Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
Timo Meier would be a dream scenario, too good to be true unless they give up studs or debrusk (or convince the Sharks that frederic isnt going to be usless.
1st, conditional 2nd/1st (for Backes) Bjork, Heinen, Lauzon and Backes for Meier? How do you even pull this off?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
And since most (all?) of us got a good long look at Kovy last night, what was the opinion? Worth making a move for or not?

I remain unconvinced -- plus I don't want to pay the Boston Bruins Surcharge that the Habs would likely require.
I thought he looked solid. Still an explosive skater.

I will say I noticed he through his line mates off sides various times last night. Not a major critique. Just something I noticed.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
And since most (all?) of us got a good long look at Kovy last night, what was the opinion? Worth making a move for or not?

I remain unconvinced -- plus I don't want to pay the Boston Bruins Surcharge that the Habs would likely require.
I barely noticed him last night. Seemed he checked out of the game before opening puck drop. Hard pass on Kovalchuk.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Really interesting. Just in past four or five posts almost exact split of people who think Kovy looked sub-par and people who think he looked overall good last night. It's why this stuff is so hard to get a read on.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Rumor had it NJ moved Hall because he wanted to test free agency and his alleged desire to play for a contender. Is it possible he considers Arizona a contender? If they know he’s going to July 1st would it be wise to move him for assets to a playoff team? They could still make him an offer on July 1st

Reactions: LSCII

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Really interesting. Just in past four or five posts almost exact split of people who think Kovy looked sub-par and people who think he looked overall good last night. It's why this stuff is so hard to get a read on.
Perspective. Was Kovalchuk a disaster last night? No. Did he look like an impact 2nd line forward that this Bruins team clearly needed during last seasons playoffs? No.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Alright, lets get real then. NYR trying to sign Krieder, Imo its PR, but the price is too high to acquire. So lets get these guys.

In:
Taffoli - 2nd 2020, 2021 4th, Hienen
Vesey - 4th 2020
Goodrow - 2020 3rd (Cal), Fitzgerald

Out:
John Moore to Cal - 3rd and 5th 2020
Hienen

63-37-88
74-46-Taffoli
10-13-Vesey
14-52-Goodrow
83-20-81-26

33-73
25-47
48-79
75-44-86-Vak9

Lets go win the cup...

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Alright, lets get real then. NYR trying to sign Krieder, Imo its PR, but the price is too high. So lets get these guys.

In:
Taffoli - 2nd 2020, 2021 4th, Hienen
Vesey - 4th 2020
Goodrow - 2020 3rd (Cal), Fitzgerald

Out:
John Moore to Cal - 3rd and 5th 2020
Hienen

63-37-88
74-46-Taffoli
10-13-Vesey
14-52-Goodrow
83-20-81-26

33-73
25-47
48-79
75-44-86-Vak9

Lets go win the cup...

Overpayment for Toffoli. Don't need Vesey nor do I want. Don't mind Goodrow.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Rumor had it NJ moved Hall because he wanted to test free agency and his alleged desire to play for a contender. Is it possible he considers Arizona a contender? If they know he’s going to July 1st would it be wise to move him for assets to a playoff team? They could still make him an offer on July 1st

They can't offer him an 8-year deal if that happens. All of the insiders are saying that unless someone really blows them away, the Coyotes are hanging on to Hall to try to get him to re-sign.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I don't want Kovalchuk. I don't want those guys to get assets from a guy the Bruins could have had for free a few months ago. Yeah, maybe it's the cost of the test drive but I don't like it's the habs. At all. There are other players to spend assets on. IMO.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
They can't offer him an 8-year deal if that happens. All of the insiders are saying that unless someone really blows them away, the Coyotes are hanging on to Hall to try to get him to re-sign.

I think that they dont have a good chance to sign him. Hall is one of the best in the league and only sniffed the playoffs for 5 games in all those years. He is 28 years old now. This is the first team he really can choose his own destiny. No doubt he wants to go to an contender. The question is which one has the cap and space for him in the lineup. Arizona for me has just to many question marks

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
My take as well. One or two nice passes, but several defensive lapses. Think he would Struggle with this team's commitment to team defense. Hard pass from me.
did absolutely nothing vs a good Bruins team, did zippo to entice me to make any deal involving him. I`m all up for making a trade, just think he`d be more Jagr than Coyle for the B`s

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’m just trying to read between the lines.

I’m assuming Hall had to waive his NTC in Edmonton to move to NJ. Has MVP season in NJ then allegedly balks at resigning due to wanting to test free agency. Rumors that at this stage in his career he wants to play for a contender. He gets to Arizona and they’ve done nothing but stunk up the desert.
IF, Hall considers Arizona a contender, would he not already be negotiating a new contract?

If I’m Arizona I bluntly ask Hall if he has any interest in resigning. If not, ship him at the deadline and recoup those assets.

If Arizona continues to lose I think Hall gets traded

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If I’m Arizona I bluntly ask Hall if he has any interest in resigning. If not, ship him at the deadline and recoup those assets.

Not a good look for Hall, is it? It would be his 4th team and 3rd in 3 years. For a player of his talent that should make any team cautious.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I’m just trying to read between the lines.

I’m assuming Hall had to waive his NTC in Edmonton to move to NJ. Has MVP season in NJ then allegedly balks at resigning due to wanting to test free agency. Rumors that at this stage in his career he wants to play for a contender. He gets to Arizona and they’ve done nothing but stunk up the desert.
IF, Hall considers Arizona a contender, would he not already be negotiating a new contract?

He didn't have a no-trade clause.

Reactions: Lo97

KingKrug47

May 21, 2019
I assume if we do make a deal before the deadline (ex. Coyle trade) itll be done by Tuesday before the west canada trip. Sunday is there last game on the east coast before the deadline

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad