Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I'm quoting you but this is a general thought regarding this sentiment. Did Kovalchuk want to come here? Or, did he see the opportunity for playing time in MTL and decide on that over other options? I don't believe it's ever really been reported on his suitors and decision other than "oh look the Canadiens signed him." While it might appear the Bruins could have had him for nothing, it's not only up to them.

As I'm thinking this through my concern would be what line does he go on? Does he play the left as a righty? I guess if that's the case you keep knock JDB down with Coyle?

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Kovalchuk - Krejci - Palmieri
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner

would there be concern in breaking in two new wingers for Krejci?

oh man is that a good top 9. Wow

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I really hope Clifford gets a ton of ice time vs the Bruins, like 15-20 mins a night. Seeing how he averaged about 10 minutes a night in LA, rolling him every other shift to pound the Bruins will definitely benefit the .................Bs, bring him on.

I like Clifford he's an honest player and he's there for his teammates. I'll be tuning into tonight game against the Ducks, as they have some tough boys over there, it'll be interesting to see if Clifford will try to make a statement right off.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don’t think it’s wise to give up a 1st + good prospect (Vaakaneinen?) for Kreider. And as you mention he’s a LW to boot. If giving up yet another 1st + prospect, it’d be better spent on a guy with term and who fills a void (RW).

I prefer Sweeney keeps his 1st, unless it’s for a sure fire fit

If he adds Kreider he really should know what he's looking at on his next contract.

Edit, if he does go for Kreider would Kreider+ Kase be bad?

Marchand- Bergeron- Pasta
Kreider- Krejci- Kase 2nd line
DeBrusk- Coyle- Bjork 2nd line.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCB

sleepyh

Jun 29, 2007
Brattleboro
Kind of would be funny if the Habs got Kovalchuk all warmed up for us, and then he continues his production the rest of the season and through the playoffs..

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
Like what?

More numbers this season.

Bjork:

14 blocks 36 hits 18 takeaways 12 givaways

Donato:

9 blocks 31 hits 17 takeaways 11 giveaways

Not a lot of difference there, considering Bjork's had more ice time.

So Bjork has not done much but with much more speed than Donato.
how about leave the numbers and just use plain eye test , Bjork is more relentless, tenacious, shows more hustle and is harder to play against when he plays and that goes compared to both heinen and donato

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I'm not sold on Kovi. He is getting first line minutes now, No.1 pp time. He won't get that here. Can you perform on 2nd unit and limit PP?

he wouldnt have to perform to the current level to be... an improvement for us

but how much improvement? even if he dropped to... 45-50 point pace... he would be an improvement. hes a big strong body.. that should help against Washington/st louis...

hes a shootout weapon... that could be worth 2-3 points in the regular season right there

theres a chance he would bring out the best in debrusk... that might be useful... but all-in-all im not prepared to pull the chute on senyshyn. he needs to get a look. I also want Heinen and Bjork in the lineup ahead of kovalchuk this next month... see what we got in these kids

and kuhlman impresses me... see no reason to not play him either

i think kovalchuk could be a slight upgrade... just not sure we need it and dont want to pay for it

Reactions: lopey

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Bruins aren't trading for Kovy unless it's a 5-6th round pick
Bruins aren't trading a 1st for Josh Anderson, even tho love the guy......hes been dog shit this year and not worth the risk.

Toffoli + Kase is my guess
Moore and Heinen out

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Bruins aren't trading for Kovy unless it's a 5-6th round pick
Bruins aren't trading a 1st for Josh Anderson, even tho love the guy......hes been dog **** this year and not worth the risk.

Toffoli + Kase is my guess
Moore and Heinen out

I just don't see the Bruins and Canadiens doing a deal for Kovy especially when the bruins could of had him for free.

I don't think Anderson is going anywhere but Id love him in Boston. Toffoli or Kase I could see in a Bruin uni, but bcbruin was saying one of the players the Bruins were targeting meant that Krug would be a no-no if it happen. Still wonder who that could be.........

Reactions: sarge88

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
he wouldnt have to perform to the current level to be... an improvement for us

but how much improvement? even if he dropped to... 45-50 point pace... he would be an improvement. hes a big strong body.. that should help against Washington/st louis...

hes a shootout weapon... that could be worth 2-3 points in the regular season right there

theres a chance he would bring out the best in debrusk... that might be useful... but all-in-all im not prepared to pull the chute on senyshyn. he needs to get a look. I also want Heinen and Bjork in the lineup ahead of kovalchuk this next month... see what we got in these kids

and kuhlman impresses me... see no reason to not play him either

i think kovalchuk could be a slight upgrade... just not sure we need it and dont want to pay for it

I say he'd play better with Krejci bc Krejci is a better player than any center the habs have. Get your popcorn ready for some good hockey, btw Kovy started on the 3rd line last night

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I just don't see the Bruins and Canadiens doing a deal for Kovy especially when the bruins could of had him for free.

I don't think Anderson is going anywhere but Id love him in Boston. Toffoli or Kase I could see in a Bruin uni, but bcbruin was saying one of the players the Bruins were targeting meant that Krug would be a no-no if it happen. Still wonder who that could be.........

palmieri comes to mind as a player that could get in the way of krug signing in the offseason. Palmieri would be on the books for next season as well.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I'm down for Kovalchuk if it's not too expensive and if he's not the main move.

Kreider + Kovi or something along those lines

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruins need a power forward for top 6.Any other moves ,then I hope it is for a guy like Dillon on backend.We have everything we need up front outside the top 6 guy missing in my opinion.I will be feeling lucky if we add either to be quite honest. Takes 2 GM's to make a trade.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

The NHL PA will be pushing Krug hard to chase a 7 or 8 yr deal at about 7 to 8 million per..Good odds he is not here anyways next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad