviously like some toughness, so Clifton could make some sense.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Size isn't the problem in the top6, it's lack of talent at 2Rw.

If they get Kreider, with a 1st attached they have to keep Stud, that's my thing on that trade.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
They weren't about to give up Lauzon or Vaakainen for Gauthier.

I seriously doubt Zboril would of enticed Carolina to trade Gauthier to the Bruins.
Lauzon I can see; pretty much a lock for third pairing with a new contract.

Vaakanainen, OTOH, has not yet established himself in the NHL though he may be up next year.

so, in my mind, it would be highly rated prospect for highly rated prospect. Sweeney let his target slip out his hind pocket and down his pants leg. Gauthier looks ready with 2 1/2 years of pro experience with outstanding production. I feel the same for Tippett, btw.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Would the team getting Kreider take him with an extension in place...like Vegas did with Stone last year? Would extending Kreider means Krug is gone?

If they were to get him, my money is on 1st, Bjork and a D (better not Lauzon or Vaak)

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Scoring in the AHL != scoring in the NHL thats why.
But the give back on Julien would not hurt as much as the first rounders, plus, plus, I’m reading about.

Latest rumors have Colorado being the leading suitor for Kreider services with lots of cap room. Anderson has not played in months so he has a big question mark. Opportunities slipping away.

Reactions: Strafer

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
But the give back on Julien would not hurt as much as the first rounders, plus, plus, I’m reading about.

Latest rumors have Colorado being the leading suitor for Kreider services with lots of cap room. Anderson has not played in months so he has a big question mark. Opportunities slipping away.

But Gauthier is not one of them. I think I've read every page of the Trade Threads this year, and I'm not sure his name has ever come up. This is not a player who is ready to contribute to a playoff contender right now, much less as a 2RW.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
Would the team getting Kreider take him with an extension in place...like Vegas did with Stone last year? Would extending Kreider means Krug is gone?
I suppose it could. I feel like they wouldn't have to if they can trim elsewhere. Miller, Belesky, Seids money all gone, they could trade Moore, other contracts potentially with this deadline like Heinen or Gryz. Obviously the big one is Backes. If he can be gone then it shouldn't be a problem. I could foresee a deal similar to the Nash trade with the B's retaining some of Backes. If the retention equals out to what they've had with Belesky/Seids maybe it doesn't really hurt them as much?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

We have enough what ifs. Bruins need legit talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad