Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Montreal is not trading Kovy to Boston. It will take a second team. I believe that team is Chicago.

Chicago sends a pick to Montreal, Boston sends Chicago that same round pick + John Moore for Kovy.

Heinen is going to NJ. Breaks the logjam at d and gives the Bruins a little more wiggle room to try and extend Krug.

God I hope you're right. Just so I can say I was correct before you for once...

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

Not sure I would call two goals between them as “wrecking “ the opposition over a seven game span. I notice they talk about five games during a seven game span, what about the other two games, proof you can work stats to your agenda anyway you want. Like both players but stop short of calling them dominate or wrecking.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
And you know what else Kovalchuk knows? He knows that he’s got five goals and 11 points in 14 games since signing a prorated $700,000-contract with Montreal and that several other teams are interested in his services.

Here’s what we know: The Canadiens, who are hoping to win at least six of their eight games leading into the Feb. 24 deadline, aren’t likely to accept less than a second-round pick or, at worst, a conditional third-round pick that turns into a second for Kovalchuk’s services should they fall further back in the race.

The Boston Bruins might be the most likely team to offer up that kind of compensation for the Russian sniper.

The Bruins intend on loading up for a second consecutive run to the Stanley Cup Final. Kovalchuk is a player they’re watching closely.

But after the Bruins weren’t convinced Kovalchuk could help them when his three-year, $18.75-million deal with the Los Angeles Kings was terminated in December, they’ve been very impressed with what he’s done in Montreal and they understand the value of adding a player who’s shown he can fill a top-six role if they suffer an injury to a key player between now and the end of the season. It only helps that he’s competed extremely hard at both ends of the rink and that the buzz about his leadership, his energy and his sheer passion for the game make it likely he would fit well with their group.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Rather them ride it out and give a few providence guys a chance to see if they strike lightning in house. Adding some of the names to this current roster will make minimal a difference in my view

This best record in the league is not fooling me. This forward group is weak and in the need of more than a player for a realistic cup run this year .When ,not IF the First line cools off and Krug does not produce on the Power play its lights out before getting to the light switch. Sure we will be a tough out because of the core but after that?

And I'm not giving up a first or second round pick for ANY rentals either.

Read this one and sit down before you do cause a couple names in there that near made me puke . Canadiens' Ilya Kovalchuk drawing interest from Bruins, Flames, Oilers - Sportsnet.ca

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
.... Do you think Mark Stone wouldn't have been a fantastic addition?

I think if Mark Stone was a Bruin, there would have been a parade in the summer.
Yes agreed, but Mark Stone is a rh RW. Kreider isn't. I like that he can ramp up the physicality but will he bring it all the time? Others have said that he disappears. I don' know if that's true or not but...
I also don't want to see the B's giving up a lot and then not being able to afford him.
Another thought is that teams that think that they're all in and have mortgaged their futures many times end up having a first or second round exit.

Reactions: TCB

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
And you know what else Kovalchuk knows? He knows that he’s got five goals and 11 points in 14 games since signing a prorated $700,000-contract with Montreal and that several other teams are interested in his services.

Here’s what we know: The Canadiens, who are hoping to win at least six of their eight games leading into the Feb. 24 deadline, aren’t likely to accept less than a second-round pick or, at worst, a conditional third-round pick that turns into a second for Kovalchuk’s services should they fall further back in the race.

The Boston Bruins might be the most likely team to offer up that kind of compensation for the Russian sniper.

The Bruins intend on loading up for a second consecutive run to the Stanley Cup Final. Kovalchuk is a player they’re watching closely.

But after the Bruins weren’t convinced Kovalchuk could help them when his three-year, $18.75-million deal with the Los Angeles Kings was terminated in December, they’ve been very impressed with what he’s done in Montreal and they understand the value of adding a player who’s shown he can fill a top-six role if they suffer an injury to a key player between now and the end of the season. It only helps that he’s competed extremely hard at both ends of the rink and that the buzz about his leadership, his energy and his sheer passion for the game make it likely he would fit well with their group.
This is what made me laugh.

"Right now, let’s see what happens over the next two-to-three weeks. That’s what I’m focused on,"

3 weeks brings us to February 28. Another 83 games per season member. :laugh:

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Most experts will say Bruins will not win without fixing top 6.Desperate is a bit much I agree but the article is on the right path.It is what most of us here have been saying since before the last trade deadline.

is there any team in the nhl that more than 50% are going to predict to win the cup? I think the experts are going to be against any team winning the cup

why?

because theres a cap... theres a reverse draft... theres free agency...

welcome to the era of flawed teams and parity

but if bruins could upgrade the rw spot... they probably should {depending if the cost makes sense}

giving up a first for a guy that barely scores better than Heinen wouldnt be on my radar...

but if we could use a 3rd and get a guy like Johansson or a second and get a guy like coyle… sign me up

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Odd, isn’t it, that Julien’s style has always been defense, benching forwards who didn’t buy into his scheme.

Now the play is wide open. I suppose that with guys like Kovalchuk and Drouin, he’s forced to abandon his D first policy.
It's also the Montreal way, the way the fans want it, they like the fast skating and fancy type plays.

Reactions: Strafer

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Two years ago obviously Hall. He is the better player but he probably would be on the second line here unless someone got hurt and not be putting up the same points. They are 2 of the fastest players in the league but Kreider is bigger and more physical which is something we are lacking up front. I would be very happy with either.

I would probably even do Beecher and a 1st for Palmieri but the Bruins might value Beecher more than I do because he is a center and Bergeron/Krejci are gettin kinda old.
Yeah would be a tough choice, but Kreider I guess would be a little cheaper to sign and plays a more physical game as well, but on the other hand Hall has always been one of my fav players.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
When you are this close to being the cup favourite you go all in. A 30 point 3rd line winger (which we already have replacements for) should not be the deal breaker on getting a piece we have needed for years. I would much rather give up Bjork than Studnicka or Vaak or Lauko etc.
I would give up Vaak before Bjork, Heinen would be the first and obvious choice to go.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
GOING ALL IN THIS YEAR (with long-term outlook and salary cap implications):

Trades:
1) BOS sends Moore to CHI for 2020 3rd round pick
2) BOS sends Wagner, Vaakaneinen, and 2020 1st round pick to NJD for Palmieri and Wood
3) BOS sends Heinen, Senyshyn, and 2020 2nd round pick to NYR for Kreider 50% retained

Lineup:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Kreider - Krejci - Palmieri
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork
Wood - Kuraly - Kuhlman

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Grzelcyk - Lauzon

Rask/Halak

(Extras: Blidh/Nordstrom/Clifton)
(Assigned: Lindholm)
(LTIR: Miller)

Remaining Cap Space: $543,334

----------------------------------

GOING INTO NEXT YEAR:

Trades:
1) BOS sends Krejci to XXX for 2020 2nd round pick
2) BOS sends Backes and 2020 2nd round pick to YYY for 2020 7th round pick

Signings (AAV):
Krug $6.5
Kreider $6.25
Grzelcyk $4.0
DeBrusk $3.75
Chara $2.0
Bjork $1.5
Kuhlman $1.5
Lauzon $1.5
Zboril $1.0
Goalie $2.0

Lineup:

Same as above, but with Studnicka replacing Krejci.

Remaining Cap Space: $689,000 (assuming static cap of $81.5M)
That would be one tough team to pay against.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Their goalie situation is complicated.

King Henry won't go anywhere. Have to keep Shesterkin in the NHL or risk him running home. Georgiev either has to be moved or re-signed. Do they really want to trade him with Hank having one more year? It's a tough decision they have to make, but if it were me, I'd keep him and that gives them a great 1-2 punch after Hank. What's he going to cost?

The there is DeAngelo, an RFA with arbitration rights. Do you want to risk going to arbitration with DeAngelo? If he chooses that route, it's going to cost more then you and I think he will.

I'm guessing minimum $6 million there. Add $7 million for Kreider and your at $13 million. That leaves them $3 million for 6 more forwards that include Strome, and Jasp and their qualifying offers alone are $5 million.

Not to mention they could have huge performance bonus issues this year and next
I can't understand why Lundquist would not want a shot with a contender before he retires.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

Why give up a 2nd or even 3rd pick when they could have just signed the guy for nothing? Just not good business IMHO and F@ck the habs.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Watched leafs game tonite .Both goalies stunk the place out .Clifford took bad penalty that cost a goal.And Rakell is the biggest wussy I ever seen.Skill galore but afraid to death of contact.Could have planted Marner and instead tripped him and cost them the game in OT. Seriously I would take Rakell but man is he a softie.Do not think he be liked here unless potting goals steady after what I witnessed tonite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00