Proposal: ALL Bruins rumors/proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Drouin would be a good pick up for the Bruins who could use some offensive gifted players.
This team lacks game breakers and Drouin has potential.

We need some work on the forwards and we need some major changes to the backend.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It's being reported that Rychel asked for a trade in training camp as well. The conspiracy theorist in me is wondering if this is fallout from the Dougie situation. Not that the particulars of each scenario match up, but the general idea behind guys demanding out of town before they have even reached their second deal. Very strange times ahead if it's the case.

GMs are going to have to start playing hardball if thats the case.

As far as Drouin... obviously not the biggest need for Boston and TB would much rather send him west than in the division.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Six teams that should trade for Lightning's Jonathan Drouin

"Should they choose to proceed with a trade, the Lightning should have no shortage of interested teams. Drouin posted 29 goals and 108 points in the QMJHL prior to being drafted. There's still intrigue around the league for his flashy skill set and offensive abilities. He's in the second season of his three-year, entry-level contract that carries a $894,167 cap hit (though he has performance bonuses that are worth a maximum of $2.3 million)."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...an-drouin-trade-tampa-bay-lightning/78230570/

Anybody but the Habs. Please. Just. Anyone. But. Them.

8BostonRocker24

Feb 8, 2006
Silicon Valley
I think best case scenario (for us) is Drouins traded to a pacific team not named the Kings for futures, and helps push San Jose out of the playoffs
I've watched more Sharks games this year than Bruins...

The west is honestly a mess (is is the east somewhat)... Aside from Dallas (Washington in the east) no team has looked really great. Chicago and LA have been very disappointing. I still think they are the class of the west but they have not shown it.

On to San Jose, this team looks like a world beater some nights and on the same level as Edmonton some nights. Jones has honestly looked okay at times but he's not helping the way a lot of fans had hoped.

To me, I think this team is caught between the past and the future. When Boston traded Thornton they made it clear they were cutting the past and moving forward with a new group. San Jose has stripped Joe of The Captainance but keep him on the roster. They have named Little Joe Captain and he's expected to lead a bunch of former Sharks Captains... They are setting him up to fail.

The west is pretty tight, if any of the these teams get hot at the right time (St. Louis, Chicago, LA, San Jose) they can go on a good run I think. But the reverse can also be true, St. Louis, LA and San Jose all look like they need a jump start of some sort.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
I've watched more Sharks games this year than Bruins...

The west is honestly a mess (is is the east somewhat)... Aside from Dallas (Washington in the east) no team has looked really great. Chicago and LA have been very disappointing. I still think they are the class of the west but they have not shown it.

On to San Jose, this team looks like a world beater some nights and on the same level as Edmonton some nights. Jones has honestly looked okay at times but he's not helping the way a lot of fans had hoped.

To me, I think this team is caught between the past and the future. When Boston traded Thornton they made it clear they were cutting the past and moving forward with a new group. San Jose has stripped Joe of The Captainance but keep him on the roster. They have named Little Joe Captain and he's expected to lead a bunch of former Sharks Captains... They are setting him up to fail.

The west is pretty tight, if any of the these teams get hot at the right time (St. Louis, Chicago, LA, San Jose) they can go on a good run I think. But the reverse can also be true, St. Louis, LA and San Jose all look like they need a jump start of some sort.

LA seems to be doing pretty good, are you mixing up LA and Anaheim?

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Drouin would be a good pick up for the Bruins who could use some offensive gifted players.
This team lacks game breakers and Drouin has potential.

We need some work on the forwards and we need some major changes to the backend.

The reason his coach doesn't give him more ice time and his size he should be good as a Bruin for 5 games on this board.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
We don't have what it takes to make this deal. We don't have the assets to acquire Drouin.

Yes they do, they just have to decide if they are willing to part with Debrusk, Zobril, Carlo, Lauzon, JFK, Gabrielle, 2 firsts, in some type of package for Drouin. The Bruins have the assets to make pretty much any deal they want with a team looking for prospects and picks. Tampa has a lot of contracts, besides Stamko's, coming up and would probably covet some of those players and picks.

Question is do the Bruins want a player who is demanding a trade because he is crying about ice time and unproven for a number of picks and players it would take to get him?

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
We don't have what it takes to make this deal. We don't have the assets to acquire Drouin.

Bruins have the assets, I just wouldn't deal any them for Drouin.

For fun though, what would it take?

Would a Pastrnak for Drouin deal work?

Or a Koko + Bruins 1st for Drouin work?

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site

No way would I trade Pasta for Drouin. Drouin isn't the goal scorer Pastrnak is, and if Drouin is already going public with his trade request, I'm not sure I'd want his attitude in the locker room at all.

Since TB needs cap space, and likely wouldn't be able to re-sign Eriksson, my proposal would be the following. Although I don't think it'd be enough.
Marchand
Trotman
Boston 1st.

for
Drouin
Stralman

That gives Boston a Krejci / Pasta duo, and a Drouin / Bergeron combo going forward, and Stralman to play next to Chara, pushing C. Miller and McQuaid down the depth chart.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
No way would I trade Pasta for Drouin. Drouin isn't the goal scorer Pastrnak is, and if Drouin is already going public with his trade request, I'm not sure I'd want his attitude in the locker room at all.

Since TB needs cap space, and likely wouldn't be able to re-sign Eriksson, my proposal would be the following. Although I don't think it'd be enough.
Marchand
Trotman
Boston 1st.

for
Drouin
Stralman

That gives Boston a Krejci / Pasta duo, and a Drouin / Bergeron combo going forward, and Stralman to play next to Chara, pushing C. Miller and McQuaid down the depth chart.

I don't think even Bergeron would be able to carry Connolly and Drouin defensively. Drouin is not good in his own end and is part of the reason Cooper seems to have issue with him.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen

Marchand
Trotman
Boston 1st.

for
Drouin
Stralman

Come on now, you know Tampa would never take that deal. And why would the Bruins be interested in trading Marchand in the first place?

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
I don't think even Bergeron would be able to carry Connolly and Drouin defensively. Drouin is not good in his own end and is part of the
reason Cooper seems to have issue with him.

So move Beleskey up, Eriksson to Bergeron's right, and Connolly down to the third line.

Beleskey - Krejci - Pasta
Drouin - Bergeron - Eriksson
Hayes - Spooner - Connolly
Vitrano - Ferraro - Rinaldo

Z - Stralman
Seids - C. Miller
Krug - Quaid
Rask

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
Come on now, you know Tampa would never take that deal. And why would the Bruins be interested in trading Marchand in the first place?

Stated that in my original post, I didn't think it'd be enough from Boston. Change it to SJ's first instead of Boston's first and they might listen.

or change Stralman to Carle... (In which case I'd move Eriksson instead of Marchand. The expiring contract would let TB retain Stamkos. )

but what I initially proposed is where I'd start the conversation.

Marchand is in the trade because I think TB would want a top 6 lw coming back and wouldn't be interested in pending ufa Eriksson.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
So move Beleskey up, Eriksson to Bergeron's right, and Connolly down to the third line.

Z - Stralman
Seids - C. Miller
Krug - Quaid
Rask

So you want to break up one of the best duos in the entire league and then give him Eriksson who has never really clicked with Bergeron.

No Thanks.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Z - Stralman
Seids - C. Miller
Krug - Quaid
Rask

How does this make them better short or long term? Marchand has been their 3rd best forward all year, is scrappy and turning into a team leader. Drouin is unproven and could be a huge bust.

Drouin is a player I would pass on unless it was just prospects and picks going back. For the record I like Drouins game for the most part and think he could be a game breaker but I wouldn't deal Marchand for him.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
So you want to break up one of the best duos in the entire league and then give him Eriksson who has never really clicked with Bergeron.

No Thanks.

Alright, no worries. I'm just trying to have a little fun with a discussion, and some brainstorming on what it might take for Boston to acquire Drouin.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Yes they do, they just have to decide if they are willing to part with Debrusk, Zobril, Carlo, Lauzon, JFK, Gabrielle, 2 firsts, in some type of package for Drouin. The Bruins have the assets to make pretty much any deal they want with a team looking for prospects and picks. Tampa has a lot of contracts, besides Stamko's, coming up and would probably covet some of those players and picks.

Question is do the Bruins want a player who is demanding a trade because he is crying about ice time and unproven for a number of picks and players it would take to get him?

Marchand
Trotman
Boston 1st.

for
Drouin
Stralman

I'm sorry, these are some of the most outlandish proposals I've ever seen...except for maybe when I was in 5th grade in the schoolyard at lunch. :help:

**Refer back to Wally's post # 909

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
How does this make them better short or long term? Marchand has been their 3rd best forward all year, is scrappy and turning into a team leader. Drouin is unproven and could be a huge bust.

Drouin is a player I would pass on unless it was just prospects and picks going back. For the record I like Drouins game for the most part and think he could be a game breaker but I wouldn't deal Marchand for him.

Short term, I upgraded the defense by turning Trotman into Stralman and giving K. Miller a seat in the press box.

Long term, that's a gamble on Drouin.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
Stated that in my original post, I didn't think it'd be enough from Boston. Change it to SJ's first instead of Boston's first and they might listen.

or change Stralman to Carle... (In which case I'd move Eriksson instead of Marchand. The expiring contract would let TB retain Stamkos. )

Marchand is in the trade because I think TB would want a top 6 lw coming back and wouldn't be interested in pending ufa Eriksson.

It's not that it wouldn't be enough...it's not even close to what TB would want in return for a former top 3 pick with a ton of upside. And why in the world would they add their #2 defenseman on top of Drouin?

Even if you change Stralman to Carle and Marchand to Eriksson, why does TB make that deal?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

SJ 1st is staying in Boston, real chance to get a top3/top10 pick and a fantastic prospect.
Our own Drouin prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad