Proposal: ALL Bruins rumors/proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Drouin requesting a trade from Lightning.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/1...han-drouin-requests-trade-tampa-bay-lightning

Connolly and a pick for Drouin?

Or we try to do a package where we also acquire a Tampa Bay defenseman and add more pieces/prospects (koko, etc.)?

This has been talked about in this thread for the past few days.

I doubt Tampa wants Connolly back and it would have to be a really good pick. There are many other teams who would offer better. Plus they would probably want somebody who can step in and play.

He isn't coming here.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Oh, I agree completely. The fact that he's one of the top forward choices to come up from Providence is testament to the poor drafting under Chiarelli's watch. And also why the past couple of drafts are so key to the B's future hopes. There is a gap right now in NHL ready talent.

Sadly I have to agree with you too. Some teams seem to have an endless supply of players ready to step in. We don't have any and probably won't for a while.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Why would Tampa take their own garbage back in Connolly? Come on..

We'd all like Drouin but hes not coming here, he'd cost too much and he's most likely going out West.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
FWIW: http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2016/01/world-renown.html
-- Rychel is an interesting case. You remember the dust-up at development camp, when Rychel's camp -- agent, father, possibly others -- met with Blue Jackets' officials and demanded an explanation as to why Rychel seems parked so deep on the depth chart? The Dispatch has been told repeatedly that Rychel asked for a trade before the season started, but the Blue Jackets have shown no interest in trading him. The New York Rangers, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, Anaheim, Boston and Detroit have all reportedly shown interest, and why not? Rychel is a point-a-game player in the AHL and has plenty of sand paper.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Give them Koko, Morrow, Griffith, (Heinen), picks outside of 1st whatever to land Rychel.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
2 of them, not all of them :laugh:

Point was make a package and get him to Boston :nod:

He can't make an impact in Columbus but Sweeney should be all over Rychel for some reason?

This board is always enamored with other team's failed prospects for some reason.

Grass is greener I guess.

That being said any deal that bring back anything for Koko at this point I support.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
He can't make an impact in Columbus but Sweeney should be all over Rychel for some reason?

This board is always enamored with other team's failed prospects for some reason.

Grass is greener I guess.

That being said any deal that bring back anything for Koko at this point I support.

In fairness, we were pretty awful at drafting for much of the Chiarelli era. Not hard to see why people may value prospects elsewhere.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
In fairness, we were pretty awful at drafting for much of the Chiarelli era. Not hard to see why people may value prospects elsewhere.

Yeah, no kidding, all we have to show as draft picks for his entire era is Spooner and Pasternak . Granted we also drafted Seguin and Hamilton during his era but both were no brainers and are no longer with the team.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Wonder how much Ladd or Stafford would cost us out of Winnipeg. Both have size and can score. Activate Pasta, use Connolly as part of the package, and send down Vatrano for seasoning.

Getting Krejci back, and having a solid 2nd & 3rd line would make us pretty damn tough to beat.

Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson
Ladd-Krejci-Pastranak
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes
Rinaldo-Kemp-Ferraro
Randell

or

Marchand-Bergeron-Stafford
Eriksson-Krejci-Pastranak
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes
Rinaldo-Kemp-Ferraro
Randell

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Wonder how much Ladd or Stafford would cost us out of Winnipeg. Both have size and can score. Activate Pasta, use Connolly as part of the package, and send down Vatrano for seasoning.

Getting Krejci back, and having a solid 2nd & 3rd line would make us pretty damn tough to beat.

Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson
Ladd-Krejci-Pastranak
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes
Rinaldo-Kemp-Ferraro
Randell

or

Marchand-Bergeron-Stafford
Eriksson-Krejci-Pastranak
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes
Rinaldo-Kemp-Ferraro
Randell

I like the idea, and I like Ladd, but we won't do it as we'd be very unlikely to pay him what he wants this summer. Don't see Sweeney going after rentals at this point.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Next 10 games will tell us a lot. Without Krejci I'm thinking this offense will flutter. If so, time to start shopping Ericksson, Seidenberg, possibly Chara too. Eyes on the future.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
My .02 cents

If the Bruins are within 4 points of a playoff spot on February 29th I keep Loui and go for it

I look at Marchand & Belesky as two of your top three LW for next three years

You have a boatload of good to very good left wings close enough

Heinen
DeBrusk
Gabrielle
Bjork
Cehlarik
Donato

They will hit on multiple of these - not all but some

I read someone say the Bruins aren't deep in prospects and glad I didn't read this in a library because I would have been asked to leave for laughing out loud

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
My .02 cents

If the Bruins are within 4 points of a playoff spot on February 29th I keep Loui and go for it

Heinen
DeBrusk
Gabrielle
Bjork
Cehlarik
Donato

I read someone say the Bruins aren't deep in prospects and glad I didn't read this in a library because I would have been asked to leave for laughing out loud

It's really not that the Bruins won't have somebody to replace Loui, it's more that we can get something good for him instead of nothing. I don't see this team going anywhere in the playoffs unless they make moves to improve the D so why not move Loui to improve the future?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
My .02 cents

Heinen
DeBrusk
Gabrielle
Bjork
Cehlarik
Donato

I agree. I'm just anticipating a very bad run here in the next month or so without Krejci. Teams will now lock in on Bergeron line, thus putting pressure on Spooner line to score in bunches. Not sure he's up to the task yet.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If you're going to acquire Rychel, then I keep Koko.

The two together are the definition of chemistry together.

I think Rychel would be a good fit for the style that Boston plays. I would not give up Heinen for him though.

B's have a lot of picks this year. If Rychel has fallen out of favor, start with a 2nd and add a later round pick/prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad