Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I'm a fan of Heinen's, but I'd trade him for Kase. Anaheim might look at that as a starting point, but based on production this year, I believe they have the same point totals to date. As one poster pointed out, it could be a situation where both players thrive with a change of scenery. Kase is a natural right-handed RW and shoots the puck at a much higher rate. Heinen alternated from the left and right wing and has fit better on the 3rd line for the Bruins - a spot in which I feel Bjork looks fine.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Heinen is the same age as kase and heinen has been playing his off wing the majority of his career and has put up the same production as kase at his normal position.

Heinen is 126 days older. I’m all for upgrading at positions but Kase for heinen is a backwards move.
Kase had as many goals as Heinen last year in 47 fewer games. He was on pace for 30 goals and 54 points before his season was ended by injury. The fact that you bring up Heinen's playing his off wing as an excuse for not producing more while ignoring that Kase had his breakout season cut short kind of suggests to me that you've already made up your mind and nothing I could possibly say would change your mind so I think that's enough of this discussion for today.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Kase had as many goals as Heinen last year in 47 fewer games. He was on pace for 30 goals and 54 points before his season was ended by injury. The fact that you bring up Heinen's playing his off wing as an excuse for not producing more while ignoring that Kase had his breakout season cut short kind of suggests to me that you've already made up your mind and nothing I could possibly say would change your mind so I think that's enough of this discussion for today.

kase has 6 goals in 770 minutes this year. Heinen has 7 in 730 minutes. Since heinen entered the league no player has a lower goals against per 60 minutes than heinen while on the ice. The last 3 years heinen has been in the top 2 among bruins forwards in on ice goaltender save percentage among players to play 50% of the teams games.

Has kase scored more goals... yes but heinen has a higher shooting percentage and their points per 60 minutes over their career are nearly identical.

the offensive production is nearly the same. I’ll take the much better all around player.

also for those that complain heinen is soft. Kase has 9 hits this season in 770 minutes compared to heinens 27 in 730 minutes. If heinen avoids contact, kase is straight up afraid of it.

FWIW heinens been top 2 on his team in goalie on ice save percentage. Kase has been on the bottom half of his team in goalie on ice save percentage in 3 of his teams 4 seasons.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I hope we dont trade for Kase and think he is going to be our solution for 2nd line RW. He produceses simillar points as Heinen.

Last 100 Games

Heinen 15g 33a = 48p
Kase 22g 30a = 52p

Heinen 61 hits
Kase 37 hits

Heinen has played 14:13min per game
Kase has played 15:43min per game
I think he would be a 3rd line addition and a top6 RW would still be added.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
kase has 6 goals in 770 minutes this year. Heinen has 7 in 730 minutes. Since heinen entered the league no player has a lower goals against per 60 minutes than heinen while on the ice. The last 3 years heinen has been in the top 2 among bruins forwards in on ice goaltender save percentage among players to play 50% of the teams games.

Has kase scored more goals... yes but heinen has a higher shooting percentage and their points per 60 minutes over their career are nearly identical.

the offensive production is nearly the same. I’ll take the much better all around player.

also for those that complain heinen is soft. Kase has 9 hits this season in 770 minutes compared to heinens 27 in 730 minutes. If heinen avoids contact, kase is straight up afraid of it.

FWIW heinens been top 2 on his team in goalie on ice save percentage. Kase has been on the bottom half of his team in goalie on ice save percentage in 3 of his teams 4 seasons.

Kase
Ondrej Kase Stats, News, Video, Bio, Highlights on TSN

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Here is another trade offer to think about.
We give the Sharks Backes, Clifton and Heinen for Burns.
Sharks eat 25% of Burns contract this year and next year, that makes the Backes money a wash.
Remaining years thereafter on his contract Sharks eat 50%.
We get Burns for the rest of this year and next year.
If his play declines, we leave him exposed in the Seattle draft.
This trade then allows us to move Gryz along with someone else to improve at RW.

obviously having burns here makes krug history... and im not saying thats necessarily a bad thing

burns is about to turn 35 and has 5 more years... so thats scary as all crap... but he could be a chara/pronger type freak that doesnt slow down a lot due to age. and of course there is some potential to move him up to forward if he did slow down too much

burns at a 6 mill cap hit... or krug at a 6? it feels... like... wed be better off..

now obviously your proposal is total nonsense as far as what we are giving up... so lets see what might make more sense

you want to get rid of backes… and you want san jose to eat 2 mill a year for 5 years

so I think we got to talk about a couple first round picks...

would backes and 2 first round picks get it done?

burns being a right shot... definitely makes Clifton expendable...

could we make this deal bigger and have it help more?

joe thornton and Patrick marleau are owed 2.7 caphit mill between them... and both have reason to want to compete for a cup before they retire. neither carries a committment beyond this year.

brendon Dillon is a huge body expiring left shot dman at 3.2 mill

so lets go huge with our proposal

burns {25% retained}
thornton for this playoffs
marleau for this playoffs
Dillon for this playoffs

in return

2020 and 2021 first round picks
the kevan miller contract
the david backes contract
connor clifton
john moore {trust me we need the cap room more than we need him}
and peter cehlarik {why not}

this deal... makes us HUGE when we go against Washington/st louis

I wouldnt say any of thornton/marleau/Dillon might be impact players the entire playoffs, but especially thornton and marleau are capable of popping in a couple goals in a some game along the way

looking ahead... we probably are very overloaded on right side defense... but that might be ok because burns is getting older fast

I do think we wouldnt be able to bring krug back... but this would still be quite an impressive defense

burns/chara
McAvoy/grzelyck
carlo/lauzon
vaakainanen perculating in the minors for when chara quits

its a crazy thought that san jose would trade burns... but if they did... I could see an argument why we should try to grab him

Reactions: Strafer

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m surprised the Bruins haven’t hired Shero as a special adviser to Sweeney

he’s got all that knowledge to share & compare on the Devils and the league

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Wish Backes would do this with the Bruins.

as precedence is being established... I can see reason to suspect that this is exactly where the backes situation is headed

he seems to want to play even more than he seems to worry about the money

and bruins seem to want to not have him play even more than they are worried about the money too

its too difficult to deal that current contract but after the kovalchuk and now this byfuglin deal get past the nhl compliance officers as far as cap circumvention goes... this seems taylor suited for backes

I mean it was pretty shady a couple years ago when washinton got Orpik bought out and then brought him right back to the team... and yet that somehow flew

this is a clear cut case where boston doesnt want to be responsible for backes messing up his head... and he isnt ready to retire... so why should he or the team be punished? its not an over 35 contract. it wasnt one of these ridiculous front loaded deals like Zetterberg or hossa where we all knew the guy would end up never playing it out

I am not sure if backes will just retire {seems likely if no team is willing to take him on} or if there is actually a termination... but the way I read these tea leaves I think this will end well for everyone

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
Burns is an interesting idea but don’t see why he would be traded unless SJ was getting a bunch of 1sts or a young top tier player back.

I’m curious if Hall becomes available again and if we’d have the assets to get him. I know nothing about the prospects Arizona gave up for him so I can’t come back with comps. That’s the type of player I can see them looking at that would affect Krug next year. I know he doesn’t have term but he’d be a major commitment to re-sign.

Reactions: bbfan419

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Heinen is the same age as kase and heinen has been playing his off wing the majority of his career and has put up the same production as kase at his normal position.

Heinen is 126 days older. I’m all for upgrading at positions but Kase for heinen is a backwards move.

Have you seen Kase play?
The guy has elite level skill and by no-way would this be a backwards move.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
You’re right, they can’t keep everybody, but they shouldn’t trade players for the sake of trading players. Heinen is a nice player to have and makes this team better.

It isn’t up to me, but if the team acquired another winger I’d sit Wagner and play Kuhlman at 4RW. He’s not only better, but it would allow him to play in that event.
Wager plays so hard,he hits and can put a puck in the net time to time. He was very good in the playoffs last year. Sweeney extended him for a reason.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Heinen gets so beat up on these boards. You’d think he was a 5 million dollar guy that wasn’t productive

I’m not going to argue if he’s better than Kase or not. But he’s definitely better than Kuhlman. And if we traded for Kase, that’s who’s bumped from the line up

Reactions: TOR1970Cup

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Burns is an interesting idea but don’t see why he would be traded unless SJ was getting a bunch of 1sts or a young top tier player back.

I’m curious if Hall becomes available again and if we’d have the assets to get him. I know nothing about the prospects Arizona gave up for him so I can’t come back with comps. That’s the type of player I can see them looking at that would affect Krug next year. I know he doesn’t have term but he’d be a major commitment to re-sign.

i got a lot of time for taylor hall... i could see where people would be calling him our best player in a year or two if we landed him

but it feels more like an off-season move

if debrusk was asking 6... and we got krejci at 7... thats 13 mill for a second line that is rather hit and miss...

i feel we could land hall from free agency at 11... deal debrusk and krejci for a huge haul of picks/prospects/affordable depth upgrades... find ourselves a 2-3 million dollar short term center/winger that could help studnicka break in...

walkaway with a league mvp on the second line in support of Bergeron/marchand on the first line {id probably put pastrnak with hall since hall is a playmaker and pastrnak is a sniper.}

we were in on Tavares... in on kovalchuk... so i think there is some appetite in the front office to get this type of impact player into town

Reactions: bbfan419

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Too serious, I always work back up.
Posters are involving a 2nd, Backes and Heinen on different deals.

I'm actually more anxious about my sim league trade deadline than the Bruins.

for what its worth... i would think a second, backes, and Heinen would be roughly comparable to steen and a 3rd

i think steen has more player value than backes… the second doesnt really cover the difference. our offer might be a little better than the st louis offer but we solve a huge headache if we can move backes

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Hall at $11 mil, I'll take Heinen. I don't like Hall not even at $6 mil.

I see that he can put up a point a game but seeing him try to squeeze between a player and the boards so he won't get hit is going to have me doubled over in pain. I know everybody will reply that it's his game, yeah all 8 hits in 49 games it is.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Too serious, I always work back up.
Posters are involving a 2nd, Backes and Heinen on different deals.

I'm actually more anxious about my sim league trade deadline than the Bruins.

Its been most of today's discussion since it came out. Not sure what page talks start on though. Consensus seems to be he'd be a nice add, but not that missing RW we need.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Hall at $11 mil, I'll take Heinen. I don't like Hall not even at $6 mil.

I see that he can put up a point a game but seeing him try to squeeze between a player and the boards so he won't get hit is going to have me doubled over in pain. I know everybody will reply that it's his game, yeah all 8 hits in 49 games it is.

Tom Wilson had 13 hits against Pittsburgh the other night. The team nearly double the hits than Pittsburgh by the end. Guess who ended up with the 2 points at the end of the game, I'll give you 3 guesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad