Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Perspective. Was Kovalchuk a disaster last night? No. Did he look like an impact 2nd line forward that this Bruins team clearly needed during last seasons playoffs? No.

One problem that persists for Kovy is his long shifts.

Played 20:17 last night. Danault was second among forward with 18:33. But Danault had 26 shifts, Kovy only 20. Five of his last six games he's been over 20 minutes.

That won't fly under Cassidy.

Reactions: bbfan419

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Played 20:17 last night. Danault was second among forward with 18:33. But Danault had 26 shifts, Kovy only 20. Five of his last six games he's been over 20 minutes.

Didnt you say he was finished last month?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Unfortunately hes forced to play with domi and drouin who can't set up or finish anything. Kovalchuk could have had at least 2 assists i thought last night

I thought he passed up a shot in favor of passing, on a couple of different occasions but he did show that he can still be an offensive weapon.

With-that though Id pass unless the Canadiens are willing to take back a Journeyman AHLer.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

beat me to it, along with me not wanting any part of Kovalchuk, 2 separate occasions it was obvious he was completely out of gas but on both of those occasions, the puck was starting to transition to the offensive zone and he was on the side where an easy change could be made and he zipped right by the bench.

just don`t see him being a good fit here

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I assume if we do make a deal before the deadline (ex. Coyle trade) itll be done by Tuesday before the west canada trip. Sunday is there last game on the east coast before the deadline

They traded for Coyle last year while they were in Vegas on a west coast trip, so it's entirely possible they do that again.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I thought he passed up a shot in favor of passing, on a couple of different occasions but he did show that he can still be an offensive weapon.

With-that though Id pass unless the Canadiens are willing to take back a Journeyman AHLer.

Hes the least expensive rental for a cup contending team..all depends how much the bruins want to give up for kreider Palmeri Taffoli etc

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
beat me to it, along with me not wanting any part of Kovalchuk, 2 separate occasions it was obvious he was completely out of gas but on both of those occasions, the puck was starting to transition to the offensive zone and he was on the side where an easy change could be made and he zipped right by the bench.

just don`t see him being a good fit here

If he was only half of Heinens talent

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Hes the least expensive rental for a cup contending team..all depends how much the bruins want to give up for kreider Palmeri Taffoli etc
Thats to be determined. Reports a week ago out of Montreal was they were looking for a 2nd.

Like I said no way I'd help the Canadiens out, when there's other options out-there. Not a chance!

Unless they want that career AHLer. Its not like he's the only player available, if they want a pick their getting from someone else.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Bodit9

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I’m just trying to read between the lines.

I’m assuming Hall had to waive his NTC in Edmonton to move to NJ. Has MVP season in NJ then allegedly balks at resigning due to wanting to test free agency.

Hall didn't have an NTC when he got traded. He wouldn't have been eligible for one at that point in his contract anyway.
IF, Hall considers Arizona a contender, would he not already be negotiating a new contract?

It was widely reported that both parties were going to wait till closer to the end of the season before negotiations.

If I’m Arizona I bluntly ask Hall if he has any interest in resigning. If not, ship him at the deadline and recoup those assets.

The new owner and Chayka met with his agent within the last week. This was also widely reported.
If Arizona continues to lose I think Hall gets traded

I understand where you're coming from and the logic makes sense...if we didn't already have the information out there about what Arizona is deciding to do. They seem perfectly content to let him walk for nothing if it happens because they want to take their shot and re-signing him as long as they hold his rights. And, as long as they do, only they can offer him an 8-year deal which gives them a leg-up in the negotiations.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Re: Hoffman, there is chatter that Dale Tallon wants to upgrade his D, someone to pair with Ekblad, and that Hoffman is potentially being dangled.

Reactions: TCB

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Thats to be determined. Reports a week ago out of Montreal was they were looking for a 2nd.

Like I said no way I'd help the Canadiens out, when there's other options out-there. Not a chance!

Unless they want that career AHLer. Its not like he's the only player available, if they want a pick their getting from someone else.

Giving up a 1st round, prospect and conditional pick for kreider or palmeri makes me more nervous than a late 2nd

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I think that they dont have a good chance to sign him. Hall is one of the best in the league and only sniffed the playoffs for 5 games in all those years. He is 28 years old now. This is the first team he really can choose his own destiny. No doubt he wants to go to an contender. The question is which one has the cap and space for him in the lineup. Arizona for me has just to many question marks

I understand all this. I'm not saying he will re-sign with the Coyotes. I'm saying that it has been reported that Arizona wants to hold on to him despite their playoff status in an attempt to convince him to re-sign. And they have additional leverage with being able to offer that extra year.

My point is that everyone in here is just being hopeful, not making predictions on the most current information that we have. People are speculating based on ignorance.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
What's the deal with Hoffman? Very productive offensively but seems to have a stain on him.
He's great offensively and can obviously score a ton of goals. Bad defensive impacts. The "stain" is the result of people who took the initial story at face value and never bothered to read any of the legal analysis of the proceedings when his girlfriend and the Karlssons went to court.

Reactions: Lo97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad