Proposal: ALL Bruins rumors/proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I'd give SJ ALL THE THINGS to get pickles in Boston. Doesn't give you a partner for Chara, but is a prime Seidenberg replacement.

Chara C. Miller
Vlasic Seidenberg
Krug McQuaid

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Burns would be the ideal choice from SJ, but even if they blow it up I don't see him being available.

After him, I wouldn't be interested in any of their forwards, not that none of them are any good (Pavelski would be nice), if Boston is going to try and use young assets and draft picks I'd rather it be for a D-man, preferably a RD.

What about Justin Braun? Nice solid two-way right-shot D-man who would fit into the Top 4 nicely.

Chara - Braun
Krug - McQuaid
Seidenberg - C.Miller

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Personally, I wouldn't be hitting "F5" repeatedly to get updates on Buff to Boston.

But if that's where everyone wants to lead the conversation then so be it. It just seems to be a debate on whether someone (Buff) would be a fit here or not, and what his role would be in the future, is futile, since I have a better chance of winning Lotto Max. ;)

Ha! I'm absolutely happy to let the Buff discussion die right here. :)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I've found our Chara replacement, Doughty in 2.5years :handclap:
Good chance that La is close to rebuilding then and Doughty won't re-sign there then :)

Burns would be the ideal choice from SJ, but even if they blow it up I don't see him being available.

After him, I wouldn't be interested in any of their forwards, not that none of them are any good (Pavelski would be nice), if Boston is going to try and use young assets and draft picks I'd rather it be for a D-man, preferably a RD.

What about Justin Braun? Nice solid two-way right-shot D-man who would fit into the Top 4 nicely.

Chara - Braun
Krug - McQuaid
Seidenberg - C.Miller

I know we are in a fantasy land but if San Jose starts selling they should sell Burns, he has 1.5years left on his contract and ton of value.
Can't see him re-sign in San Jose, and they need young talent for next core.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
If Brent Burns was ever a Bruin i could probably die on the spot and be happy. But, I dunno, hes got a real young family and hes been West Coast for a long time, wonder if he'd just up sticks and move to Boston of all places too, kinda different weather and all :laugh:

Would absolutely love it though. and if it were Doughty, you could kill me twice and id still be content :laugh: never gonna happen

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Man this is pathetic, I make a Doughty joke inspired by main board Lucic re-sign thread and certain poster can't understand it and starts calling me a joke/x again on twitter and even managed to quote me wrong. Embarrassing.
Yes I'm 100% sure Doughty is our saviour :shakehead

No room for humour around here.

Elliotte Friedman brought this up during Saturday Headlines:
Teams Calling on Marcus Johansson

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If Brent Burns was ever a Bruin i could probably die on the spot and be happy. But, I dunno, hes got a real young family and hes been West Coast for a long time, wonder if he'd just up sticks and move to Boston of all places too, kinda different weather and all :laugh:

Would absolutely love it though. and if it were Doughty, you could kill me twice and id still be content :laugh: never gonna happen

Burns is so west coast. He would be a God out there if he was ever on a Seattle team.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Colorado seems to be going nowhere fast. I can see them selling off Iginla & some other vets & looking to retool. As of now they may be a finalist for Austin Mathews. Wonder if they'd consider moving Erik Johnson? Sweeney can offer a solid package of picks & prospects

Iginla has said he will not accept an in-season trade.

Elliott Friedman: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-try-bigger-nets-in-the-all-star-game/

1. Jarome Iginla told The Bleacher Report’s Adrian Dater he will not approve any in-season trades for family reasons. He’s got one more year on his contract, then what? Has Iginla, who will turn 39 next July, considered this might be it? “I don’t know,” he said Monday. “I used to listen to guys like Nicklas Lidstrom say, ‘I’m going to take it one year at a time’ and not believe them. ‘They know what they’re going to do,’ I’d say. But now that I’m in their position, I get it. I feel good. But, we’ve got three kids (ages 11, nine and seven). At some point, I'd like to do more with them. Right now, I don't know though.” Iginla added he and his family don’t know yet where their permanent post-career home will be.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Id give Gorton a bell and see what hes looking to move, Rag have some great pieces but seem to need a shake up. Tell San Jose they can have their 1st back if we can pick who we want :laugh: otherwise beat it.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Last year there was some talk surrounding Tyler Wotherspoon. I wonder if he's available now that the Flames are stocked up on D. Could be a good eventual Seids replacement.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Chara - Braun
Krug - McQuaid
Seidenberg - C.Miller

Would anyone give them that First back knowing what we know now for him ?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

For Braun? Hell no. For Burns? Probably not.

But I would do Zboril + Boston 1st + Koko for Burns and I think that is a very strong offer that could get it done if SJ decides to go that route (which I doubt, to be honest).

Zboril has always felt, to me, like a "well, he is the best D left, so we have to take him" pick. I find Kirk (and others) tepid view of his work ethic and attitude concerning. With Lauzon feeling like a second round steal, and with Krug as a young LHD already (nevermind Morrow), I feel like Zboril is a more expendable high value prospect for this kind of deal, especially if the hope is the that SJ pick is one you can use on a Sergachyov or Fabbro or even a Juolevi if the pick isn't as great as hoped. You are hoping that the SJ can net you a better prospect than Zboril, but you can probably get his equal if things don't go your way.

Adding Pasta and Burns to this current roster makes this team a contender right now with a partner for Chara, and gives them a few more seasons to find their next longterm #1D.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Zboril has always felt, to me, like a "well, he is the best D left, so we have to take him" pick. I find Kirk (and others) tepid view of his work ethic and attitude concerning. With Lauzon feeling like a second round steal, and with Krug as a young LHD already (nevermind Morrow), I feel like Zboril is a more expendable high value prospect for this kind of deal

While almost any prospect is indeed expendable in the right deal, do you have a link to Kirk's analysis of Zboril? Everything I've read about him so far is that he is a pretty reliable defenseman who also brings an element of grit to the ice. I'm interested in reading Kirk's dissenting opinion because he's one of the most informed eyes of talent in the business.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

I would. You instantly become a more than legit contender if we didn't give up anything significant in the now. Burns would become Chara's heir apparent. I'd give up a whole lot for a number 1 defenseman in his prime.

Chara/Burns
Seidenberg/Colin
Krug/McQuaid

And our offense could match up to almost any team.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
While almost any prospect is indeed expendable in the right deal, do you have a link to Kirk's analysis of Zboril? Everything I've read about him so far is that he is a pretty reliable defenseman who also brings an element of grit to the ice. I'm interested in reading Kirk's dissenting opinion because he's one of the most informed eyes of talent in the business.

The podcast Dom posted in the prospects thread. It was only one sentence, but he did feel the need to bring up the attitude/work ethic and projected him as not a possible #1.

Edit: by no means did I read into what he said as saying Zboril isn't a good prospect.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
The podcast Dom posted in the prospects thread. It was only one sentence, but he did feel the need to bring up the attitude/work ethic and projected him as not a possible #1.

Edit: by no means did I read into what he said as saying Zboril isn't a good prospect.

Ah, I see. So might just need some maturing. I don't think he's a possible #1 either, but he could be a very solid #2.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
For Braun? Hell no. For Burns? Probably not.

But I would do Zboril + Boston 1st + Koko for Burns and I think that is a very strong offer that could get it done if SJ decides to go that route (which I doubt, to be honest).

Zboril has always felt, to me, like a "well, he is the best D left, so we have to take him" pick. I find Kirk (and others) tepid view of his work ethic and attitude concerning. With Lauzon feeling like a second round steal, and with Krug as a young LHD already (nevermind Morrow), I feel like Zboril is a more expendable high value prospect for this kind of deal, especially if the hope is the that SJ pick is one you can use on a Sergachyov or Fabbro or even a Juolevi if the pick isn't as great as hoped. You are hoping that the SJ can net you a better prospect than Zboril, but you can probably get his equal if things don't go your way.

Adding Pasta and Burns to this current roster makes this team a contender right now with a partner for Chara, and gives them a few more seasons to find their next longterm #1D.

Do not see it ever taking place ,but if it did you can bet Sharks 1st would be there too.And I would do it too if they wanted it.Burns would change everything.Just the thought of adding him makes me giddy.Answer alot of Bruins priloblems.

jdz

May 22, 2013

Heck no. That San Jose first round pick should not be going anywhere under any circumstance considering the way they are trending.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I just imagined a scenario where the B's trade for Burns, win the cup and then draft Matthews with the Sharks lottery pick. Oh sweet baby jesus

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
With the Sharks stinking up the joint, could a player like Vlasic become available if the price is right?

He would be a fantastic addition to this Bruins team.

I would think it would start with the Bruins 1st + Zboril + Koko

I think the Sharks need to re-build and the above package would be a great start for them.

Bruins must keep SJ 1st (Chechryn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad