Proposal: ALL Bruins rumors/proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
I really hope Sweeney is sniffing around to see if there is a Seidenberg type trade out there for stable defenceman to help Chara out.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I was thinking Fayne could slot in above Seids. But I hear you on the Don and Chiarelli trade not happening.

AlpineLager

The way she *** goes
Jul 4, 2007
New Brunswick
I just want to start out by saying that hell will freeze over before there is a trade between Don Sweeney/Cam Neely and Peter Chiarelli.

I havent read many trade rumors/proposals Dom, so forgive me... but what would you speculate as to whats on Sweeneys radar?

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
I really hope Sweeney is sniffing around to see if there is a Seidenberg type trade out there for stable defenceman to help Chara out.

Think we need more than just a "stable" D. We need a young #2 or 3, who will eventually take over from Chara and be our #1.

Not saying that is going to be easy to find, but if we want to contend for the Cup again, I think it's essential.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Think we need more than just a "stable" D. We need a young #2 or 3, who will eventually take over from Chara and be our #1.

Not saying that is going to be easy to find, but if we want to contend for the Cup again, I think it's essential.

If Winnipeg signs Byfuglien, Tyler Myers should be available. That would fit the description, I think a player like that could excel under the Clode.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
I just want to start out by saying that hell will freeze over before there is a trade between Don Sweeney/Cam Neely and Peter Chiarelli.

Even if a trade were possible, and even in the works, I feel like hell would freeze over long before Chiarelli would finish evaluating it anyways.

So, no real loss there.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
If Winnipeg signs Byfuglien, Tyler Myers should be available. That would fit the description, I think a player like that could excel under the Clode.

Nice thought, hadn't been thinking of Myers. He's struggled in recent years, but he clearly has talent, and often, it takes more years for young D to develop/flourish -- e.g., Victor Hedman in TB is a great example.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I havent read many trade rumors/proposals Dom, so forgive me... but what would you speculate as to whats on Sweeneys radar?

Let me start with proposals:

I rarely do a proposal - maybe one every 10 years. I read proposals simply for the pure entertainment value and it gives me a sense on how fans underrate/rate/overrate players.

Secondly, rumors:

None that I am aware of. However, there was some rumbling that he was trying to move a d-man. I think their late season addition on d is Maxim Chudinov. But that is contingent on one thing - that St Petersburg's season ends early enough. He wants to come over as soon as his KHL season is over, But if Sweeney is interested, it may not come soon enough as St Petersburg are expected to go deep.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Nice thought, hadn't been thinking of Myers. He's struggled in recent years, but he clearly has talent, and often, it takes more years for young D to develop/flourish -- e.g., Victor Hedman in TB is a great example.

Myers seems to me similar to Hamilton sans the offensive talent. Admittedly I've watched very little of him.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
How is Chudinov looking so far this season, could he give our defense a strong boost?

Seems like he is averaging 20mins per night?

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
I think seids is first unless a playoff team is desperate for mcquaids grit

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
Myers seems to me similar to Hamilton sans the offensive talent. Admittedly I've watched very little of him.

The Myers/Enstrom pairing in WPG usually gets the top assignment. I doubt they resign Buff as Myers and Trouba are really solid right side guys whose ages align better with the rest of the team. I'd love to target Trouba (winnegpeg radio thinks he doesn't want to be in that town), and they need offenseive pieces which we have.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
They gave him 4y contract extension, pretty sure it is a sign and trade...
Granted because of that extension it does not make any sense, but if the Bruins want to stay competitive and free up cap space, the most logical decision is to move McQuaid in my opinion. I only say that because Seidenberg is better than McQuaid, and I would rather they move Seidenberg in the offseason. Moving Seidenberg is also an option given how well Krug is handling his increase of minutes.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Ha strange I tweeted Haggs last night about the possibility of Chudinov, didn't reply obviously cos he wouldn't know such things cos he only regurgitates what others already report and claims it his own. Dom, if/when Chudinov comes over, is it only going to be until next seasons KHL begins? Or is he coming over for a proper crack?

The latest on the Habs board is Stamkos is gonna sign with them cos "Bell Centre is the loudest building in the NHL" :laugh: :clap:

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Ha strange I tweeted Haggs last night about the possibility of Chudinov, didn't reply obviously cos he wouldn't know such things cos he only regurgitates what others already report and claims it his own. Dom, if/when Chudinov comes over, is it only going to be until next seasons KHL begins? Or is he coming over for a proper crack?

The latest on the Habs board is Stamkos is gonna sign with them cos "Bell Centre is the loudest building in the NHL" :laugh: :clap:

I think Toronto is going to go hard at Stamkos. Can't see him ever signing with Montreal.

Toronto is awful this year, and will have a decent shot at Matthews in the draft. Imagine, Stamkos and Matthews lining up for the Laffs next year.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Would anybody entertain the idea of locking up Byfuglien long term? He is a top defenseman in the league whether some think it or not. I would. I think it will ease the pain of Chara's steady decline.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Would anybody entertain the idea of locking up Byfuglien long term? He is a top defenseman in the league whether some think it or not. I would. I think it will ease the pain of Chara's steady decline.

Are you willing to give him something around 7/7, it's probably another Chara contract and the few last years are rough value.

Have to ask when is the team good enough to compete, if it takes few years then there really shouldn't be a reason, don't want 7M cap hit to be in away.

The idea of having a physical 50 point RD beast intrests me, but the brain screams No when it's Buff.

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Funny, didn't seem so loud the other night when they fell behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad