Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
We have a gaping hole at RW. You don’t think it’s reasonable to give the organization some flak for not trying an 18 goal scorer there at all?

Acciaris hits were harder than Wagners.

These guys saw him every day and can’t be shocked. They get paid to do this kind of thing me and you don’t. You wouldn’t take a JDB-DK-Acciari second line right now?

But again if they signed him he was probably going to be glued to the fourth. Remember our refusal to move up Paille because Campbell and Thornton needed his speed to cover for them?

It's completely unreasonable to give the organization flak for not signing Acciari to play on Krejci's wing. That's insane. Get a freaking grip

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
It's completely unreasonable to give the organization flak for not signing Acciari to play on Krejci's wing. That's insane. Get a freaking grip

Great post totally agree that if an 18 goal scorer had been resigned he should have never been given a chance on the second line and simply glued to the fourth...

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Moore Griz Heinen should match in terms of salary after Griz gets a raise. That’s a deal that helps both teams and Winnipeg would ‘win.’ Retain some salary on their end to use to resign Krug.

I’d push for Laine though.
Rather have Connor but like the deal

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Awesome another 5'9 wuss, just what they need. He would fit in with the rest of the forwards. Could put him nd Heinen on the same line, bring back JFK to center them and the DPB would have it's dream line
Lol Spooner. You forgot Spooner

Reactions: Fenian24

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Just saw on TSN site they are saying some teams may be calling the Jets about Kyle Connor, they may be willing to deal for help on D, mentions Bowen Byram possibly. Wonder if the B's could use Gryz + or Vaak + as trade bait for Connor?

Chevy would be fired on the spot if he did that, Connor is a DeBrusk aged 1st line 30 goal scorer signed longterm.

Moore Griz Heinen should match in terms of salary after Griz gets a raise. That’s a deal that helps both teams and Winnipeg would ‘win.’ Retain some salary on their end to use to resign Krug.

I’d push for Laine though.

C'moon now.

There's absolutely no win for Winnipeg on that deal, that's terrible value.
The overvaluing of Bostons meh players is at top speed currently.

And b) would you put McAvoy on the table for Laine?

I mean I'd love to get a legit 21-23y 1st line talent with a few 2nd rounders, but I'm more realistic than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lo97

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Chevy would be fired on the spot if he did that, Connor is a DeBrusk aged 1st line 30 goal scorer signed longterm.

C'moon now.

There's absolutely no win for Winnipeg on that deal, that's terrible value.
The overvaluing of Bostons meh players is at top speed currently.

And b) would you put McAvoy on the table for Laine?

I mean I'd love to get a legit 21-23y 1st line talent with a few 2nd rounders, but I'm more realistic than that.

Gryz and Vaak would be an upgrade and a half over anyone on that Blueline besides Josh Morrissey.

Reactions: bbfan419

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Great post totally agree that if an 18 goal scorer had been resigned he should have never been given a chance on the second line and simply glued to the fourth...

He wasn't an 18 goal scorer here. This is beyond stupid.

These guys saw him every day and decided he was expendable. They get paid to do this kind of thing; you and I don't.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
No. I think it's stupid to be quite honest. Look at everything and not just the goal totals. He's playing 4 minutes more on average than he did here in Boston. He's shooting 25% .... TWENTY. FIVE. PERCENT. His career number before he got to FLA was 8%. He's tripling his S%. It's not sustainable. So while it's awesome he's scoring goals, he's shooting at a percentage that he will not be able to keep up consistently, and when his goal stick goes cold (1 G in his last 9 games btw), what else does he really bring that's worthy of a Top 6 spot?

Give them flak for not addressing the Top 6 RW need? 100%. However, if you're going to mention Acciari in the same sentence, please go back to bed.

There's absolutely zero to back this up.

Is this even a question? **** no I wouldn't. I can only imagine where the other two would be point wise if they had Acciari on their line. He has 3 assists on the year. That's horrendous for a Top 6 player. I would prefer a better option than a 0.42 PPG pace player in the Top 6 but that's just me.

Good, because on a team like Boston, that's what Noel Acciari is.... A 4th liner. Paille was "glued" to the 4th line because that's what Daniel Paille was here..... A 4th liner. You don't make any sense, dude. Now Paille was some skilled player Boston was holding back? Please....

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
No. I think it's stupid to be quite honest. Look at everything and not just the goal totals. He's playing 4 minutes more on average than he did here in Boston. He's shooting 25% .... TWENTY. FIVE. PERCENT. His career number before he got to FLA was 8%. He's tripling his S%. It's not sustainable. So while it's awesome he's scoring goals, he's shooting at a percentage that he will not be able to keep up consistently, and when his goal stick goes cold (1 G in his last 9 games btw), what else does he really bring that's worthy of a Top 6 spot?

Give them flak for not addressing the Top 6 RW need? 100%. However, if you're going to mention Acciari in the same sentence, please go back to bed.

There's absolutely zero to back this up.

Is this even a question? **** no I wouldn't. I can only imagine where the other two would be point wise if they had Acciari on their line. He has 3 assists on the year. That's horrendous for a Top 6 player. I would prefer a better option than a 0.42 PPG pace player in the Top 6 but that's just me.

Good, because on a team like Boston, that's what Noel Acciari is.... A 4th liner. Paille was "glued" to the 4th line because that's what Daniel Paille was here..... A 4th liner. You don't make any sense, dude. Now Paille was some skilled player Boston was holding back? Please....
I agree with this. I also think it’s kind of a reverse with the Anderson situation. He’s had tough luck and not putting up the numbers. He will,he was going though a stretch.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
This guy to me is the most overrated fourth liner in Bruin history. Waive Wagner and put Kuhlman in his spot
Wagner leads this team in hits and he’s on the 4th line. He blocks shots and can chip in with the odd goal. Did you see him in the playoffs last year ? He was good

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Gryz and Vaak would be an upgrade and a half over anyone on that Blueline besides Josh Morrissey.

So would a lot of players be, players you can get for a 2nd, you for sure don't spend a young signed 1st line talent on a #4/bottom pair D-man.

Jets need a legit 1st pair talent to go with Morrissey to build around their defense.

Pesce+ Heinen level forward for Pasta or Palmieri+ Heinen level forward for McAvoy,
Would you do either?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yup just like last year with Ottawa with Stone. It went down to the wire. I like Kreider BUT there are serious points to remember here. He's a LW. He's somewhat streaky. He's probably going to command BIG money and cost us at least Krug at the end of the year... And if we pay a 1st and ++ and he leaves without the B's getting the Cup it'll be ugly for Sweeney. I hope that this isn't allowed to go the 12 pm on February 24th due to them waiting on Kreider. I can see a big upgrade with Palmieri and even some of the other names that are mentioned. I've complained ad-nauseum that we need "this and that" but truth be told, when my temper calms down I realize that this team it as ready as any for the playoffs even if they don't make any moves (which I 100% doubt happens). They'll make a couple moves, a big-ish name like Toffoli and/or Palmieri, and then maybe some muscle that's a gamble (Josh Anderson). No matter what happens this playoffs Anderson can't really demand much to re-sign, is a bit of a gamble but at a nominal deal for a couple years it won't kill the B's. Toffoli is a seasoned guy who's been on winners, knows how to pace himself and IMO will come alive here with a change of scenery. I can't see the Bruins swallowing their pride and dealing with Kovi, he picked LA instead of the B's, gets top line help and a free leash in Montreal, and it's MONTREAL ffs! So the "ins'' I've listed above, the "outs" a top 3 draft pick, probably Heinen, definitely Moore, Backes if they sweeten that move and maybe a couple of Providence Bruins (Vaak, Fitzy). Unless we're getting back a huge return Studnicka and Lauzon, Lauko are no go's IMHO.

My worry with Palmieri is that he has a year left on his contract, and I'm not a believer in re-signing non elite players to longterm contracts when they hit 30y

But I also do really want them to add someone, because this team is to me atleast missing atleast a player, quality player from a serious run, I can't trust that secondary scoring for consistent scoring in the toughest games of the year.

Sweeney really should do what he can to not leave this on the final days, and be left with the worst options.

Reactions: Lo97 and Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
My worry with Palmieri is that he has a year left on his contract, and I'm not a believer in re-signing non elite players to longterm contracts when they hit 30y

But I also do really want them to add someone, because this team is to me atleast missing atleast a player, quality player from a serious run, I can't trust that secondary scoring for consistent scoring in the toughest games of the year.

Sweeney really should do what he can to not leave this on the final days, and be left with the worst options.

Maybe the Rags sign Kreider and then put him on the block? Then he wouldn't be called a "rental."

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
It's my educated guess.

I believe they (with many other teams) have enquired about Kreider, but Sweeney doesn't want a pure rental (unless its a bottom line guy) and my understanding is Rangers have denied everyone the chance to talk extension with Kreider's agent. Which makes sense since the Rangers do want to try and re-sign him. That could change as we get closer to Feb 24th. But I also get the feeling Sweeney doesn't want to wait, hence they are moving on for now to try and get something done sooner rather then later.
Makes sense. Loved the idea of getting Kreider a few weeks ago, but the longer this goes on the more I’d be inclined to go somewhere else. Too much hype.

Gonna have to overpay big to get Kreider. And if that’s the case, might as well overpay and get Palmieri & Coleman. Both are too old for a rebuild in NJ, and if they need captain material send them Backes in the package. Together they’d be $6 million against the cap next year, so maybe Sweeney could keep them & Krug. Not rentals. You’d think Coleman would be easier to get than Woods based on age alone. Bruins get tougher & goals, NJ gets more for rebuild. Win win.

Reactions: Strafer

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Jets need a legit 1st pair talent to go with Morrissey to build around their defense.

Not saying we could get Connor for Gryz, Moore and Heinen (unrealistic), but I am pretty sure the Jets are not going to get a legit 1st pairing talent for him (especially with that hefty cap hit). Or do you think Connor for McAvoy would be considered by the Bruins? Carlo would probably be a fair counterpart of such a deal. Legit #3 defender, fringe 1st pairing.

Reactions: bbfan419

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not saying we could get Connor for Gryz, Moore and Heinen (unrealistic), but I am pretty sure the Jets are not going to get a legit 1st pairing talent for him (especially with that hefty cap hit). Or do you think Connor for McAvoy would be considered by the Bruins? Carlo would probably be a fair counterpart of such a deal. Legit #3 defender, fringe 1st pairing.

What on Earth??

He's a legit 1st line talent, 30 goal scorer, close to ppg this season, in his early prime at 7M, and that's a hefty cap hit?, that's what you pay for declining UFA players on July 1, Kreider on longterm at 7M or Connor at 7M at 23y?

For sure Bruins wouldn't pay McAvoy, but MCavoy is a proven high end young defenseman, &Carlo won't get it done, there's D-men between McAvoy and Carlo in this league.
Grzelcyk+ Heinen is just insulting.

Maybe the Rags sign Kreider and then put him on the block? Then he wouldn't be called a "rental."

How often that happens?

Few times after the trade but never really before.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
yeah teams are generally just lining up to trade 30+ goal point per game forwards AND retain salary in the deal. I know if I was an NHL GM I'd love to pay a portion of a guy's salary so he can go score 35 goals for some other team. And in this case I'd get to pay millions of dollars for a guy to play for another team for the next 7 years??! Where do I sign up??
Ok right, so in that case some salary can go back like I said maybe Gryz + Heinen as part of the deal.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
What on Earth??

He's a legit 1st line talent, 30 goal scorer, close to ppg this season, in his early prime at 7M, and that's a hefty cap hit?, that's what you pay for declining UFA players on July 1, Kreider on longterm at 7M or Connor at 7M at 23y?

For sure Bruins wouldn't pay McAvoy, but MCavoy is a proven high end young defenseman, &Carlo won't get it done, there's D-men between McAvoy and Carlo in this league.
Grzelcyk+ Heinen is just insulting.

You got me wrong. The contract is obviously not an albatross, but at the same time it's not really team friendly like Pastrnak, Marchand or Bergeron. If that was the case, it would obviously increase his value even further.

You said "legit 1st pairing". What does that term mean if Charlie is considered to be better than that (I thought legit 1st pairing were top D-stars like McAvoy, Parayko, Jones)? Could you name some examples of the guys you had in mind? Chabot?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You got me wrong. The contract is obviously not an albatross, but at the same time it's not really team friendly like Pastrnak, Marchand or Bergeron. If that was the case, it would obviously increase his value even further.

You said "legit 1st pairing". What does that term mean if Charlie is considered to be better than that (I thought legit 1st pairing were top D-stars like McAvoy, Parayko, Jones)? Could you name some examples of the guys you had in mind? Chabot?

I mean it is, contract like Bergeron signed years ago has absolutely nothing to do with Connors, and Connor signed his deal clearly after Pastas as well, Jets have a close to ppg 30 goal scorer at 7M, that's as good as you can get today.

You are listing more like #1D's, the high end young D-men, guys you can build around, I'm lookng at a tier below, young #2D types/potentially #2D types, just tough to get any names in mind who should be available.
Lindell and company are too valuable to their teams.

Last edited:

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
He wasn't an 18 goal scorer here. This is beyond stupid.

These guys saw him every day and decided he was expendable. They get paid to do this kind of thing; you and I don't.

The fact that the scouts missed him and get paid to evaluate talent gives anyone the right to complain. Whether it’s just a flash in the pan or if this is the real Accari still remains to be seen.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad