Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Heinen gets so beat up on these boards. You’d think he was a 5 million dollar guy that wasn’t productive

I’m not going to argue if he’s better than Kase or not. But he’s definitely better than Kuhlman. And if we traded for Kase, that’s who’s bumped from the line up
Not if you trade Heinen for Kase. I doubt the Ducks would do that

Reactions: Strafer and SPV

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think the Bruins have depth on the LW and can afford to trade one of Heinen and Bjork for an upgrade on the right side. However, I wouldn't trade Heinen for Kase

They do have depth on LW, but I see this season as an "all-in" type of season. If they can upgrade simply by moving out what I would consider low-to-mid level assets like Steen and 3rd/4th rounders, I'd prefer they go that route.

I would however, move Heinen for Kase if that was the only way to get it done. I wouldn't move Bjork for Kase though.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Kase looks like a diamond in the rough. If only he could stay healthy, at least 3 concussions. But if you prorate his two seasons prior, he was on pace for 27 goals seasons all before age 23. Something the Bruins could use much more than Heinen’s all around game. Wouldn’t be my solution to 2nd line wing right now. But I would do it just for potential. Imagine if it works, RW would be set for next 8 years.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Value for value, I think Heinen for Kase is a fair trade. If the Bruins can get Kase for a 2nd/3rd + prospect, and then use Heinen in another deal to get another forward, I think that would be the best use of assets.

Reactions: bbfan419

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

I feel like trading a roster player for a roster player is a bad move for us. We need to add, ideally replacing Kuhlman with a productive guy, like Kase or Palmieri. Doing that and losing Heinen doesn’t accomplish as much. At least in my opinion

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

you of all people would hate kase. The guy who constantly says heinen is way too soft. Kase has 9 hits in 770 minutes played heinen has 730 minutes and 27 hits. Kase is literally afraid of contact.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Have you seen Kase play?
The guy has elite level skill and by no-way would this be a backwards move.

elite level skill wouldn’t have a lower career shooting percentage than heinen and nearly identical points per 60 minutes.

very loose definition of elite if Kase is elite.

Reactions: Lo97

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I hope we dont trade for Kase and think he is going to be our solution for 2nd line RW. He produceses simillar points as Heinen.

Last 100 Games

Heinen 15g 33a = 48p
Kase 22g 30a = 52p

Heinen 61 hits
Kase 37 hits

Heinen has played 14:13min per game
Kase has played 15:43min per game
I honestly don't know the answer to this but:
How many hits per game has each had in their careers?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Thoughts on Kase?

I think he is a buy low option but I really don't enjoy the pace/intensity he has been playing with this year. When I saw him live I was incredibly bored with his play and haters of Heinen would have the pitchforks out early on him. Maybe people are hoping for the Krejci Czech connection but they will be underwhelmed. I am also part of that group that I mentioned on this board as having a weakness for west coast scouting as I only see about 12-15 Canucks games live each year.

Collectively, we follow the almighty EST. I was really high on moving Heinen for Virtanen last season but that was after watching 40+ Canucks games and seeing him live. I wanted that speed on the RW to complement DeBrusk and not so much Krejci. With Kassian I thought it was all about finding the right team and linemates like he has in Edmonton. Both would look good now on the RW in Boston.

If Kase was the target, I'd just take a chance of Senyshyn until a bigger fish arises.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Also, the name I'd love to discuss here on RW is Dustin Byfuglien. He's about to do the same think Kovalchuk did and be able to look for a home anywhere he wants.

Anyone else see the value in having him shift back to forward and play a power forward RW role on the 2nd line?

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Byfuglien
Heinen - Coyle - Bjork

...as a top nine seems like three lines that can score on any given night. Give Byfuglien the one year deal to show that he is healthy and then explore a short 35+ contract after this run if he is a fit.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I agree, if it’s the damaged, unfocused version of Buff, but if he were focused and engaged, he’d be an absolute monster on line 2.

Admittedly, I have absolutely no idea where he’s at physically or mentally.

I’m just fantasizing about what he could bring, if he’s even 85% of his best.

And to put the cart miles and miles ahead of the horse.....if he is coming back from an ankle injury, wouldn’t offering him the chance to play RW instead of defense on a cup contender be a sweetener?

Just looked back and found you guys had chatted about this.

It's a great idea and I'd be curious to see what Krejci could do with him.

Reactions: sarge88

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Over the last two seasons at even strength:

Heinen = 0.54 goals per 60 (0.11 g/game);
1.16 primary points/60 (0.23 p1/g)

Kase = 0.81 goals per 60 (0.18 g/g);
1.56 primary points/60 (0.36 p1/g)

Some other rumored names...

Kreider = 1.04 g/60 (0.24 g/g);
1.50 p1/60 (0.35 p1/g)

Palmieri = 0.87 g/60 (0.20 g/g);
1.44 p1/60 (0.33 p1/g)

Pageau = 0.82 g/60 (0.20 g/g);
1.19 p1/60 (0.29 p1/g)

Toffoli = 0.58 g/60 (0.13 g/g);
1.12 p1/60 (0.25 p1/g)

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Also, the name I'd love to discuss here on RW is Dustin Byfuglien. He's about to do the same think Kovalchuk did and be able to look for a home anywhere he wants.

Anyone else see the value in having him shift back to forward and play a power forward RW role on the 2nd line?

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Byfuglien
Heinen - Coyle - Bjork

...as a top nine seems like three lines that can score on any given night. Give Byfuglien the one year deal to show that he is healthy and then explore a short 35+ contract after this run if he is a fit.

Byfuglien still hasn't started skating after his ankle surgery in October. I don't think there's any expectation that he's going to play this year, or possibly ever again.

Reactions: TCB and Lo97

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
kase .49 hits per game. Heinen .61 hits per game.
Thanks.
I've seen Heinen gently bump guys, if those count as hits than I'm surprised. I've NEVER seen him hit to hurt. I can't say either way about Kase but just looking at is as a position of strength vs. a position of weakness. We need a 2 RW, we have several lh LW's. Not knowing much about Kase and seeing that he's been concussed a few times makes me VERY leery. I would prefer Palmieri or as others have mentioned Arvidsson but he's probably a pipe dream.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCB and sarge88

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
obviously having burns here makes krug history... and im not saying thats necessarily a bad thing

burns is about to turn 35 and has 5 more years... so thats scary as all crap... but he could be a chara/pronger type freak that doesnt slow down a lot due to age. and of course there is some potential to move him up to forward if he did slow down too much

burns at a 6 mill cap hit... or krug at a 6? it feels... like... wed be better off..

now obviously your proposal is total nonsense as far as what we are giving up... so lets see what might make more sense

you want to get rid of backes… and you want san jose to eat 2 mill a year for 5 years

so I think we got to talk about a couple first round picks...

would backes and 2 first round picks get it done?

burns being a right shot... definitely makes Clifton expendable...

could we make this deal bigger and have it help more?

joe thornton and Patrick marleau are owed 2.7 caphit mill between them... and both have reason to want to compete for a cup before they retire. neither carries a committment beyond this year.

brendon Dillon is a huge body expiring left shot dman at 3.2 mill

so lets go huge with our proposal

burns {25% retained}
thornton for this playoffs
marleau for this playoffs
Dillon for this playoffs

in return

2020 and 2021 first round picks
the kevan miller contract
the david backes contract
connor clifton
john moore {trust me we need the cap room more than we need him}
and peter cehlarik {why not}

this deal... makes us HUGE when we go against Washington/st louis

I wouldnt say any of thornton/marleau/Dillon might be impact players the entire playoffs, but especially thornton and marleau are capable of popping in a couple goals in a some game along the way

looking ahead... we probably are very overloaded on right side defense... but that might be ok because burns is getting older fast

I do think we wouldnt be able to bring krug back... but this would still be quite an impressive defense

burns/chara
McAvoy/grzelyck
carlo/lauzon
vaakainanen perculating in the minors for when chara quits

its a crazy thought that san jose would trade burns... but if they did... I could see an argument why we should try to grab him

OMG this is the single worse proposal I have ever seen in my life. 4 completely undesirable players. I’m not trying to be a jerk because I know you put a lot of thought into your lengthy posts but sometimes I ask myself if some of us are even watching the same sport nevermund the same game.

I am not exaggerating when I say I would not take Thornton, Marleau or Burns for free...I honestly mean that (ignoring potential trade value on Burns).

Reactions: Lo97

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
so lets go huge with our proposal

burns {25% retained}
thornton for this playoffs
marleau for this playoffs
Dillon for this playoffs

in return

2020 and 2021 first round picks
the kevan miller contract
the david backes contract
connor clifton
john moore {trust me we need the cap room more than we need him}
and peter cehlarik {why not}

I think I speak for everybody here:

hqdefault.jpg

Lo97

May 10, 2019
If the Jets clear Byfuglien could that be a possible spot for Backes? He's from nearby and the Jets are thin at RW. Obviously the Bruins would still have to pay to offload him but they would probably have the room next year. They're also a team that desperately needs NHL-ready defensemen; something the Bruins have.

Backes (with salary retained) for Lauzon and Zboril?
If "nearby" is 450 miles to you then yeah, he's from "nearby" Winnipeg.

Reactions: Dr Hook and Bodit9

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
as precedence is being established... I can see reason to suspect that this is exactly where the backes situation is headed

he seems to want to play even more than he seems to worry about the money

and bruins seem to want to not have him play even more than they are worried about the money too

its too difficult to deal that current contract but after the kovalchuk and now this byfuglin deal get past the nhl compliance officers as far as cap circumvention goes... this seems taylor suited for backes

I mean it was pretty shady a couple years ago when washinton got Orpik bought out and then brought him right back to the team... and yet that somehow flew

this is a clear cut case where boston doesnt want to be responsible for backes messing up his head... and he isnt ready to retire... so why should he or the team be punished? its not an over 35 contract. it wasnt one of these ridiculous front loaded deals like Zetterberg or hossa where we all knew the guy would end up never playing it out

I am not sure if backes will just retire {seems likely if no team is willing to take him on} or if there is actually a termination... but the way I read these tea leaves I think this will end well for everyone
Lets hope this is the case, would be best for the player and the team.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Over the last two seasons at even strength:

Heinen = 0.54 goals per 60 (0.11 g/game);
1.16 primary points/60 (0.23 p1/g)

Kase = 0.81 goals per 60 (0.18 g/g);
1.56 primary points/60 (0.36 p1/g)

Some other rumored names...

Kreider = 1.04 g/60 (0.24 g/g);
1.50 p1/60 (0.35 p1/g)