Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
A LOT of a$$-hattery written here by Haggs:
Haggerty: Why B's pursuit of Kreider might hit a snag
A LOT!!

"desperately need in their top-6"

"the danger of Kreider re-signing with the Rangers has been a possibility all the time given that the Blueshirts were the team that drafted and developed the Massachusetts native. That kind of development would leave the Bruins scouring for second and third option-type players like Tyler Toffoli"

"The Rangers are looking for a Kevin Hayes-type return for Kreider and that would mean a first-round pick and a B’s prospect like Trent Frederic, Anders Bjork or Jeremy Lauzon."
A first round pick AND Fredeic, AND or Bjork or Lauzon? Holy ****.
Yet he's talking about keeping Heinen? Cripes!

Last edited:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Kreider has to be the top target with Sweeney prepared to resign him. He is everything that this team requires in one package, big, fast, physical top 6 winger. As long as Bjork and Studnicka are not included, I am fine with any combination of our #1 pick, other prospects and current roster players like Heinen. Acquiring him would give us as good a chance as anyone to bring home the cup.

Reactions: bbfan419

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
A LOT!!

"the danger of Kreider re-signing with the Rangers has been a possibility all the time given that the Blueshirts were the team that drafted and developed the Massachusetts native. That kind of development would leave the Bruins scouring for second and third option-type players like Tyler Toffoli"

"The Rangers are looking for a Kevin Hayes-type return for Kreider and that would mean a first-round pick and a B’s prospect like Trent Frederic, Anders Bjork or Jeremy Lauzon."

I really do question his hockey knowledge. How the heck did he get that job?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I really do question his hockey knowledge. How the heck did he get that job?
I don't get it. Him and Charlie Moore (not hockey just in general) really don't do anything for me. Then again most of the Boston "hockey" media is ****y. Ty Anderson, Jaffe, and Bob Beers know their stuff. After that there's a huge and drastic drop off.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Sure, now if the B's DID deal with the Habs for Armia (or Gallagher) and Kovi is a throw in I would be good with that. But the fans in Montreal would probably want Bergevins head if Kovi comes to Boston and wins a Cup.
IMO, Yes on Armia, naaah on Kovi unless a throw-in. I just don't see Sweeney swallowing THAT much pride (kovi alone for a top 3 pick).
EDIT: OT...... With all of the screw-ups that Bergevin has made since he took over, I don't know how there haven't been riots up there. Trading that d-man (name escapes me) to Tampa, trading Subban for Weber etc. I guess maybe because they want more French Canadian players up there as priority?!?!
Sergachev

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
We overrate our plug fourth liners badly and don’t give skilled guys a shot. Garland is excellent. Need pesky quick Marchand types down there. Wagner over Acciari woooooooofffffff.

Hindsight wooooooooffffff.

I mean, really. Your post doesn't make any sense when you end it with the sarcastic "wagner over acciari" like you knew Noel was going to to go to FLA and put up 18G. When they both were here in Boston, you could easily make the case that Wagner was just a better all around version of what Acciari was. He walked for 1.6M and we have Wagner for 1.3M. At the end of the day, Acciari isn't doing what he did in FLA because he wasn't going to get a sniff of the opportunity he's gotten there. Christ, he just played 20 minutes last night! If Acciari was playing 20 minutes here in Boston, something has gone seriously seriously wrong.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Just saw on TSN site they are saying some teams may be calling the Jets about Kyle Connor, they may be willing to deal for help on D, mentions Bowen Byram possibly. Wonder if the B's could use Gryz + or Vaak + as trade bait for Connor?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
A LOT!!

Would not pay that for Kreider, Offer Gryz + Frederic or Heinen + Vaak.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Just saw on TSN site they are saying some teams may be calling the Jets about Kyle Connor, they may be willing to deal for hep on D, mentions Bowen Byram possibly. Wonder if the B's could use Gryz + or Vaak + as trade bait for Connor?

Not going to happen. He carries a 7.1M cap hit.

Reactions: Lo97

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Hindsight wooooooooffffff.

I mean, really. Your post doesn't make any sense when you end it with the sarcastic "wagner over acciari" like you knew Noel was going to to go to FLA and put up 18G. When they both were here in Boston, you could easily make the case that Wagner was just a better all around version of what Acciari was. He walked for 1.6M and we have Wagner for 1.3M. At the end of the day, Acciari isn't doing what he did in FLA because he wasn't going to get a sniff of the opportunity he's gotten there. Christ, he just played 20 minutes last night! If Acciari was playing 20 minutes here in Boston, something has gone seriously seriously wrong.

We have a gaping hole at RW. You don’t think it’s reasonable to give the organization some flak for not trying an 18 goal scorer there at all?

Acciaris hits were harder than Wagners.

These guys saw him every day and can’t be shocked. They get paid to do this kind of thing me and you don’t. You wouldn’t take a JDB-DK-Acciari second line right now?

But again if they signed him he was probably going to be glued to the fourth. Remember our refusal to move up Paille because Campbell and Thornton needed his speed to cover for them?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Just saw on TSN site they are saying some teams may be calling the Jets about Kyle Connor, they may be willing to deal for help on D, mentions Bowen Byram possibly. Wonder if the B's could use Gryz + or Vaak + as trade bait for Connor?

Moore Griz Heinen should match in terms of salary after Griz gets a raise. That’s a deal that helps both teams and Winnipeg would ‘win.’ Retain some salary on their end to use to resign Krug.

I’d push for Laine though.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
We have a gaping hole at RW. You don’t think it’s reasonable to give the organization some flak for not trying an 18 goal scorer there at all?

No. I think it's stupid to be quite honest. Look at everything and not just the goal totals. He's playing 4 minutes more on average than he did here in Boston. He's shooting 25% .... TWENTY. FIVE. PERCENT. His career number before he got to FLA was 8%. He's tripling his S%. It's not sustainable. So while it's awesome he's scoring goals, he's shooting at a percentage that he will not be able to keep up consistently, and when his goal stick goes cold (1 G in his last 9 games btw), what else does he really bring that's worthy of a Top 6 spot?

Give them flak for not addressing the Top 6 RW need? 100%. However, if you're going to mention Acciari in the same sentence, please go back to bed.

Acciaris hits were harder than Wagners.

There's absolutely zero to back this up.

These guys saw him every day and can’t be shocked. They get paid to do this kind of thing me and you don’t. You wouldn’t take a JDB-DK-Acciari second line right now?

Is this even a question? f*** no I wouldn't. I can only imagine where the other two would be point wise if they had Acciari on their line. He has 3 assists on the year. That's horrendous for a Top 6 player. I would prefer a better option than a 0.42 PPG pace player in the Top 6 but that's just me.

But again if they signed him he was probably going to be glued to the fourth. Remember our refusal to move up Paille because Campbell and Thornton needed his speed to cover for them?

Good, because on a team like Boston, that's what Noel Acciari is.... A 4th liner. Paille was "glued" to the 4th line because that's what Daniel Paille was here..... A 4th liner. You don't make any sense, dude. Now Paille was some skilled player Boston was holding back? Please....

Last edited:
Reactions: Lo97 and NeelyDan

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Yeah guess they would have to retain some or take some salary back like say Gryz + Heinen
yeah teams are generally just lining up to trade 30+ goal point per game forwards AND retain salary in the deal. I know if I was an NHL GM I'd love to pay a portion of a guy's salary so he can go score 35 goals for some other team. And in this case I'd get to pay millions of dollars for a guy to play for another team for the next 7 years??! Where do I sign up??

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
I sincerely hope the Bruins go hard all in for Chris Kreider if he’s available and New York Rangers decides to trade him at the deadline. But, if he’s not there what other options could be out there on the market. I found a few scouting reports on players the Bruins have been linked to one way or another. The reports seems fairly accurate imo

KYLE PALMIERE RW - 29 - NEW JERSEY - $4.650m - Daily Cap Hit Remaining in 2020 $1.450m - signed through 2020-21 season.
Since arriving from Anaheim, Palmieri proved to be an instant fit in New Jersey. He brought size, grit, and scoring ability to the Devils, something they desperately needed. Palmieri is a prototypical agitating power forward. He blends size with an absolutely lethal shot to score 25-30 goals, and can easily fit in with playmaking linemates, getting pucks for them in the corners and creating havoc in front of the net as screeners. Palmieri does just that, and he draws penalties at an elite level. He's not the best skater, nor is he the most sound defensively, but he's an asset along the boards to help defenders retake pucks and he's a major help in front of the net on the power play. He's a good second liner who can play a power game and fit on a first line with good linemates, even if he isn't driving play himself. You hate to play against him, but Devils fans surely love what he brings to the team.

TYLER TOFFOLI - RW - 27 - LOS ANGELES - $4.600m - Daily Cap Hit Remaining in 2020 $1.409.972 - UFA in 2020-2021
LAST UPDATED 6/22/19
Toffoli is an interesting case. He has definite highs, and has scored 30 goals before, but his shooting percentage was nearly 15% when that happened and has not risen above 10% since then. He's still quite skilled, with a great shot and a plus release. He isn't a physical player, nor is he truly a shutdown asset, and he needs to gain more strength to truly have the versatility necessary for him to be considered a two-way forward rather than a pure sniper. He can't reliably be trusted to win board battles, and isolated impact metrics paint him as a pretty large negative on the penalty kill. All that being said, Toffoli still, when he's getting decent (~10% s%) puck luck, is a slam-dunk 20 goal scorer and impact top-6 winger. He's an asset as a triggerman on the power play and should still have a little room to grow as only a 26 year old. He's more of a 2nd liner at this point, but he's a good one at that and has upside to really break out when paired with a strong playmaking center.

BRANDON SAAD - LW/RW - 27 - CHICAGO - $6.000m - Daily Cap Hit Remaining in 2020 $1.838.710 - Signed through 2020-21
UPDATED 7/28/19
While Brandon Saad was a valuable two-way second line winger in Columbus, he had a very poor return to Chicago and only this past season did he begin to regain his prior form. He has a very strong two-way style and possesses a very high hockey IQ. He has good size, and while he's not overly physical he knows how and when to use his body effectively. He's not an elite shooter, nor does he possess high-end puck skills, but he can effectively balance an offensively focused line and fit in with skilled teammates to create points. He's not a self-starter, and cannot be relied on to drive play, but we will contribute given the right situation. He can kill penalties and take on tough defensive assignments, and he's genuinely a very reliable winger. Will he be a superstar? No. But he will provide 17 minutes of strong two-way hockey per game, as well as 20+ goals and 45+ points per season, so while $6’’m AAV is a bit steep of a price to pay for his services, Saad is still a valuable top-6 winger.

JOSH ANDERSON - RW - 25 - COLUMBUS - $1.850m - Daily Cap Hit Remaining in 2020 $566.935 - RFA in 2020-2021
LAST UPDATED 7/28/19 Before shoulder injury that has left on the sideline for about two months and he’s still not match fit.
After two decent seasons as a full-time NHL-er, Josh Anderson broke out in 2018-19, scoring 27 goals and 47 points as Columbus won their first playoff series in franchise history. Now that Columbus is experiencing a mass free agent exodus with the departures of Artemi Panarin, Matt Duchene, and Ryan Dzingel at forward it'll be up to Josh Anderson to build on the success he had and become a centerpiece of Columbus' forward corps. Anderson is a prototypical power forward, with excellent size and strength to go with a heavy, accurate shot. Anderson excels in front of the net, in the corners, and as a triggerman on the power play. He's a naturally physical player and will be able to help a team add some jam to their lineup. Defensively, Anderson is similarly strong, and he's an exceptional penalty killer. He can reliably win battles for pucks and can be counted on for 20 goals yearly. He's a strong all-around winger and should be a second line power forward/penalty killer for the Blue Jackets.

JEAN-GABRIEL PAGEAU - C - 26 - OTTAWA - $3.100m - Daily Cap HitRemaining in 2020 - $950.000 - UFA in 2020-2021.
LAST UPDATED 6/18/19
A playoff hero in Ottawa after his epic four goal performance against Henrik Lundqvist in 2017, Pageau has turned himself into a bright spot in Ottawa's thin lineup. He's a defense-first center, and can be relied on to match up against his opponent's top offensive producers. He's capable of strong years offensively, and with a reasonable shooting percentage 15 goals and 35 points can be expected. He can kill penalties, skate well, and generally be trusted as a team leader. Pageau is a quality third line shutdown center who should garner stray Selke votes for the rest of his prime.

MILES WOOD - LW - 24 - NEW JERSEY - $2.750m - Daily Cap Hit Remaining in 2020 - $857.527 - Signed through 2021-22 season
Miles Wood is a rare blend of tools that you don't typically find in hockey. Wood is big, strong, and very gritty. He loves getting under his opponents' skin and drawing penalties. He'll energize up his own team as much as he'll rile up his opponents, and while big, strong agitators are not particularly rare, ones with Wood's speed definitely are. Miles Wood is an absolute burner, with elite top speed and fantastic burst. He can create chances with his speed alone and while his hands and brain may be a step behind his legs he still generates a fair share of chances through his ability to get on his horse and use his strength to maintain possession of the puck. When he turns on his jets, there are few players in hockey who can catch up to Wood, let alone take the puck away from him given Wood's six-two, 195 pound frame. That speed hasn't translated into overwhelming numbers just yet, but there's legitimate upside with Wood and he has the benefit of being a self-starter on offense, relying on his wheels more than his teammates. He scored almost 20 goals the last time he played more than 70 games and should improve on that if he stays healthy and in the lineup again. He should end up being a real asset on special teams, both in front of the net and as a puck carrier on the PP and as a shorthanded threat on the PK, as long as he gains some better defensive positioning skills. Wood is a very intriguing player and has the potential to absolutely explode if he gets everything right.

BRENDEN DILLON LD - 29 - SAN JOSE SHARKS - $3.270m - Daily Cap Hit Remanining in 2020 $1.019.677 - UFA in 2020-21
Brenden Dillon is a big, durable, steady two-way defenseman. Dillon's size allows him to be a factor in the tough areas of the ice, and he can make his presence felt in front of the net and in the corners. He's great at rattling off a big hit and establishing possession for his team in the defensive zone. Offensively, Dillon is a capable, but limited contributor. His size allows him to seal the boards well, and his strength gives him a hard shot from the point, but he rarely gets goals from it. He's a decent skater, and as a result can be a capable puck mover, but mistaking him for a Erik Karlsson-esque offensive play driver would be a mistake. He'll produce 20 points of offense, and that's it, but he will help out as a defenseman who can generate zone exits and facilitate the movement of the puck to the forwards. He's a physical defense-first #4 defenseman who can fit on a second pairing with a #2 very well or maybe even be the defensive anchor to an offense-focused #1 like Erik Karlsson.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
We overrate our plug fourth liners badly and don’t give skilled guys a shot. Garland is excellent. Need pesky quick Marchand types down there. Wagner over Acciari woooooooofffffff.

This guy to me is the most overrated fourth liner in Bruin history. Waive Wagner and put Kuhlman in his spot

Reactions: BigGoalBrad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad