Proposal: ALL Bruins rumors/proposals V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
You cannot also make plans based on potential that is nowhere near proven. Scouts not considering Krug's top 4 potential were clearly wrong. Lets not act like Krug has peaked, he is only 24 going into his 3rd season.

Do not get me wrong, Lauzon excites me, Zboril could be a stud too, but for one, you can theoretically say anyone has top 4 potential, including my unborn son or someone as unlikely as Cross. I also find it tough to argue these two guys have higher potential than one of the top PP dmen in the league who still is extremely young. You could argue him being a future #2 defensemen to the same extent as someone arguing Zboril will never be more than a third pair dman. Prospects are very easy assets to make, but established players are very easy mistakes to move. I like the team giving a lot of these young guys a shot right now, but I want to contend soon and moving veterans to make space for potential is the wrong idea.

I agree with this mostly, I think the D needs to lose one of K. Miller, McQuaid, or Seidenberg but I don't think that is going to set us back, just get more playing time for the kids that we know can play in the NHL but need to get more experience to be relied on. I suppose my point being with we have young guys that can play top 4 was more to prove we don't need to move veterans to draft picks, because we have promising D coming through the ranks.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
There is so much uncertainty between now and these prospects even being in the position to make the team, that it's crazy to look at the 2015 class. Know one knows where the FO is going. No one knows where this year's team is going to end up. Deadline deals? It's all a crap shoot. You also have prospects now on the team that can't get ice time, how will the even younger kids break the line up. Not everyone is a Pasternak. He too was on his way to the press box before he got hurt. He was making a lot of mistakes.

It's foolish to make a line up of the team in one year let alone two or three.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There is so much uncertainty between now and these prospects even being in the position to make the team, that it's crazy to look at the 2015 class. Know one knows where the FO is going. No one knows where this year's team is going to end up. Deadline deals? It's all a crap shoot. You also have prospects now on the team that can't get ice time, how will the even younger kids break the line up. Not everyone is a Pasternak. He too was on his way to the press box before he got hurt. He was making a lot of mistakes.

It's foolish to make a line up of the team in one year let alone two or three.

But I think this started somewhat with the discussion of Krug. And I do think teams actually do look at their lineup 2 and 3 years out and when they project players to make the league when making decisions.

Personally I think it is a no brainer to sign Krug, as long as you don't give a long term NTC. If you have a logjam in a couple of years then you have an exceptionally valuable trade chip available

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
But I think this started somewhat with the discussion of Krug. And I do think teams actually do look at their lineup 2 and 3 years out and when they project players to make the league when making decisions.

Personally I think it is a no brainer to sign Krug, as long as you don't give a long term NTC. If you have a logjam in a couple of years then you have an exceptionally valuable trade chip available

I agree, but they are the ones who know what direction they want to take the team. That still is is not black and white due to cercumstances beyond their control.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I'm going to post this here, I think I'll have to repost it shortly in a new thread but I think we should trade for Mark Fayne. He can play second pair minutes for us, he's young, on a good contract. I also bet we could get the Oilers to cover part of his contract since they are now paying to have him play in the AHL. He would fit in perfectly in Julien's system and we could acquire him for nothing. We should have picked him up on waivers but maybe we can get Chiarelli to cover part of his salary in a trade.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'm going to post this here, I think I'll have to repost it shortly in a new thread but I think we should trade for Mark Fayne. He can play second pair minutes for us, he's young, on a good contract. I also bet we could get the Oilers to cover part of his contract since they are now paying to have him play in the AHL. He would fit in perfectly in Julien's system and we could acquire him for nothing. We should have picked him up on waivers but maybe we can get Chiarelli to cover part of his salary in a trade.

Gotta wonder why a guy like him can't crack the horrible Oilers D.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Gotta wonder why a guy like him can't crack the horrible Oilers D.

It seems like it's more of a style issue with the coach, they like to run a more wide open system where Fayne is more of a stay at home type that fit well with NJ, which makes me believe he would do alright here.

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007

He seemed to be a pretty steady defender when he played for the Devils. If the B's could get him cheaply it might be a decent pickup.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
But is Fayne the guy the Bruins want to use their cap space on? I certainly don't.

If you can get the Oilers to cover part of the hit it makes sense, and I don't see why they wouldn't as they are taking his hit and paying him even in the AHL.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I'm going to post this here, I think I'll have to repost it shortly in a new thread but I think we should trade for Mark Fayne. He can play second pair minutes for us, he's young, on a good contract.

Please don't....once was bad enough. ;) Seriously - Mark Fayne ???? If you're going to get an Oiler Defenseman how about one that can actually crack their putrid top 6 ???? I'm not sure Mark Fayne could even get 2nd pair minutes for Providence. And why do you think a guy like that who is getting paid $ 3.5 million until the 2018-19 season ( with a Cap Hit of $ 3.625 million for each season ) is on a " good contract " ????

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
It seems like it's more of a style issue with the coach, they like to run a more wide open system where Fayne is more of a stay at home type that fit well with NJ, which makes me believe he would do alright here.

Chara, Seidenberg, McQuaid, and K. Miller are already on the roster.

We don't need another stay-at-home unless he's an upgrade on at least 3 of the guys listed above.

I think Fayne would do fine here, I just question who he'd be moving for a spot.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It's LA. They like fools gold. Good luck. I hope he does get it. I will be happy for him.

They were also saying that if he gets to free agency, Benning will completely open the checkbook for him.

Re Lucic: I had a strange vision the other night (I blame it on eating too much at a trade meeting).
I got home for the end of the second period and was day dreaming about the whole Lucic issue with Weisse etc when I though "what if LA doesn't have the money and Montreal signs him?"
Threw up in my mouth a little there. It's definitely not as bad but it would be weird seeing him in a 'nucks uni also.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015

Watched Fayne out here a few times.Chiarelli would dance someone takes his deal.He is in minors now at 2.8 Cap hit.Be well over 3 if he is in NHL.He is way to inconsistant for my liking and too much term left for a bust if indeed he did here.If he cannot stick on Oilers it says alot.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I want to point out that to me Seids is a must move player because I would love for Sweeney to go after a top3D and get the cap space/roster spot via Seidenberg trade, not prospect pushing Seids out of the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad