Proposal: ALL Bruins rumors/proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Anyone have an idea what direction Donny's gonna go?

Currently we sit in a wild card spot.

At the beginning of the season, my guess was that we were going to be anywhere from 7-10th in the conference, which is right in line with my expectations. We were so close to the top of the division, but we are even closer to being on the outside looking in.

Does anyone think we are looking for short term fixes, long term moves, or what?

Any realistic targets that anyone's heard about? I'd love to think we are in on Drouin, but I don't see that happening. Any teams in the West looking to move a struggling young player that could use a new start?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
In my opinion, if the Bruins are targeting Rychel, current roster players such as Morrow and Connolly should be in play as well as anything but our 1st rounders this year, prospects drafted last year, and Khokhlachev (as Dom has pointed out as to why). Our third line has been "meh" these past couple of seasons. I'm all for management banking on the chemistry between Rychel and Khokhlachev. If a trade like that goes down, I would see what kind of defenseman Eriksson and Spooner could fetch us.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I like the idea, and I like Ladd, but we won't do it as we'd be very unlikely to pay him what he wants this summer. Don't see Sweeney going after rentals at this point.

I would imagine the cost for Ladd would be pretty steep too. I'd be interested in Stafford though; I always thought he was pretty good in Buffalo, is signed fairly cheap for another year, and has 12 goals already this year. I think we can put our 1st in play this year because we have the SJ one.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
In my opinion, if the Bruins are targeting Rychel, current roster players such as Morrow and Connolly should be in play as well as anything but our 1st rounders this year, prospects drafted last year, and Khokhlachev (as Dom has pointed out as to why). Our third line has been "meh" these past couple of seasons. I'm all for management banking on the chemistry between Rychel and Khokhlachev. If a trade like that goes down, I would see what kind of defenseman Eriksson and Spooner could fetch us.

So your banking on a couple of prospects who chemistry aside, have both had trouble cracking NHL line-ups of less-than-stellar forward groups, to then shop 2 proven commodities (Spooner at the very least has proven he can contribute at the NHL level)?

Rychel and Koko on the 3rd line, be prepared for more "meh". Oh and expect some increased "meh" from lines 1 and 2 without Spooner and Eriksson.

This board's fascination with other team's mid-range prospects is astounding. The fact that guys here would move proven NHL young players (yes Connolly and Morrow are proven at the NHL level whether you like them or not) for a guy who hasn't made it yet and is a comparable age range blows my mind.

I am not saying I wouldn't acquire Rychel. For the right deal sure. But I certainly wouldn't overpay by subtracting from the existing roster to get him, unless were talking guys like K.Miller, Talbot, etc which I'm absolutely certain CBJ wants no part of. If a comparable mid-range prospect + a 3rd rd pick couldn't get it done, then let him wallow in the CBJ minor league system.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
So your banking on a couple of prospects who chemistry aside, have both had trouble cracking NHL line-ups of less-than-stellar forward groups, to then shop 2 proven commodities (Spooner at the very least has proven he can contribute at the NHL level)?

Rychel and Koko on the 3rd line, be prepared for more "meh". Oh and expect some increased "meh" from lines 1 and 2 without Spooner and Eriksson.

This board's fascination with other team's mid-range prospects is astounding.
Rychel has only played 16 games in the NHL, and Khokhlachev has only played 9. This is a trade that would get done when Krejci comes back which moves Spooner back to the 3rd line. If Eriksson is not re-signed, Eriksson and Spooner should be able to get you a pretty good defender which is of great need for the Bruins. Yes there is the risk that both Rychel and Khokhlachev will not perform up to expectations if that is the direction the Bruins are willing to go, but the Bruins are not winning the cup this year:

Beleskey - Krejci - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - Hayes/Vatrano/Ferraro
Rychel - Khokhlachev - Hayes/Vatrano/Ferraro

could be a pretty good top 9, and that includes the defender Eriksson+Spooner would return back in a trade. That is still a playoff/wildcard team in my eyes if the Bruins decide to go that direction.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen

This board's fascination with other team's mid-range prospects is astounding. The fact that guys here would move proven NHL young players (yes Connolly and Morrow are proven at the NHL level whether you like them or not) for a guy who hasn't made it yet and is a comparable age range blows my mind.

I am not saying I wouldn't acquire Rychel. For the right deal sure. But I certainly wouldn't overpay by subtracting from the existing roster to get him, unless were talking guys like K.Miller, Talbot, etc which I'm absolutely certain CBJ wants no part of. If a comparable mid-range prospect + a 3rd rd pick couldn't get it done, then let him wallow in the CBJ minor league system.

Wholeheartedly agree. People get overly infatuated with prospects drafted in the first round. Doesn't matter what they've accomplished, they see "Drafted 1st Round" and are immediately willing to sell the farm to get him.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I dont see how. At this point I don't understand how he could have been valued at two second rounders.

When Chiarelli starting citing Steve Yzerman's word as the main source of why he thought Connolly was worth the trade, I became concerned.

This on top of the fact that Chiarelli's deadline moves last year, for a team clearly not going to make any sort of run, were to add a project player and an old fourth liner. And not move a golden pending UFA in Soderberg to a contender...

"Best GM in the league"

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Some think Heinen was the teams best prospect before this draft. I'd be loathe to move him for a question mark.
Yup

When Chiarelli starting citing Steve Yzerman's word as the main source of why he thought Connolly was worth the trade, I became concerned.

This on top of the fact that Chiarelli's deadline moves last year, for a team clearly not going to make any sort of run, were to add a project player and an old fourth liner. And not move a golden pending UFA in Soderberg to a contender...

"Best GM in the league"

LOL, don't you trust Chia?:laugh: The last 3 years of his tenure he stunk the joint out. He wasted an asset so that's why a lot of us don't want to see Eriksson wasted in the same way. So far it's Donny's M.O. to clean house and get back enough assets to rebuild the farm, fast! He's heading in the right direction, the B's are doing ok but if they are able to pull off a rebuild of the farm and an overall upgrade in Boston without hitting bottom it'll be super.
Chiarelli's last few years of TD deals were puke-inducing. DS has his work cut out for him and he knows it. He'll do the right thing, or as right a thing as he can to return this club to an upper echelon team.

Juneau

Oct 13, 2015
Spooner + Koko + 2nd.

I never do these things. I'm sure it's a stupid proposal.

I would have 2 issues with this:

1. This would leave Ferraro as full time #3 centre? Not sure I dig that

2. To me it's too much value for a player that has, as of right now, not proven anything in the NHL

If Spoons happens to find himself on his way to Columbus, RyJo should be the guy coming back. Their stats and roles are quite similar, RyJo has the size, Spooner has fit our PP well.

Due to this 'roster crunch' we've been hearing so much about lately I would consider a deal like Spoons, Killer + something small (4th?/maybe a guy like Camera?)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Wholeheartedly agree. People get overly infatuated with prospects drafted in the first round. Doesn't matter what they've accomplished, they see "Drafted 1st Round" and are immediately willing to sell the farm to get him.

Me I am the opposite. I see drafted 1st round 3 years ago and still hasn't cracked the NHL line-up, and I'm more concerned that his development has leveled off and they are starting to hit 1st round bust territory.

You should of seen the proposals thrown around this summer for Brandon Gormley before he got dealt to Colorado. Gormley, whose got 1 assist and has been a healthy scratch for the AVs 4 of the last 9 games and a former 1st round pick. People here were willing to send ARZ Reilly Smith, a young 20 scorer, for a never-was bust like Gormley. I wouldn't even of considered that deal, and I despised Reilly Smith.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I would have 2 issues with this:

1. This would leave Ferraro as full time #3 centre? Not sure I dig that

2. To me it's too much value for a player that has, as of right now, not proven anything in the NHL

If Spoons happens to find himself on his way to Columbus, RyJo should be the guy coming back. Their stats and roles are quite similar, RyJo has the size, Spooner has fit our PP well.

Due to this 'roster crunch' we've been hearing so much about lately I would consider a deal like Spoons, Killer + something small (4th?/maybe a guy like Camera?)

The only thing most likely of value in that trade would be Spooner, and that's a big risk to take for them giving their trading away a 20 year old known talent (even if he hasn't proven much yet in the NHL).

I think that's where my whole proposal comes in. Sure, we wouldn't be winning that trade right away, but that's a necessary risk if you're looking to acquire a known offensive talent at a mere 20 years of age. He might not have proven much, but he's barely been given the necessary time to disprove himself.

I think my overall point is, you're going to have to give maybe what you and others would consider a little "too much value" to get the deal done if you really want to. K. Miller, a 4th, and a Spooner is basically like Spooner for Drouin. Which...is a big stretch. Unless Sweeney can somehow convince Steve Yzerman Kevan Miller is an "asset".

Juneau

Oct 13, 2015
The only thing most likely of value in that trade would be Spooner, and that's a big risk to take for them giving their trading away a 20 year old known talent (even if he hasn't proven much yet in the NHL).

I think that's where my whole proposal comes in. Sure, we wouldn't be winning that trade right away, but that's a necessary risk if you're looking to acquire a known offensive talent at a mere 20 years of age. He might not have proven much, but he's barely been given the necessary time to disprove himself.

I think my overall point is, you're going to have to give maybe what you and others would consider a little "too much value" to get the deal done if you really want to. K. Miller, a 4th, and a Spooner is basically like Spooner for Drouin. Which...is a big stretch. Unless Sweeney can somehow convince Steve Yzerman Kevan Miller is an "asset".

I understand and agree with you on the whole value thing, I really do.

My concern mostly would be the resulting roster make-up. I would really like to see the forward composition resemble a 1A-B-C + 4rth line rather than 1A-B + 3rd & 4th line if that makes any sense.

I think moving Spooner with out bringing in a suitable replacement leaves our centre depth too weak. (46,37,Kemp,Ferraro, Talbot?)

Add to that, LW depth would look something like Marchy, Bels, Vats, Rychel, Rinaldo etc with Loui either LW/RW....I don't know, seems unbalanced to me.

And to be clear I don't think your proposal was stupid at all, just adding my opinion/input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad