Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
It’s literally a full week before the trade deadline. You can’t kill a guy yet for something he hasn’t done when there is still time to do something. I like Coleman a lot. Good player. Slight Overpayment by Tampa but he will come in handy next season with his cheap contract when they have to dump players like Killorn, Johnson, or Palat with them being so tight to the cap.

Palmieri. Rakell. Guys like that really move the needle for me. Toffoli and Kreider I think can be that guy too. I like guys motivated by money in free agency to be big down the stretch. I have no doubt Sweeney will fill that hole. He knocked it out of the parked last year at the deadline. He will do it again. And yes he will add some nasty to this team too.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I don't understand this laughing at Tampa, it's not like Boston makes the finals every year.

Pens/Tampa atleat make moves and try to push for a Cup.

And in the last 5 years its netted them 1 SCF appearance....the same about of appearances as Boston. For a team that "at least makes moves and tries to push for a cup" you'd think they'd have more SCF appearances than a team that makes smaller deals.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
hahahah How many of these threads can we get to before teh deadline's come and gone?

I'd say 3 ~ 5 if standard conditions for temp and pressure; they lose a couple games it will be out of control very fast.

Reactions: TCB

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
So is it realistic to think the Bruins end up with Tyler Toffoli? I haven’t seen any news about him lately, let alone with the Bruins attached to him. I was pushing for the Bs to get him earlier in the season when his cost was lower.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Coleman was a HUGE overpay by TBay.
Tbay trades Foote, a 6'4 220 lb dee with upside as a #3?
It would be like the Bruins giving up Beecher or Vaak and a first round pick for him. No way I do that.
Coleman is a career 20 goal scorer and third liner.
If these are the prices teams want for a third liner, I would rather have us stand pat.
I can only imagine what the Devils would want for Palmeri now, Beecher, Vaak , first rounder and a mid range prospect??
I cant see anyone giving up a first rounder ++ for Toffoli.
This makes me think that maybe we can get a first rounder for Heinen? Trade him, call up Stud and put him on the 4th line for the rest of the year, move Kuraly to the wing.
And what about Clifton, teams are in need of a puck moving defenceman?

Reactions: bbfan419 and TCB

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
well basically they cannot do anything as it stands...of substance at least.

You would need to see Backes get moved first, or at very least Moore or Killer. Then they could add. You could also see Heinen moved out for a guy double his pay and have the other team retain, but no way a team is doing that on a contract with term unless it stinks, so you're looking at a pure rental. Guys like Gryz and Bjork don't make enough to really to move the needle, plus who the heck wants to trade those two? I think they have 3 mil at the deadline they can take in without anything going out, so a rental at 50% like Kreider or Toffoli is the only way they can go (unless salary goes back) and that's before adding Clifton's .750k. (they could demote an additional 1.45mil w Kuhlman and Blidh)

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Coleman was a HUGE overpay by TBay.
Tbay trades Foote, a 6'4 220 lb dee with upside as a #3?
It would be like the Bruins giving up Beecher or Vaak and a first round pick for him. No way I do that.
Coleman is a career 20 goal scorer and third liner.
If these are the prices teams want for a third liner, I would rather have us stand pat.
I can only imagine what the Devils would want for Palmeri now, Beecher, Vaak , first rounder and a mid range prospect??
I cant see anyone giving up a first rounder ++ for Toffoli.
This makes me think that maybe we can get a first rounder for Heinen? Trade him, call up Stud and put him on the 4th line for the rest of the year, move Kuraly to the wing.
And what about Clifton, teams are in need of a puck moving defenceman?

You're thinking of his brother Cal Foote. Nolan Foote is a 6'4 LW goal scorer.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
well basically they cannot do anything as it stands...of substance at least.

You would need to see Backes get moved first, or at very least Moore or Killer. Then they could add. You could also see Heinen moved out for a guy double his pay and have the other team retain, but no way a team is doing that on a contract with term unless it stinks, so you're looking at a pure rental. Guys like Gryz and Bjork don't make enough to really to move the needle, plus who the heck wants to trade those two? I think they have 3 mil at the deadline they can take in without anything going out, so a rental at 50% like Kreider or Toffoli is the only way they can go (unless salary goes back) and that's before adding Clifton's .750k. (they could demote an additional 1.45mil w Kuhlman and Blidh)
I could be wrong and really need someone like @lost peanut to weigh in on this but my understanding is that with the way cap hits are pro-rated they can fit pretty much any of their intended targets without moving salary out this year. Anyone with term would obviously be a different story as they would need to get right before next season.

I think if you go to capfriendly and look at a guy like Toffoli for example, the number to look at is "remaining daily cap hit", which as of right now is $1,187,097: Tyler Toffoli - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

I think it was Dom that made a good post a few weeks ago that showed that the cap hit of several players at the time was a lot higher than it would be at deadline day, suggesting that Sweeney will likely take it down to the wire to maximize savings.

However, as I understand it, all of this depends on Miller staying on LTIR and that's still not as good as having the actual cap space because of things like potential bonus overages, etc.

Anyway, I'm not too concerned about them being able to make it work cap-wise. Dom seems to have absolute confidence in Evan Gold and I think they have enough wiggle room to fit any prorated cap hit they want. The biggest challenge is going to be fitting guys with term starting next year and outbidding their competition for the guy(s) they want.

I am definitely more worried about them being outbid on a player than I am about them being able to make the cap work.

Reactions: bbfan419

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Am I the only one who feels Coleman could be this years Deadline Dzingel? Good role player gets big minutes on poor club, goes to legit contender minutes and production go down?

Not the Coleman I have watched the past two seasons. he's the type of guy that will score a game 7 GW IMO. he relishes any role he is in.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I could be wrong and really need someone like @lost peanut to weigh in on this but my understanding is that with the way cap hits are pro-rated they can fit pretty much any of their intended targets without moving salary out this year. Anyone with term would obviously be a different story as they would need to get right before next season.

I think if you go to capfriendly and look at a guy like Toffoli for example, the number to look at is "remaining daily cap hit", which as of right now is $1,187,097: Tyler Toffoli - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

I think it was Dom that made a good post a few weeks ago that showed that the cap hit of several players at the time was a lot higher than it would be at deadline day, suggesting that Sweeney will likely take it down to the wire to maximize savings.

However, as I understand it, all of this depends on Miller staying on LTIR and that's still not as good as having the actual cap space because of things like potential bonus overages, etc.

Anyway, I'm not too concerned about them being able to make it work cap-wise. Dom seems to have absolute confidence in Evan Gold and I think they have enough wiggle room to fit any prorated cap hit they want. The biggest challenge is going to be fitting guys with term starting next year and outbidding their competition for the guy(s) they want.

I am definitely more worried about them being outbid on a player than I am about them being able to make the cap work.

I thought CapFriendly just listed those numbers in salary terms to dumb it down for people like me...Guessing they didn't dumb it down enough lol.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I thought CapFriendly just listed those numbers in salary terms to dumb it down for people like me...Guessing they didn't dumb it down enough lol.
I could be totally wrong so take it with a grain of salt. I'm no CBA expert.

But it makes sense to me. If you trade for a guy and only have him for 20 games then why should you be responsible for his entire cap hit?

FREDERIC82FAN

Adherent of JOHNNY V fanclub
Oct 9, 2017
The panthers are looking more and more like they won't make it this year. I agree with those who have a natural right winger first on our needs. I think Mike Hoffman or Evgeni Dadonov would look good on our second line.

Reactions: lopey

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

But it makes sense to me. If you trade for a guy and only have him for 20 games then why should you be responsible for his entire cap hit?

I agree with that, and I know it works different, but I thought capfriendly used total salary for the year in the "deadline" part so idiots like me would just be able to glance at it lol.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The panthers are looking more and more like they won't make it this year. I agree with those who have a natural right winger first on our needs. I think Mike Hoffman or Evgeni Dadonov would look good on our second line.

Hoffman a left-shot but would love to see that one-timer of his in a Bruin uni.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Cap is calculated daily. So a good rule of thumb is a players cap hit at the deadline is about 1/4 of its normal value. Trade deadline day is just about 3/4 of the season.

So an 8 million dollar guy really carries a 2 million cap hit.

****This only applies for expiring contracts.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Cap is calculated daily. So a good rule of thumb is a players cap hit at the deadline is about 1/4 of its normal value. Trade deadline day is just about 3/4 of the season.

So an 8 million dollar guy really carries a 2 million cap hit.

****This only applies for expiring contracts.
I am pretty sure it applies to all contracts. What makes you think otherwise?

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003

Cap is calculated daily and accrued daily.
Given the Bruins current cap situation, they need to move out some money, to add.
Miller's LTIR gives them relief, but nothing substantive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad