Proposal: ALL Bruins rumors/proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
It's not that it wouldn't be enough...it's not even close to what TB would want in return for a former top 3 pick with a ton of upside. And why in the world would they add their #2 defenseman on top of Drouin?

Even if you change Stralman to Carle and Marchand to Eriksson, why does TB make that deal?

I think TB would love to unload Carle who at 5.5M has put up 33gp 0g 0a 0p -6.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
I think Rychel would be a better fit for the Bruins than Drouin, but honestly I don't see the Bruins going hard after either of them. He plays a tougher game than Drouin, but still has more skill than our current AHL/NHL tweeners. It would likely cost much less to acquire him, but I'm not sure I'd send any of our 2015 picks or 1st/2nd rounders this year for him. If it took something like Subban + Heinen/Donato or Subban + Koko + Griffith then I'd listen. Otherwise I keep all of our bullets to look for a long term D upgrade.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think Rychel would be a better fit for the Bruins than Drouin, but honestly I don't see the Bruins going hard after either of them. He plays a tougher game than Drouin, but still has more skill than our current AHL/NHL tweeners. It would likely cost much less to acquire him, but I'm not sure I'd send any of our 2015 picks or 1st/2nd rounders this year for him. If it took something like Subban + Heinen/Donato or Subban + Koko + Griffith then I'd listen. Otherwise I keep all of our bullets to look for a long term D upgrade.

Some think Heinen was the teams best prospect before this draft. I'd be loathe to move him for a question mark.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Some think Heinen was the teams best prospect before this draft. I'd be loathe to move him for a question mark.

Don't know if I would consider Rychel a question mark, I think at worst he becomes a solid third line player (almost a smaller version of Crouse from this year). I like Heinen and think he is a solid prospect but would consider moving him for Rychel.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013

I like Heinen too, but his value to the Bruins is as a center, and he's been playing wing this year, right? If so then he's definitely behind DeBrusk/Senyshyn on the long term depth charts for wing. You have to give up talent, to get talent. Rychel's game at the very least could be a long term 3rd winger with second line upside, much more than a question mark. Like I said, I'm not going to be beating down Columbus' door to get him, but if that's what it took I could live with it.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Kerby Rychel would make a great Bruin. The future line of Rychel/Krejci/Pastrnak gives me sweet dreams.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Carle is terrible, no doubt about it. But I don't think unloading his contract is worth it for them to trade Drouin for UFA Eriksson.

Probably not but it runs another two seasons after this one so that's a lot to take on for this player.

I wouldn't do that trade from Boston's side.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
I like Heinen too, but his value to the Bruins is as a center, and he's been playing wing this year, right? If so then he's definitely behind DeBrusk/Senyshyn on the long term depth charts for wing. You have to give up talent, to get talent. Rychel's game at the very least could be a long term 3rd winger with second line upside, much more than a question mark. Like I said, I'm not going to be beating down Columbus' door to get him, but if that's what it took I could live with it.

And he is playing like a turd this year too. 11 points in 18 games and a -3 in the NCAA nothing to see here right now folks... Are prospect value is brutal right now considering DeBrusk, Synyshyn and Lauzon all did not get consideration for the WJC. Carlo looks like a decent player though.

Carle might not be playing great this year but neither is the entire Tampa team. I actually think he would be the kind of defenseman we need he has always been pretty dependable in the post season. Tampa would have to eat some of his salary though because 5.5 is way too much. I wonder what the Islanders think of Josh Ho-Sang and if he could be had on the low.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
And he is playing like a turd this year too. 11 points in 18 games and a -3 in the NCAA nothing to see here right now folks... Are prospect value is brutal right now considering DeBrusk, Synyshyn and Lauzon all did not get consideration for the WJC. Carlo looks like a decent player though.

Carle might not be playing great this year but neither is the entire Tampa team. I actually think he would be the kind of defenseman we need he has always been pretty dependable in the post season. Tampa would have to eat some of his salary though because 5.5 is way too much. I wonder what the Islanders think of Josh Ho-Sang and if he could be had on the low.

Kirk on twitter has had nothing but good things to say about his play this season and says his numbers are deceiving as he has just been really snakebit. always be careful about judging just based on stats.

the other 3 guys you listed have been playing very well too by all accounts. Debrusk off to the slowest start of the 3, but has been on fire since getting traded. saying their value is low b/c they didn't get WJC consideration is incredibly ignorant.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
Kirk on twitter has had nothing but good things to say about his play this season and says his numbers are deceiving as he has just been really snakebit. always be careful about judging just based on stats.

the other 3 guys you listed have been playing very well too by all accounts. Debrusk off to the slowest start of the 3, but has been on fire since getting traded. saying their value is low b/c they didn't get WJC consideration is incredibly ignorant.

Not to piggy back, but it's also pretty disingenuous to lump Lauzon with them considering he was one of the last cuts for team Canada.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.

There always seems to be some bias towards NCAA players for whatever reason, I'm not going to get into a statistical analysis of which reporters give players from a specific development system more type. What I will say is this, Seth Griffith was highly productive as a CHLer. He has been productive in the AHL and looks like he will be a mid-level player in the NHL. Seth Griffith was a better player at the same juncture in his career than Heinan yet for some reason I do not recall any groundswell of promise around Griffith. Now if Griffith played for a NCAA school perhaps things would have been different.

I watch them, so I'm not coming from a position of ignorance... Synyshyn has been mediocre with the Petes especially considering that he was supposed to be a key cog now (some, the Bruins included, believed he suffered last year from being on such a deep team). I just don't see anything spectacular to write home about and these are players who were selected high in a deep draft. I would wager that I have seen as much if not more of these players than anyone who would label my comment regarding them not being considered for the WJC "ignorant." They didn't even receive invites, nor should they have quite frankly given their play at the time. We have a difference of opinion agreed but I'm not going to call your opinion ignorant.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
First you need to know that Synyshyn plays for the Soo Greyhounds and not the Petes.

Vdub

Live Free or Die
Dec 21, 2013
There always seems to be some bias towards NCAA players for whatever reason, I'm not going to get into a statistical analysis of which reporters give players from a specific development system more type. What I will say is this, Seth Griffith was highly productive as a CHLer. He has been productive in the AHL and looks like he will be a mid-level player in the NHL. Seth Griffith was a better player at the same juncture in his career than Heinan yet for some reason I do not recall any groundswell of promise around Griffith. Now if Griffith played for a NCAA school perhaps things would have been different.

I watch them, so I'm not coming from a position of ignorance... Synyshyn has been mediocre with the Petes especially considering that he was supposed to be a key cog now (some, the Bruins included, believed he suffered last year from being on such a deep team). I just don't see anything spectacular to write home about and these are players who were selected high in a deep draft. I would wager that I have seen as much if not more of these players than anyone who would label my comment regarding them not being considered for the WJC "ignorant." They didn't even receive invites, nor should they have quite frankly given their play at the time. We have a difference of opinion agreed but I'm not going to call your opinion ignorant.

Peterborough is no where near Sault Saint Marie. Even the uniform colours are the opposite. Hard to take you seriously if you can't get the teams correct.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Griffith couldn't skate, still can't really skate and didn't play a complete game so I think the claim that he was a better prospect at any point in his career than Heinen is debatable at best. I'm not ready to write the book on Griffith but I'd also argue with your claim that he looks like mid-level NHLer. I would argue that he looks like one of those tweeners that light up the AHL and are simply not good NHL players.

Also comparing OHL production to NCAA production is apples and oranges, especially when not accounting for factors like the composition of their respective teams

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
No way would I trade Pasta for Drouin. Drouin isn't the goal scorer Pastrnak is, and if Drouin is already going public with his trade request, I'm not sure I'd want his attitude in the locker room at all.

Since TB needs cap space, and likely wouldn't be able to re-sign Eriksson, my proposal would be the following. Although I don't think it'd be enough.
Marchand
Trotman
Boston 1st.

for
Drouin
Stralman

That gives Boston a Krejci / Pasta duo, and a Drouin / Bergeron combo going forward, and Stralman to play next to Chara, pushing C. Miller and McQuaid down the depth chart.

Walsh asked the Lightning back in November to trade his client. FWIW

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Griffith couldn't skate, still can't really skate and didn't play a complete game so I think the claim that he was a better prospect at any point in his career than Heinen is debatable at best. I'm not ready to write the book on Griffith but I'd also argue with your claim that he looks like mid-level NHLer. I would argue that he looks like one of those tweeners that light up the AHL and are simply not good NHL players.

Also comparing OHL production to NCAA production is apples and oranges, especially when not accounting for factors like the composition of their respective teams

I'm not impressed with Griffith at all, feels to me like he's a career AHLer. He has Matt Fraser like speed. That's not good.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
We shouldn't be surprised with Griffith, the knock on him at the draft was his skating, both slow and not dynamic at all.When coupled with his size it's a bad combo. That's why a guy who scored over 80 points in the OHL, 2 seasons in a row, gets drafted in the 5th round.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
We shouldn't be surprised with Griffith, the knock on him at the draft was his skating, both slow and not dynamic at all.When coupled with his size it's a bad combo. That's why a guy who scored over 80 points in the OHL, 2 seasons in a row, gets drafted in the 5th round.

Oh, I agree completely. The fact that he's one of the top forward choices to come up from Providence is testament to the poor drafting under Chiarelli's watch. And also why the past couple of drafts are so key to the B's future hopes. There is a gap right now in NHL ready talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad